Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

I'm sure everyone saw this coming.*sigh* I'm signing up for Tenso.

Am I the like...only one who buys Amiibos and not take them out the box unless I have a double. I know theyre meant to be played with games, especially the Smash ones....but I don't open any without having another I can keep in the box....you know..... NRFB ad whatnot.

I'm usually really busy so I'm happy my wife is on these amiibos hardcore. She got at least every Smash Amiibo to date with multiples of a few like Sonic, Megaman and Captain Falcon.

If I could I would. I love my amiibos and I want to make use of them. Only one I have in my box is Silver Mario unless I can find another one 

If I could I would. I love my amiibos and I want to make use of them. Only one I have in my box is Silver Mario unless I can find another one 

It makes me upset that you can't use them through the box. 

sooo...

vzfd4FC.jpg

I got Marth, Dedede and Ganondorf. Marth's sword was crooked but aside from that these three went fine and I'm actually really happy with Ganondorfs, it's very well done and may be one of my favourite amiibos so far with the awesome amount of detail, the cape and the lack of that shitty support plastic.

GAME also had two Marths out today, I looked at both and their swords were crooked too, it seems to actually be the packaging doing it. gg Nintendo lmao

Second part of wave 5 comes out whilst I'm on holiday (tomorrow to the 28th) so if I do get any during that time I'll probably do an update on it when I get back home.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its to prevent people from immediately returning them once they get the content inside. 

This is an option, though you will have to cut the bottom of the box to remove the little strip that blocks it.

Its to prevent people from immediately returning them once they get the content inside. 

Or doing it in the store.

Tru Fax.

as someone who ships little mac with rosalina, this video pleases me greatly

Also it was funny. XP

Like every year since Skylanders: Swap Force, there is a special "Dark Edition" Starter Pack you can get. The latest Dark Edition has been announced for Skylanders: Superchargers. Did I say Dark Edition? I mean Dark Editions! Yes, there are 3 Dark Editions this time. Two of which include Dark variants of Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser.

http://kotaku.com/superchargers-dark-editions-complicate-skylander-and-am-1716198951

1330296905348404581.jpg

This is the Non-Nintendo Dark Edition that comes with Dark Spitfire, Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf, Dark Hot Streak, Dark Sea Shadow and a Kaos Trophy which unlocks Kaos-related content.

1330296905468910949.jpg

This is the Wii U Dark Edition which replaces Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow with Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Dark Barrel Blaster.

1330296905574586981.jpg

This is the Wii Dark Edition that instead of Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Dark Barrel Blaster, there's Dark Hammer Slam Bowser and Dark Clown Cruiser.

This means you have to buy 4 Starter Packs to get all the Skylander/amiibo figures. Wii U for Donkey Kong, Wii/3DS for Bowser, Dark Edition Wii U for Dark Donkey Kong and Dark Edition Wii for Dark Bowser. That also means you'll be left with three extra Portals, two Dark Spitfires, two Dark Hot Streaks, two Super Shot Stealth Elfs, and two Kaos Trophies.

(Yes, they appear differently in-game for those who don't know.)

Does this mean Dark Diddy Kong when Donkey Kong supercharges the Dark Barrel Blaster?

• Thumbs Up 1

Noooo! Why Activision why?! *sigh* I just know my brother is going to buy these just for the dark variations of Bowser and Donkey Kong just for the sake of fulfilling his goal of collecting every single amiibo.

Honestly, as much as I hate Amiibos, I'd love a wave 2 of Splatoon amiibos with Marie and Callie, Octoling, and Cap'n Cuddlefish

But especially Marie and  Callie since they are my favourites in Splatoon

4hxdlg.jpg

"I swear to Viridi m8te, say 'Pitto' one more time."

So yeah, I'm happy right now.

In other news, you guys in the U.S. might want to check your local Game Stop tomorrow morning as they seem to be getting in restocks of Ness and King Dedede. Ness quantities have been reported to be in between 6 and 9 while D3s seem to be anywhere from 2-6. Also, apparently it's been confirmed that Palutena WON'T be a retailer exclusive. This is probably the best news we've had in a loooong time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to SDCC, we have our first look at prototype Mewtwo!

20a4gv9.jpg

SO FREAKING PURTY.

• Thumbs Up 6

Thanks to SDCC, we have our first look at prototype Mewtwo!

SO FREAKING PURTY.

• Thumbs Up 2

Me want. Me want that Mewtwo so bad!

Just wait until it becomes a store exclusive, like most Pokemon.

"SDCC shows off the only Mewtwo amiibo that will ever grace United States shores.  Consumers am cry, Reggie shrugs."

Still super salty about how NoA is treating Pittoo.

I was gonna make the same kind of joke. XP

Yeah I saw 4 Ness amiibo at GameStop yesterday. Pretty cool! I already have one though.

So did you hear how a scalper broke into someone's mailbox and stole Amiibos ordered from Japan.

He tried to sell them to a game store but fate have the person he stole the Amiibos from happened to own the store and knew instantly the scalpers was trying to sell him his own Amiibos.

With all these news of chaos surrounding the Amiibos, I wonder if Nintendo realizes what monster they have accidentally created with the Amiibos.

That really happened? Oh, Jeez. I hope that Scalper got what was coming to him!

Hope this incident served as a big "wake up" call to Nintendo. Not even the Skylander shortage of 2011 was that bad.

My cousin got me a Dark Pit amiibo yesterday and he is easily my favorite. The amount of detail is just amazing. 

I also wish Nintendo was doing a better job of stocking these, I haven't seen any of the Wave 4 amiibos at any store I've been to (Target, Gamestop, Best Buy). 

Over here, they have definitely been doing a good job stocking up on some fairly rare Amiibo. Hell I found a bunch of Jigglypuff in HMV, a dream come true for me since it was the one Pokémon Amiibo I wanted! Now I only need Greninja, Mewtwo and that's all the Pokés!