Awoo.

General Furry Fandom Thread

Red

Sooo my fursuit got shipped to the wrong person! And that person's suit almost got shipped to me! Thankfully Snap was able to stop it before it got put on the plane! The receiver is overnighting my suit back to Snap and then I can expect my suit to be sent Monday for a Friday delivery! Cutting it veeeeery close to my deadline!

But Snap's customer service has been outstanding during the process. Just hope nothing else happens!

Awh man, I would be biting my nails on that shipment at this point, haha. I hope it gets to you on time. :D

For others looking for suits of their own:

wipSierraVs.png

ComissionAdvert1.png

I... I could draw that for you. I'm... I'm open for commissions... Anyone?

I still totally want a new avatar / icon from you. Hell I'd take a reference sheet too if you were willing and able.

I still totally want a new avatar / icon from you. Hell I'd take a reference sheet too if you were willing and able.

I'm actually doing some Photoshop work now in gearing up for being able to crank out reference sheets for fursonas, particularly if you wanted to get a fursuit from me or any other maker. And thanks for reminding me about your avatar! I'll PM you details about it. x3

• Thumbs Up 1

Been meaning to post in this topic for quite a while, but refused to do so until I made a decent pic of my fursona. Which I have finally accomplished!

nah_by_antelabbit-d8qc53t.png

This is Summer, and she's a palomino rabbit. I'd love to have a partial fursuit of her someday(I have the exact shirt and shorts myself), but I don't think I have the skills or the money. :P

Look what came today! :D

PAawUXe.jpg

I didn't have my tail or pants chain on for the photo, I was mainly checking to see if everything fit. :) Thankfully the suit, shorts and belt all fit perfectly! :D And yes that is my dog who decided to photobomb me. lol

• Thumbs Up 6

Yay, it shipped properly! He looks dorbs. 8D

Speaking of fursuits, anyone watch Da Box? It's a Youtube Channel run by Ace of Hearts Fox, his girlfriend Sailor Olive, and their brony friend Ponyquest, where most of the shorts tend to involve Pony having to deal with the ridiculous fallout of interacting with dumb animals. Probably their most popular sets of videos are the Five Nights at Furry's ones, the sequel of which just came out today. It's cute and amusing stuff. x3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sCNofeXv9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJaCA0tHDk

Aww, those eyes are adorbs, Lhan!

And that raccoon's eyes look like they belong on a FNAF animatronic D:

Following on from the status updates...

Is it bad that I pretty much assume that every male furry is gay until I find out otherwise? 

It’s like, just seeing someone with a furry avatar/ display/ profile pic will automatically/ subconsciously make me assume they’re gay. 

I know there have apparently been studies that have shown there is actually a straight majority, but it certainly doesn't feel like it...

I'm surprised when I find out a furry is heterosexual, so it's not just you.

I had pondered if maybe there was selection bias and being gay I only run into other furs that are gay most of the time.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Sexual_orientation

While the amount of heterosexual furs consistently outpaces the amount of homosexual furs, bisexual furs make up a huge amount of respondents. Even if heterosexual furs are a majority, it's usually very slim.

I think the nature of the furry community embraces all sorts of alternative ideas on sexuality, which in turn leads people to not think as much in terms of male or female. Someone might lean one way or the other, but they're more open to intimacy with both sexes than the general population.

As a different example but showing the same idea, I've seen a considerable amount of people who have open relationships or are in general far less inhibited about sex.

My question is if being furry in and of itself somehow leads to these alternative thinking patterns, or if this is the root nature of these people, and the community afforded by the furry fandom allows expression of these sorts of ideas and feelings when they'd be taboo in normal society. It's the same principle as the GIFT - the internet allows you to bring out your true colors due to greatly diminished chance of social ostracism.

Have a sneak peek of some photos from FurDu! Should hopefully have an Imgur album done by Friday or Saturday! :)

11198566_1424203847897547_1766695940_n.j

11216347_1424206861230579_1757615909_n.j

11216140_1424208127897119_1202490158_n.j

• Thumbs Up 1

On the subject of people's orientation within the fandom and how nonchalant we are about it: there's probably no consistent cause and effect relationship between the two. I was personally educated on different orientations and how harmless they are well before I jumped into the fandom, so joining didn't give me any new knowledge. Some people perhaps open their eyes as a result of increased exposure to people of all manner of orientations and learn to adapt and be accepting. Then there's actually a contingent of furs who are as intolerant as your typical conservative Southern grandpa. The broad and subjective nature of Furry, and the unwritten rule of ignoring personal human identities in favor of embracing fandom-oriented activities and relationships anyway (no one really cares that I'm a black straight woman; when I'm in suit I'm just another talking doggy, or if I'm doing art, I'm an awesome artist, etc.), means that people's views on orientations in relation to the fandom are going to vary wildly.

Speaking of suits and ignoring social bullshit, look at what I made tonight!

nepenthe-indian-giant-squirrel-wip-colla

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised when I find out a furry is heterosexual, so it's not just you.

I had pondered if maybe there was selection bias and being gay I only run into other furs that are gay most of the time.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Sexual_orientation

While the amount of heterosexual furs consistently outpaces the amount of homosexual furs, bisexual furs make up a huge amount of respondents. Even if heterosexual furs are a majority, it's usually very slim.

I think the nature of the furry community embraces all sorts of alternative ideas on sexuality, which in turn leads people to not think as much in terms of male or female. Someone might lean one way or the other, but they're more open to intimacy with both sexes than the general population.

As a different example but showing the same idea, I've seen a considerable amount of people who have open relationships or are in general far less inhibited about sex.

My question is if being furry in and of itself somehow leads to these alternative thinking patterns, or if this is the root nature of these people, and the community afforded by the furry fandom allows expression of these sorts of ideas and feelings when they'd be taboo in normal society. It's the same principle as the GIFT - the internet allows you to bring out your true colors due to greatly diminished chance of social ostracism.

Honestly, this is a question I've always wanted answered. I'm not entirely sure why so many identify as LGBT. I don't want to make statements that generalize the whole, but there might be some truth behind that idea. The furry community might foster unconventional perspectives about sex or the functionality of romantic relationships. I, too, have seen an unorthodox approach to such issues. Personally, I don't adhere to many of those viewpoints. Frankly, I'm fairly conservative in this regard, but I can only speak for myself. I would argue that the furry community might attract those with such an inclination concerning sex and romance. But I'm not fond of painting with broad brush strokes as if being a furry means that one invariably supports such outlooks. 

Oh boy, this is like the thread in a nutshell, right?

• Thumbs Up 6

I never actually posted about this, but I'm planning to start a hobby webcomic featuring my anthro characters, Toilynn Trubeau's Halfway Home for Misfit Monsters (TTHHMM). I plan to have quite a few cameos of various folk from within the fandom who want in. The comic is equal-parts comedy and drama, with overarching plot(s) and one-shot episodes too. Contains unsafe levels of magic, monstrosities, and mischief!

I drew a few sketches of the titular character, Toilynn:
OKDSH9B.png

There are a few other main characters to design- notably Toilynn's warlock husband (who's going through some name changes) and their new apprentice, Cheau. Despite its name, the comic actually follows Cheau rather than Toilynn :).

• Thumbs Up 2

So I got this done. I'm kind of in love with it. 1431488644.dreamcastfox_fantasy_commissi

Hey Kid, what are you using to post your images? I can never see them.

He's using FurAffinity URLs. Unfortunately FA doesn't allow hotlinking, so any attempts to link directly to the image are going to be borked. It'll need to be uploaded elsewhere if you want to use the image tags, the Kid. :(

Huh. That's really weird. I didn't know that.

This? 

17843919981_393f155391_z.jpg

Previous one too if you missed it.

17220918094_1b37f1b2b5_z.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Now it's working!

They look really nice. :)

I hope to one day be able to commission a really good, detailed image of my fursona... but alas, that would require I not penny pinch.