Awoo.

Sonic Boom comics *ENDING #11*.

Inkling Cooper

Great. Looks like someone on Bumbleking has been pulling a fucking prank. 

That solict was released first wasn't it? Maybe Archie panicked when they found out details were released about it being the final issue and quickly edited it for the new solict. The new one looks really lazy. Like, why would you advertise the fact that it's only the 11th issue? It's not that special an issue. 

Wait what so it's just been re edited now? O_o Guess we won't find out if the 11th issue truly is the last one until it's released then!

I've asked Ian Flynn about it on Twitter. Don't have an answer yet.

Dude, I very much doubt he's going to answer. He probably can't

Cross posting this from BumbleKing:

The solicit from Comics Continuum, dated from May 20th, states that it is the final issue:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1505/20/archieaugust.htm

However the solicits from ComicBook.com , from May 19th, says nothing about being the final issue or not:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/19/exclusive-archie-comics-action-solicitations-for-august-2015/

The former is more recent, but it also might be that signals got crossed somewhere and the comic isn't ending.

So it looks like there's a great mystery in out mitts. Hmm. I sure hope it was just an early mistake though. Maybe they originally planned to end it but extended it another issue? Or another year? Only time shall tell. I seriously hope we get a few more issues though. Since the crossover ate up 4 issues it will feel a lot shorter than it already is.

So it looks like there's a great mystery in out mitts. Hmm. I sure hope it was just an early mistake though. Maybe they originally planned to end it but extended it another issue? Or another year? Only time shall tell. I seriously hope we get a few more issues though. Since the crossover ate up 4 issues it will feel a lot shorter than it already is.

You're not kidding. If it isn't extended, there will only be a total of 7 stories, with 1 double parter.

Cross posting this from BumbleKing:

The solicit from Comics Continuum, dated from May 20th, states that it is the final issue:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1505/20/archieaugust.htm

However the solicits from ComicBook.com , from May 19th, says nothing about being the final issue or not:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/19/exclusive-archie-comics-action-solicitations-for-august-2015/

The former is more recent, but it also might be that signals got crossed somewhere and the comic isn't ending.

Unfortunately, that doesn't take into account when the sites themselves may have received the solicits. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't take into account when the sites themselves may have received the solicits.

I see.

Wait, so we don't know if it's ending or not...

Nope. TSSZ is currently working to get confirmation.

Wow.

Just wow.

I'm honestly a little pissed. They knew it was going to be a big finale issue. The least they could have done is make a better story than Eggman hires a gorilla. 

Still, it's sad to see the book axed off so soon. They could have in the very least let it make 2 or 3 more issues to see if Worlds Unite pushes up sales.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly a little pissed. They knew it was going to be a big finale issue. The least they could have done is make a better story than Eggman hires a gorilla.

That is the point, they probably didn't know. The solicits are sent far in advance, and most likely it was decided that it would be the final issue late in the production.

For archival purposes, here are the confirming tweets:

ipCm75W.png

(source #1 and source #2)

I wonder what we can attribute to the sudden cancellation? I don't think it was lack of interest. Just combing through Comicchron, the figures were pretty stable, on par with Mega Man from what I could tell. Strange.

Can't say I'm broken up it, and that's going to save me an extra $4/month, but the comic had a really short lifespan. Not sure how I feel about future Boom stories taking up page space in the on-going books, but I guess we'll have to see how they work it out. I doubt it'll be a regular feature.

I wonder what we can attribute to the sudden cancellation? I don't think it was lack of interest. Just combing through Comicchron, the figures were pretty stable, on par with Mega Man from what I could tell. Strange.

Can't say I'm broken up it, and that's going to save me an extra $4/month, but the comic had a really short lifespan. Not sure how I feel about future Boom stories taking up page space in the on-going books, but I guess we'll have to see how they work it out. I doubt it'll be a regular feature.

They could always become a few random Universe arcs

This sucks. I was planning to solicit some stories in a bid to audition for writing the comic. comedy writing is my strong point and I had some great story ideas. Maybe I should just go ahead and write some sonic Boom fan comics anyway.

Wow, thats soo sad. Archie never even let Boom give itself a chance before cutting it entirely, I would've figured that at least 25 issues would've been the cancel point. but fucking hell this sucks.

Let us know what Ian has to say about this, I'm sure he can talk about it alittle more and shed some light on it.

Wow, i had a feeling it wouldn't last as long as the Sonic X comics, but jeez, only 11 issues?

Well, that's too bad. I guess the comic didn't do as well as Archie hoped. What a shame.