Awoo.

General Furry Fandom Thread

Red

I am not sure if this counts, but if I were not so broke, would anyone be able to make a furry costume for my niece?

Edited by Lime/Parvati-Pai/Key

This topic should not have needed to be derailed this much, However, allow me to try and clarify a few things.

The rules, or guidelines as we often call them these days, may be a bit vague in detail, so I will go ahead and clarify that a bit. On the SSMB, we enforce basic grammar in forum posts. Where do we draw the line? One concern which has been pointed out up through time is the fact that not all of us even use the English language outside of the boards, thus we do not expect everyone to be an expert. We are more strict when it comes to internationalized grammar (starting your sentences with a capital letter, ending yours entences with a punctuation mark or something similar). Capitalizing your I's when referring to oneself is also nice, but we will naturally be understanding as long as an effort at least is made to contribute to somewhat of a reading pleasure experience. The was/were issue might even be a mild dialect thing, who knows, but this is not a discussion to bring up in this topic (a language topic would be an interesting idea, however!)

The problem here, from my impression on the matter, is not whether or not the user tried to be helpful, but rather being at the wrong place at the wrong time, something which is not an uncommon occurrence on these boards. I like to think that most things are done in good faith, but right there and then, a moderator dealing with a case in a topic sees confrontation and derailment of the topic, and quite frankly, if you are able to put yourself in Kiah's shoes, it really does come off as disrespect and spam, does it not? It can even come off as retaliating together with the member the moderator was addressing. Not something to bring up in a discussion topic. Intentions may be good, but we have to act in the now of things, and spam/derailment is going to make it easier for subsequent post to go off-track and potentially cause further drama, as well. We prefer to keep discussion going in the right direction, on-topic, and one-worded posts aimed toward a moderator action is not going to aid in doing that. We hope you understand.

Idunno, my main problem that Red Cap being ban for 2 days is pretty harsh for just correcting someone. Like, I think that his post is uncalled for but I don't think it's really fair being unable to post for couple of days for one slightly disrespectful post.

I am not sure if this counts, but if I were not so broke, would anyone be able to make a furry costume for my niece?

If she's young then I'm afraid no one makes fursuits for children. Because they're still growing, they can easily grow out of it and it's not worth spending all that money for something they couldn't wear the next year. Try a kigu, I think they make those in childrens sizes. And they're generally cheaper. Fursuits cost upwards of $2,000.

Idunno, my main problem that Red Cap being ban for 2 days is pretty harsh for just correcting someone. Like, I think that his post is uncalled for but I don't think it's really fair being unable to post for couple of days for one slightly disrespectful post.

I understand your concerns, but this thread really isn't the place to voice them.

If you have issues with excessive moderator action in general, that's what the Feedback subforum is for. If you have issues with a specific moderator action, that's what private messaging and appeals to admins are for. This all keeps questions and concerns in appropriate areas.

With all that said, I am asking everyone posting here to get back on topic to avoid further derailment.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm actually going to be making one for my 8y/o nephew for Halloween. It's not going to be a full-body suit; I plan to make it a 3/4s (head, arms/hands, legs, and feet covered) so he can wear a cool t-shirt as well. If he wants to wear it again next year, I'll just extend the legs and arms. The big thing to watch out for is making sure kids stay safe while wearing them, as they are hot costumes to wear. 10 minute, head-off, water break every 30 minutes of suit time is the standard for adults ^_^.

If your niece is young and still growing, I'd recommend a partial suit (head, arms/hands, and feet covered), that way they could get the most mileage out of it before she outgrows it, and they're much cheaper. Plus, they're cooler to wear and you can change up their outfits :).

I'd totes be up for working on another suit, as would Nepenthe (I think). We're both trying to pad out our portfolios, so we don't charge much, especially for partials, and outside of materials cost (at least) I do payment plans :'D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some commissioned art back over the past few days of my characters. I just wanted to take the time to share what I received! There's more information about each scene by clicking on the links provided below. 

[NOTE: I'm just going to link everything to my fA profile because I'm having some difficulties with posting the images themselves]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shadow Man and the Bad Thing"

The reformed, amnesiac demon, Trace Rahzel, the ermine, encounters his old partner and protege, the ferret, Orrin Spence

shadow_man_and_the_bad_thing_by_nazcapil

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17807515/

This was done by my good friend Dimzjak. I was very happy with how this sketch turned out in the end, and feel like it's my duty to let people know what this guy can do on such short notice. He doesn't have an fA page, but you can reach him via e-mail if you're interested in a commission:

dimzjak@gmail.com 

"A Boy and His Demon"

Tyson Bishop, the raccoon, and his "guardian demon", the ermine, Trace Rahzel, find themselves within the center of an active crop circle within the outskirts of Boone, Iowa. 

New-Naz.jpg

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17877443/

This commission was drawn by aerokat. She's one of my favorite furry artists, and I was absolutely thrilled with this piece. I feel like she did such a phenomenal job here, and I can't be any more grateful for all here time and effort.

You can see more of her art by visiting her fA page:

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/aerokat

She's also got her own Patreon account:

https://www.patreon.com/poecatcomix?ty=c

Edited by Killtank

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because I'm finally working on a commissioned fursuit and I'm proud of the little I've done so far as fabrication and small details are concerned:

20151108_154414_zpsgazjpjos.jpg

Unlike most noses on fursuits, I want to offer the option of having them fully functional under the idea that it will improve air flow and performance. The nostrils are hollow as demonstrated, but there's also a chamber on the inside of the mouth leading to the nostrils. Thus, they're connected similar to how a real mouth and nose actually are. Lots of holes should equal less overheating. <3 The only thing I need to take into account in the future is making these holes larger than expected to compensate for the decrease in diameter caused when you actually start lining everything with fabric, but otherwise I think I pulled it off. The tongue above is exchangeable via velcro, so the commissioner can have a normal small tongue detailing the inside of the mouth or have a long, weighted one that flops about. Options, options, options. 

Also, I stress tested that nose by flinging the head about. Shit's not coming off easily. <3

tl:dr: Commission me for a suit, someone.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly don't have as much time to visit this place as I used to, what with work and school and other stuff going on, but I told myself months ago I'd post my fursuit when I got it, so here it is.

CVrE9X6VAAIUiY0.jpg

MFF was a blast, could not stop suiting. Now I need to pick myself up from this PCD that's hitting me horribly. XD

Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice suit! Did a big maker create that one?

Also, apologies for not being able to go this year...again. Planning was a complete clusterfuck. 8D

• 4 weeks later...

I finally finished my suit commission!

1451500722.blizshadowfursuits_2015_12_29

I'm pretty proud of this fellow. No luxury shag furs on him, vinyl pawpads and my first claws, the paws themselves are hemmed, plastic eyes, the whole shebang. I knocked this shit out of the park. Also, bad dancing for your (dis)pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EobMpggqCKI&feature=youtu.be

I've also set up an actual fursuit maker page for myself. Check it out here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blizshadowfursuits/

• Thumbs Up 5

(I should really post in this topic more often. xP)

Being the bunny-obsessed person that I am, I just wanted to share this fursuit head that I want really badly.

tumblr_nvettakX2O1sndv91o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvettakX2O1sndv91o2_1280.jpg

...........I have a huge soft spot for well-made, realistic rabbit stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

StuffedPandaStudios is godlike when it comes to realistic suits. Dare I say she's may favorite when it comes to the style. Her jackalopes are more my style simply because I like the contrast between the white and darker browns better:

1440592363.stuffedpandastudios_jasperhea

1417144898.stuffedpandastudios_barnpic.j

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Time for a bump! So I had my birthday celebrations over the weekend since it was the only time family was available. I wasn't sure where else to put these so I figured this topic was a good place. I got a Lhancake! It's everything I ever hoped for and so much more. Really glad the place I chose did the cake justice!

Gkqhbwj.jpg

And of course, I had to get some fursuit photos done as well!

SXA7W7J.jpg

NgIllHe.jpg

And including these here too since it's furry related.

@VioletX Surprised me with this!
vZP9Siq.jpg

A surprise chibi by Sabertooth Raccoon! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sabertooth-raccoon/ 
It's the most adorable thing ever and I love it to pieces.

And lastly, a friend on Skype gave me this! A mock up of Lhancat in a Carnival-like level.

oXAR73J.png

Edited by Lhancat
DONE. Fucking finally.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Big revive but I have a question for the furries here. How do you deal with cliques? How do you have a good time at a con, without any of your friends around? I ask because at first I was pretty hyped for a convention called "Furry Down Under" here. But then I realized the vast majority of my friends and people I know will just be attending private room parties and being invited to other stuff like theme park trips and limo rides. It's gotten me down a lot. I used to be so excited, but then for the past two years I've been there I've just spent the majority of that time in my hotel room on my computer because I didn't have anyone to hang around with. It's likely to be the same this year as well.

I just don't know what to do. I want to be able to have a good time. I really do. But it's really hard knowing everyone around you is getting invited to all this fun stuff. It feels like everyone is going to be out having a good time except me. :( 

I've never been to a furry con without at least one other person accompanying me, and that's simply for safety's sake. I'm one of the smallest people to attend these things and don't feel like getting snatched. Generally though, I have some leeway to wander off and do my own thing for a minute, and when I do I'm either acting in fursuit or talking to and shooting the shit with people I recognize online (which is probably the easiest way to get some company outside of a preexisting clique. Managed to make two new friends at this year's FWA just walking up and introducing myself or asking for pictures, and in general I just interacted and socialized with people). You could always go to the game rooms, do some work in the Artist Alley if that's your thing, or base your schedule around the panels. While I know I'm going to be fursuiting most of the time, I tend to mark when the panels and events I'm interested in are happening so I can do something in between being a derp if I ever get tired or want to mix things up. Also, dances. Raves are fun. Even if you think you can't dance, just go and do a simple two-step. You'll get into it. x3

Yeah cons are really weird in that you kind of need to know someone while you are there to get the most out of it. I mean, it isn't impossible to enjoy yourself without a huge social circle there, but unlike other cons like Comic-Con where people primarily attend for the panels, furry cons have this sort of "I haven't seen you for a year, I missed  you!" aspect. At least in my experience.

But then again there are tons of parties at cons, along with dance comps and game rooms. Best advice I could give is to just talk to people. It's a lot of fun meeting people and then having someone new to talk with online after the fact. Oh, actually, go to http://www.furry-telegram-groups.net/ and find the chat for people going to that con. These con chats have tons of people who need something to do, want to go to open-invite parties, etc. Heck, there are probably some fun chats there to just talk to people. I maaaaay have like 10 going on at once at any given time. ^^;