Awoo.

SSMB Movie Nights: Every Saturday Evening! | On Hiatus Until Further Notice

You know, Felix, when you said we'd be watching a short before the film, I thought you meant a Mickey Mouse short or something not Palutena's Revolting Dinner. But looking back, it was appropriately themed, being about cooking and all. 

Ah yes, and the film itself was great. I found myself enjoying it a lot more now that I'm older compared to when I was like, 11. I'm surprised just how much of the film's message flew over my head as a child. 

Oh and, yeah it was definitely something seeing everyone in the chat trying to make rat puns and making jokes about "Luigi". :P Heh, honestly when Linguini first appeared I had forgotten his name and assumed it was something like Luigi. It actually suits him. But this movie takes place in France, not Italy. 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to next week's SSMB movie night. A shame, because I've never really seen any video game movies aside the Sonic OVA (and even that I've only seen half of). But chances are I'll be at my grandma's in Athens with no internet access. You guys have fun, though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Super Mario Bros. and Professor Layton are near neck-to-neck in terms of votes. I'm holding my breath for Layton, but we'll see how things turn out.

Legend of the Crystal Coconut is better than both anyway, you guys will be watching that movie soon B)

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a very close race, but here I am to announce the victor!

THE WINNER FOR THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

Starring Christopher Robin Miller, Maria Darling, Emma Tate & Jonathan Keeble

Directed by Masakazu Hashimoto

Professor_Layton_and_the_Eternal_Diva_po

This reminds me of a puzzle. Solve it this Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

• Thumbs Up 2

This is good, I adore this movie. (Although it would have also have been fun to rip on the Mario 93' movie but whatevs)

But if I see any ripping during THIS film, they're going to get a personally delivered Galabance Uppercut :^)

The true question is how will the tale of the chicken fook meme continue from this point on?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yaaaaaaaayyy!!!

I´ve seen this movie a couple of times and loved it every time. A third time won´t hurt!

and PLEASE don´t stream Donkey Kong episodes 

Yo, I've got something to announce. It's the new theme!

...Not! For the first time in SSMB Movie Nights, there is no theme this week! With that said, I'm proud to announce what we are watching next Saturday!

Speed Racer

Starring Emile Hirsch, John Goodman,

Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci & Matthew Fox

Written & Directed by The Wachowskis

2SErXu6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

This was a fun Movie Night! I really couldn't follow the plot (this was my first real exposure to Prof. Layton), but it didn't matter: as always, the real fun was chatting with you guys! And I was so pleased that we finally got the King of Dongs Kongs to grace us with his presence! 

I look forward to seeing the Prime Primate at Feature Length next week!

Oh, and that racing movie, I guess. What was it again? Cars 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

I look forward to seeing the Prime Primate at Feature Length next week!

• Thumbs Up 1

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Disney Renaissance Roundabout

(Please place your vote here!)

I'm really, really surprised I haven't done this one sooner. You all remember the Disney movies from the '90s, perennial childhood favorites that went on to be acclaimed as classics of the animation medium as the years went by? The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, you name 'em. Take your pick and choose wisely, this'll be the last Disney theme for a while!

Reminder that we're still seeing Speed Racer tomorrow, be ready for that!

Ah, I totally forgot about Donkey Kong being yesterday. D: I really wanted to see it too.. Oh well. I'm in for tonight though. I can't sleep and I may as well watch something to get my mind off stressful things for a bit. 

Unfortunately I'm usually too busy during the weekends but I hope you guys have fun and watch quality movies.

Speed Racer was the best ninja movie ever. It even had Mario and Diddy Kong as side characters! 

Edit: But seriously, it was an alright movie. I'm now inclined to watch the original anime it was based off. 

I'm kinda bummed y'all didn't like the movie all that much. Oh well, Speed Racer will always be one of my favorite movies.

Rescuers Down Under should totes win the current theme tho, like pls

The Rescuers Down Under

Starring Bob Newhart, Eva Gabor, John Candy & Frank Welker

Directed by Hendel Butoy & Mike Gabriel

The-Rescuers-Down-Under-Movie-Poster.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

BUT I'M THE PRODUCE DEPARTMENT CLOSER 

BOO

I'LL STREAM HOW TO PLAY SSMB 101 LATER FOR THOSE WHO MISS IT I GUESS

what's especially funny is that i only work 3 hours: 4 to 7 PM, which is right when the movie starts. *sigh*