Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

So my stream decided to freeze just as they were talking about the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo support... is it only the new Yarn Yoshi amiibo that work with the game, or will the regular Smash/Mario series Yoshi figures work as well? As much as I love the new yarn ones, I just recently shelled out for a Yoshi figure in anticipation of this game, so I'll be pretty miffed if I can't use it after all!

I'm pretty sure any Yoshi Amiibo will work, the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo are just special editions of Yoshi.

I'm pretty sure any Yoshi Amiibo will work, the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo are just special editions of Yoshi.

Let's hope so!

Those Yarn Yoshi amiibo are pretty damn tempting though... dammit Nintendo, stop making me want things!

Waiting for pre-orders to open...
CBig5j5WAAA_wRp.png

In Europe, the Squid Inkling is exclusive to the Special Edition. Not a problem for me since I wouldn't have considered passing it up in the first place, but this is so lame and unfair. I feel bad for the inevitably huge numbers of people that'll miss out. The Boy and Girl Human Inklings will be available as per usual to everyone, and from the looks of it the Squid is available in a three-pack at least in America.

And this.
CBjJQm_W4AEdVpv.jpg

Yep. Buying the right away too.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Boy and Girl Human Inklings will be available as per usual to everyone

Well, you say "everyone", probably more like "the handful of people who are quick enough off the mark during the first few seconds of pre-orders going up" :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, you say "everyone", probably more like "the handful of people who are quick enough off the mark during the first few seconds of pre-orders going up" :P

Well, yeah. "As per usual" :P
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know,Majora's Mask LE was and still is available long after its release when I thought it'd get snapped up super quick because of it being LE,same with Mario party 10 with the Mario Amiibo.

It's anyone's guess really.

I think the thing with Smash is that some of the characters get few to zero merchandise at all which make it urgent to get someone like Ness for example while there's like 100 Marios on the shelf. It because there's always merchandise for Mario and it easy to get because he's so popular and well known.

Picked up Samus yesterday because I realized if I didn't do it now I might not get another chance before she starts getting scalped

May get the splatoon 3 pack, really want the green squid's Robot armor

I don't know,Majora's Mask LE was and still is available long after its release when I thought it'd get snapped up super quick because of it being LE,same with Mario party 10 with the Mario Amiibo.

The extra time up on the LE was a mistake. Bestbuy and Target cancelled over half their preorders.

Wave 4 Amiibos are up for preorder! Better get in quick before you guys complain 2 months from now about not finding them in stores.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND Robin & Lucina sold out within one minute.

GG guys.

The extra time up on the LE was a mistake. Bestbuy and Target cancelled over half their preorders.Wave 4 Amiibos are up for preorder! Better get in quick before you guys complain 2 months from now about not finding them in stores.

GG guys.

The pre order is still up for me, lol. It probably depends on where you live.

The extra time up on the LE was a mistake. Bestbuy and Target cancelled over half their preorders.

Wave 4 Amiibos are up for preorder! Better get in quick before you guys complain 2 months from now about not finding them in stores.

GG guys.

I tried figuring out where they were. I looked on Gamestop, Amazon, and finally Best Buy, and I didn't even see them. By the time I saw the links I couldn't add them to my cart.

The extra time up on the LE was a mistake. Bestbuy and Target cancelled over half their preorders

Not MMN3DS XL, MM limited edition (Game, steelbook, pin, poster.)

Not MMN3DS XL, MM limited edition (Game, steelbook, pin, poster.)

You're not even from the US too lol.

For us, the MM Limited Edition had the same issue as the XL. A lot of orders were cancelled and it sold out quickly.

So, in the last week I've added both Mario and Toad from the Super Mario Collection to my... collection. Toad was given to me by a friend for helping out with odds and ends, and Mario came in the Mario Party 10 bundle. Out of the new ones shown off in the Direct, I'm not sure if I'll be getting any Super Smash ones, though I'll definitely pick up the Splatoon bundle with the Squid amiibo. Whether I get the other two with it depends on whether I like the game enough. As for Yoshi, despite the fact it's cute, I'm not sure if I'll get any use out of it.

There's always just for collection purposes, I suppose, despite not being much of one.

So instead of going up at the stated time, it went up at 4am. I missed out on Lucina and Greninja. FML. -.-

I just ordered Kinopio from amazon.  It's cheaper than Toad and comes in Japanese packaging.  I'd rather pay $5 for the foreign flavor than double (or triple!) price to a scalper who's preventing me from getting one at the usual price.  I posted a 'notify' for the Squid trilogy, but I've not yet been notified about Toad, so I won't be surprised to not be notified about the Squidlings.  Our Walmart gets things in such a hit or miss style that trying to buy locally is a pain.  They do have Sonic today, plus lots of Samus and Mario,  Peach, Pikachu.

Of course, now I have to work out the best way to get Toad - er, Kinopio - out of the box without damaging the packaging too badly!

Ugh, I know it's all me living in the middle of nowhere, and literally having no other option but online...

But really, paying 45$ per amiibo basically. ( Just adding up the 9 I bought for 400$, then splitting the cost, ) I just hate that again, I'm likely to have to do that later for this wave. And I was WAITING for that Ness, only to find out he was unavailble online. And then suddenly he was, but while I was sleeping. UGH.

But, y'know. That's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.

The Splatoon 3-Pack was up at Best Buy's website a few minutes ago and I got it. Screw it, I've had so much amiibo shit these past few days I might as well get something. It's sold out now by the way, but I think the single Inklings are still up. 

Oh and there was a guy from the amiibo subreddit at Wondercon and he saw this (Spoiler because large image outside of spoiler):

Pq5EmKb.jpg

Oh man, I went to one of the few EB Games stores open in my area today (Good Friday) and I scored pre-orders of Ness, Charizard, Pac-Man, Robin, Lucina and the Splatoon 3 Pack.

I deserve a cookie or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is pretty impressive Failinhearts.

If pre-orders weren't also subject to availability and can be cancelled whenever the supplier sees fit.

Be careful.

Ordered a Sonic amiibo; of the new wave, I'll be going for Pac-Man, and then my Amiibo quest is at an end.

...actually I'll probably grab Mario too, just for all the third parties and the main mushroom man. And with my Samus amiibo sat in the corner.