Awoo.

Just Cause 3: Why? Just Cause. (PS4/XBONE/PC)

Kaze no Klonoa

Once again, I'm bringing back another thread that got wiped from the servers. Alright.

header.jpg?t=1423838207

Just Cause 3 is the sequel to 2011's amazing Just Cause 2. Once again, you are in the shoes of Rico as you once again grapple over explosions, jump over cars, and parachute your way down incredibly large heights. The game is being developed for next-gen consoles and we're going to see many improvements over the sequel. The map has been confirmed to be roughly the same size as Just Cause 2, and not much gameplay footage has been shown beyond one trailer and a bunch of screenshots.

To continue discussion going, here's a presentation shown at PAX.

Trailer:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

This came a bit late, but the trailer is coming tomorrow! It's a gameplay trailer too!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/24/8489951/just-cause-3-gameplay-trailer-twitter

"And the chaos ensues. #JustCause3

https://twitter.com/justcause/status/591596379249713153

"See you at 2PM GMT tomorrow, rebels!"

https://twitter.com/justcause/status/592720288837672961

Also, they did this. Classy aren't they.

fSr6o5U.jpg

Incoming Gameplay trailer?!

*refreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefresh*

• Thumbs Up 2

And the trailer is up! 

OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO GOODDDD

No cut scenes, no scripts, no staging. Just gameplay and great camera angles. -Just Cause Youtube Page

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoooooooooooly crap that looks amazing. Just pure unadulterated gameplay....other companies should take notes *coughEAwithStarWarsBattlefrontcough*

• Thumbs Up 2

Hype is so high that my GTA V friends wanna get this game. I'm not kidding.

No cut scenes, no scripts, no staging. Just gameplay and great camera angles. -Just Cause Youtube Page

You know, all this grandstanding for integrity's sake shouldn't distract people from the fact that they literally just announced Day 1 DLC at the same time, but judging from the reactions here I guess it did.

PRIORITIES

• Thumbs Up 1

The second game is a favorite of mine(even though I till need an actual copy), I tried the first but, well, its not very fun. I'm passing on this till after release and a sale or two, cause I wanna see if there's any dirty dlc tricks planned, or any issues with the game

again, still need to get the second one, problem a) is decided between pc and 360 versions, and with pc B) is waiting for a good price drop

You know, all this grandstanding for integrity's sake shouldn't distract people from the fact that they literally just announced Day 1 DLC at the same time, but judging from the reactions here I guess it did.

PRIORITIES

What type of Day 1 DLC? 

I've been eyeing the Just Cause series recently and am considering getting 1 & 2. Just wondering, are there any creepy or unnerving encounters with wildlife in either game?

I've been eyeing the Just Cause series recently and am considering getting 1 & 2. Just wondering, are there any creepy or unnerving encounters with wildlife in either game?

What type of Day 1 DLC? 

Did you even watch the trailer?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but just don't even bother with JC1. Even by Just Cause standards it's ludicrously boring and repetitive, and if you're anything like me you probably won't find the motivation to finish it, much less 100%. At least in JC2 the base layouts can sometimes change.

• Thumbs Up 2

"PRE ORDER NOW TO SECURE THE EXCLUSIVE WEAPONIZED VEHICLE PACK"

->CLIP OF COMPLETELY FINISHED WEAPONIZED VEHICLE PACK, IN REVEAL TRAILER

srsly such bullshit. the trailer looks good but that really put a downer on the whole thing :|

This is a really odd question, I don't remember there being any in JC2 because I spent most of the game zooming around on a grapple hook. Is there even any wildlife at all?

• Thumbs Up 2

Did you even watch the trailer?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but just don't even bother with JC1. Even by Just Cause standards it's ludicrously boring and repetitive, and if you're anything like me you probably won't find the motivation to finish it, much less 100%. At least in JC2 the base layouts can sometimes change.

Hmm, well what story lore incentive? How's that for Just Cause 1? Also what type of repetiveness are we talking here?

Well, I can't remember much of the actual storyline, so I suppose that's just a credit to how unmemorable it is. Though if you stuck strictly to the story missions you'd probably have a game that's, like, about a day long if you ignore the side missions.

As for repetition, let me put it this way: all the side missions revolve around helping one of two factions overthrow a government stronghold. Both factions, save for a colour swap, are identical. Every stronghold is identical. Every set of objectives within a stronghold are identical. Think of it as the equivalent of stretching out a Sonic game by making them replay GHZ act 1 over and over again, without any variation whatsoever. The only other thing to do in this game is collectathons. In a map that's literally the size of a continent. Fuck. That.

JC2 doesn't do it much better, but at least that game had the decency to change the layouts between bases, even if most of them are going to boil down to "goddamnit where's that last explosive silo to blow up".

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 months later...

A interactive video where you'll get to see how many ways you can create chaos.

Well I Played Just Cause 2 (just cause), okay actually it was just the demo but still, I had fun with it!

What I don't understand is how this looks AMAZING or anything...am I missing something?

Well I Played Just Cause 2 (just cause), okay actually it was just the demo but still, I had fun with it!

What I don't understand is how this looks AMAZING or anything...am I missing something?

Compare what you see in the video to what you've played in a small demo. Look up all of the new features. Play Just Cause 2 (the full game :/ ) and compare it to what you see. Is it amazing? It's got potential to. Are you missing something? Yes.

I bought Just Cause 2, months ago when it was 5 bucks on PSN I think, some kind of flash sale, and it's soooo good. I literally don't give a damn about the missions (like most people I believe!) nor the story, I only did the first couple of them to learn a little about the mechanics, and right after it, I've dived into the fun. And this game is so fun, it's unbelievably funny, I laugh all the time during my playthroughs. The vehicle mechanics are so wrong, they're awesome, and of course: the hook.

In my life, few game mechanics made me felt so amazing, such as Spider-man 2 game on the PS2, or the jetpack in GTA San Andreas. But the hook in JC2, takes the prize. I was looking more into JC3, when I saw this video:

The wing suit. Take my life. I don't care, I'll buy a PS4, just because of this.

Edited by Jango

Some missions are quite cool. Have you tried that one with destroying missiles at a missle base, or the mission to investigate the Lost island?

Looks like a few got to play JC3 in it's current state and it looks so fun to play

• 2 weeks later...

I take back what I said about not giving a damn about JC2's missions. I decided to go and do them after all and... THEY ARE AWESOME. Even some of the Faction missions. But the main Agency missions are sooo good. There are only 7, but they are long, full of chaos, over the top boss fights and explosions. The 2 last missions are ridiculously amazing. I wonder if they would've been different depending on the faction I choose... But I don't think so. Anyway. I'm looking insanely forward to JC3.