Awoo.

Sonic Boom comics *ENDING #11*.

Inkling Cooper

I still think thats stupid but hey whatever flows their boat

We kinda knew Sticks would be the only character from Boom to come to Worlds Unite. I think the reason why the others are not coming is because to avoid confusion or something. 

If they came, then we would get dialogues like this:

Boom! Amy: What was that?

SEGA! Amy: Incoming! We got more of Doctor Eggman and Wily's robots!

(swarm of robot thingabobs arrives)

SEGA! Sonic: Alright Amy, use your Hammer and attack!

Both Amys: Which one?

Plus, it would've been more of a "Sonic Dimensions" deal, but instead of Classic Sonic and so forth, we'd have  BOOM!Sonic and so forth, and Eggman would hate working with his soft-boiled counterpart.

^Yeah, at least there's some distinction between Rock and X as Mega Men for them to be in the same crossover together, you can't really assume the same with Archie-Sonic and Boom-Sonic if they're already quite similar to one another.

I'm not a fan of seeing only Sticks being the Boom representative either, but I learned to get over it and see what it'll actually entail. Who knows, her interactions with new and entirely different characters (especially when most of them will be robots) than she's used to could be promising.

As per usual, this guy here will do something review-related and tries to come off as funny but fails at it. Enough self-depreciating humor, let us see what the second part has to offer.

Another fun read as per usual and being fun is perfectly alright, right guys? Right?

Sonic trying to save himself through a text box is again showing how great Ian is using the medium in the best ways possible. As if, tripping over one isn't already funny enough and yet another example of this is how Knuckles mentions that they had an entire month to help out Sonic, but yeah some very nice and amusing jokes.

Another good Knuckles moment is when he wants to kick Eggman's butt but Sonic says he wants to win the race fair and square and then they can do such, which made all giddy. It was funny and cute. I noticed that the sound effects have a lot of "ker" in it so I guess to change things up a bit, "ker-discouraged" seems to be a thing so time to start a new trend, eh?

I liked how Sticks was completely unsurprised that Eggman was going to cheat and seeing that she was 2 thirds right about his plan, provides some nice chuckles as well. Since the comic is pretty self-aware on how silly it is, I guess adding silly sound effect names add to it like "badger noises" or "ker-win" and such, nice touches and adds a bit more sillyness to it. #ker-noises

Sonic being genuine about that he wouldn't have won the race if it wasn't for his friends was very sweet of him but only to be interrupted by good ol' Fastidious. 

And with that, yet another good arc in comic has ended before Worlds Unite begin and I'm not surprised that Sticks is the only Boom character that's going to be in it since Archie will probably do a Archie Sonic x Archie Sonic Boom crossover in the far future. But yeah, fun issue and I'm ready for Worlds Unite!

Here is the Off Panel of the latest issue (Sonic Boom #7):

sOySqg2l.jpg

Can you spot a Mickey Mouse cameo somewhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

So Dave doesn't work in a burger shack but in an actual fast food joint in the comics?

Eh, I shouldn't look too much into it.

Sonic Boom #7 ended with a lead-in to the Worlds Unite crossover:

SkKzUKsl.jpg

(click to zoom)

Some people are speculating that the silhouette is X, from the Megaman X series.

Sonic Boom #7 ended with a lead-in to the Worlds Unite crossover:

SkKzUKsl.jpg

(click to zoom)

Some people are speculating that the silhouette is X, from the Megaman X series.

I think it's Zero! But It might be that the Genesis Portals are the after-effect of the Super Genesis Wave combined with some Chaos Control.

Finally got the issue, so I thought I'd put my two rings in.

-Okay, I take back what I said earlier about Sticks being predictable. I like how Flynn averted everyone's expectations by making Eggman's kart become a mecha-spider instead of a mecha-dragon like she predicted. I guess Sticks has potential for more jokes under a good writer. (Though I still enjoy her in the show as is.)

-I love all the ker-onomonopias in the issue, especially "ker-discouraged" and "ker-WIN!"

-Amy and Knuckles finally used their Enerbeams outside of the games! I hope we see Sticks's soon, since it's unclear what color it is. (In Shattered Crystal, it was pink, like the boys'.)

-Sonic's speech about comradery was really nice. My favorite thing about Boom!Sonic is how close he is to his friends, as opposed to Sega!Sonic, who only seems to care about Tails these days. And Fastidious's unintentional put-down was a great stinger joke. 

-Speaking of stingers, it's great to see a certain Reploid sneak in an early cameo! Though I'm still pretty let down about how Sticks will be the only Boom character involved in Worlds Unite. I get it, Sega thinks kids can't comprehend there being two Sonics side-by-side or something. (Note: "get it" =/= "agree"), but ever since the Boom character designs were shown, we've all been wondering how Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, etc. would react to their new counterparts! It just doesn't seem fair to advertise Boom as one of the four main universes for this crossover when it only gets one representative, whilst Sonic, Mega Man, and Mega Man X get dozens. Even in the twelve-part variant cover collage, Sonic, Rock, and X are front and center, whilst Sticks is tucked away in a corner.

Finally got the issue, so I thought I'd put my two rings in.

-Okay, I take back what I said earlier about Sticks being predictable. I like how Flynn averted everyone's expectations by making Eggman's kart become a mecha-spider instead of a mecha-dragon like she predicted. I guess Sticks has potential for more jokes under a good writer. (Though I still enjoy her in the show as is.)

-I love all the ker-onomonopias in the issue, especially "ker-discouraged" and "ker-WIN!"

-Amy and Knuckles finally used their Enerbeams outside of the games! I hope we see Sticks's soon, since it's unclear what color it is. (In Shattered Crystal, it was pink, like the boys'.)

-Sonic's speech about comradery was really nice. My favorite thing about Boom!Sonic is how close he is to his friends, as opposed to Sega!Sonic, who only seems to care about Tails these days. And Fastidious's unintentional put-down was a great stinger joke. 

-Speaking of stingers, it's great to see a certain Reploid sneak in an early cameo! Though I'm still pretty let down about how Sticks will be the only Boom character involved in Worlds Unite. I get it, Sega thinks kids can't comprehend there being two Sonics side-by-side or something. (Note: "get it" =/= "agree"), but ever since the Boom character designs were shown, we've all been wondering how Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, etc. would react to their new counterparts! It just doesn't seem fair to advertise Boom as one of the four main universes for this crossover when it only gets one representative, whilst Sonic, Mega Man, and Mega Man X get dozens. Even in the twelve-part variant cover collage, Sonic, Rock, and X are front and center, whilst Sticks is tucked away in a corner.

They could've made it a whole lot easier, by making it last for 4 months, instead of three, and Sonic Boom would have its own separate stories without Sticks involved, so we'd see what Boom!Sonic and the gang are up to in Sticks's Absence. I mean, there ARE episodes where Sticks isn't even involved, or anything! Maybe even moments where Boom!Sonic would just outright ask "I wonder where Sticks is. She's missing the action!" Sonic Boom would be isolated from the rest of the crossover, and it wouldn't sell, due to it being not part of the crossover. And if Sonic Boom ends as a result, then Sticks will be forced into the mainstream continuity, as a new permanent resident of the Sonic Universe, while her universe is GONE!

Of course, for Sticks to be integrated into the main universe, Sonic Boom would have to be ended, in all media forms.

Just looked through the Archie topic for sales figures across the board for the direct market.

Sonic Boom #7 sold 5,973 copies, down from SB#6's 6,261.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just looked through the Archie topic for sales figures across the board for the direct market.

Sonic Boom #7 sold 5,973 copies, down from SB#6's 6,261.

That's not really a fair comparison, issue 7 has only been out for 3 weeks, the figures for issue 6 and the other Archie Action comics include a larger period of time.

Looks like the sales ain't so good. Maybe they'll increase when Worlds Unite starts.

That's not really a fair comparison, issue 7 has only been out for 3 weeks, the figures for issue 6 and the other Archie Action comics include a larger period of time.

To be honest though, I doubt the figure would change that much if you had another week thrown in there. Most sales are done in the first week, by the time you've done three the number of further sales may be tens worth, not hundreds.

And there's very little doubt that Worlds Unite will push the sales up, dunno if the dropoff after will be quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. The Boom comic is finished. Apparently they aren't going to give it a chance to pick up sales after Worlds Unite. Issue 11 will be Boom's final issue. Not even finishing a full year run.

SONIC BOOM #11

Written by Sam Sandak Freilberger, art by Rick Bryant, Diana Skelly, covers by Diana Skelly, SEGA.

Follow up after the "Worlds Unite" crossover with a BOOM in this explosive final issue! "Eggman Gets a Gorilla": When Dr. Eggman's regular robotic enforcers just can't cut the mustard, he hires some additional help! (Because, seriously, how hard is it to cut mustard?) Introducing the mighty, Kyle the Gorilla! Is he really the next Ape wonder of the world? Or will Sonic get yet another reason to point and laugh? You'll be pointing and laughing too with the concluding issue of Sonic Boom!

32 pages, $3.99.

Aw, nooo. The Boom comic was really fun to read though. :( I can't believe they didn't even bother going for 12 issues. What about us who paid for a subscription? What will become of that final issue? Will we get a small refund or be able to push it into another series? 

Also does that mean this series will be worth more in the future? Given how little they sold and how short it was? Probably not but I can hope so.. Still sad how little it sold. And Archie was really trying to push the sales. :/ Gotta give them credit for at least trying to push the Boom brand, unlike SEGA.

Kind of sad to hear, though at the same time, I'm not really surprised. Knew it's sales weren't up to snuff since the first issue and didn't think it'd ever get past the X comic's issue count.

Though it had a (mostly) good run. The fourth wall jokes were very hit and miss, and the characters were kind of more flimsily-handled than the both games and show, but it was okay for what it served.

You now what? At least they could have gone for a 12-issue ran, but I guess that, if you count the graphic novels format, you'll have 2 volumes with 4 stories each, since they'll skip Worlds Unite.

Wonder what that means for the rest of the franchise, though.

Wow it didn't even last a whole year. Glad I didn't buy any of the issues, but it's still sad it was so short lived especially for those who were a fan of the comic.

And to think that Sonic Boom was supposed to be this big franchise. The tv show is the only successful thing about it (maybe the toys too?).

EDIT: Oh, so it's still going? Mmokay then. XD

Edited by Gabz Girl