Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

... Source? Because Scottgames is still showing the Freddy hat.

And that just looks shopped, anyway. Seriously, it just looks a crappy photoshop job.

Who made that? It's a modification of this:

DfGyb4U.png

Maybe best sticking to the reddit if you want to find the truth, even if there are kids in it. The mods are often quick to remove fake things.

It's a crappy photoshop and that's that. The text is misaligned, there's a random bar floating around, there's no light source other than someone applying a photoshop brush over it...

And the best part is he hasn't tried to formally license anything. By which I mean, it doesn't sound like he really asked for royalties or anything, just a polite request you ask him first.

I don't know many who could avoid giving in to that sort of profitability. I sure as hell couldn't.

Honestly, I wish he would license stuff. I don't really see anything great about him not doing so, the demand's clearly there, it's not like he's trying to force it or anything.

I still want a Bonnie plush dammit! 

And the fake screenshots rise again, I remember when they were tons of fake FNAF3 screenshots. People really wanted that theme park theme.

Oh, well darn.

I guess it makes sense though; Scott's post indicated the next one would be at Fredbear's, way before Springtrap was relevant.

While I'm here... look what the artist who did the images for MandoPony's fan song trilogy did:

tumblr_nfrz0sBLEJ1r5hig4o1_1280.png

Honestly, I wish he would license stuff. I don't really see anything great about him not doing so, the demand's clearly there, it's not like he's trying to force it or anything.

I still want a Bonnie plush dammit!

If business continues to look up for me... you might just get your wish.

• Thumbs Up 7

That charity donation is awesome yet unsurprising. I heard Scott gets something ridiculous like $40,000 a month or so from the entire franchise. So he's basically rolling. Granted, I can't complain because I just bought the third game twice. xP

I also feel like he's refusing to license stuff in order to allow the fan art community to flourish. The moment you start applying IP rights and all of that, you have to cripple the freedom of fan artists to trade and sell to a consistent extent, otherwise you undermine the viability of the IP which is problematic if you come across an incident that would actually require legal action. And again, his monthly income. Considering he's already blamed as being a greedy bastard for releasing three games too quickly for some people's taste, he'd never live down real merchandise on top of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering he's already blamed as being a greedy bastard for releasing three games too quickly for some people's taste, he'd never live down real merchandise on top of that.

THIS. I don't understand how busting your back to make several games in a short amount of time in order to please a fanbase qualifies as being a greedy bastard. Seriously even if people don't like the series it gives them no right to demonize a man who works so hard. Scott is a really nice person and I hate it when people attack him like this.

• Thumbs Up 6

So regarding Springtrap's appearance:

I have actually been thinking about the whole thing with Purple Guy getting trapped inside the suit. From what I can tell by the death screens, it looks to me like the animatronic endoskeleton has sort of merged with the decayed corpse, as I can see small beams inside what appears to be Purple Guy's mouth. However, it is said in one of the phone calls that the spring looks system compresses the animatronic components on to the inside of the suit, meaning that if it failed, it would possibly encase (or rather crush) the wearer. What I'm trying to ask is, did he get crushed and go splat (with his remains merging with the endoskeleton over time) or are his remains inside the endoskeleton?

• Thumbs Up 2

It's implied the suits crush the wearer, with Purple Guy's bleeding and frantic reaction and Phone Guy claiming the cause of death after the locks come loose is from bleeding out.

So yeah, he was crushed.

It's also very possible that part of this process does involve beams going through the person's body. It is, after all, a suit made to general human specifications, and considering how big Purple Guy's skull is in relation to Springtrap's, I would wager there isn't a whole lot of room in there to begin with for stuff to go without inevitably piercing a person's body. So it's probably a combination of both.

Granted, one must wonder why in the world they would build suits with that level of touchiness inside. Did no one do any testing, or was one just manufactured in a shitty way?

On to FNaF 3, I've played it quite a bit- mainly on mobile- but still can't get a bead on it. It's genuine fun looking for Springtrap and heading him off, because without any real predictable paths, he's a real strategic challenge that mines the most use out of the cameras in the entire series.

But goddammit, the fucking Phantoms.

If you thought Nights 5 and 6 on FNaF2 had egregiously short margins of error with the helmet usage, you haven't tried to avoid a Phantom in the camera yet. They leech off of your concentration because Spring will not usually be in plain view, so you're going to stare for a few seconds at each camera looking for some indication of him before moving on. But you need to be even faster to switch cameras when you notice a sign that a Phantom is about to appear. And by the time you've realized "Oh shit, Chica's face is in the monitor, so I need to switch out before I summon her," the camera's being pulled down and there she is ruining the power supply to your ventilation.

This is probably why LPers are getting wrecked by these guys. They're not shit at the game; it's just the margin for error is small, and made even smaller by the fact that their random appearances make it nearly impossible to prepare for them and switch out at the ready. Chica, BB, and the Puppet can burn in hell for all I care. I'd honestly rather the randomness of Foxy just appearing in your office for no damned reason.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's also very possible that part of this process does involve beams going through the person's body. It is, after all, a suit made to general human specifications, and considering how big Purple Guy's skull is in relation to Springtrap's, I would wager there isn't a whole lot of room in there to begin with for stuff to go without inevitably piercing a person's body. So it's probably a combination of both.

Granted, one must wonder why in the world they would build suits with that level of touchiness inside. Did no one do any testing, or was one just manufactured in a shitty way?

Well, it opened in like the 70s or before, right?

Terrible product safety standards and non-existent health and safety.  There was probably stuff in real life almost as dangerous as this - very likely still is, in parts of the world.

• Thumbs Up 3

You just kind of have to maintain a suspension of disbelief. The animatronics supposedly walk around freely during the day and have facial recognition in 1989. These are super advanced robots and... they're performers at a kids restaurant and one of them is a "build a robot" attraction for destructive toddlers too. This all ignoring the fact that real-life animatronics are attached to the stage by means of their power source and structure, with no articulation below the hip because they're so weak.

Just ignore all that, and the story becomes fun if not still incredibly cliché and cheesy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the community creations I've seen (especially with SFM) are pretty impressive. This one especially, not due to it's animation though:

If only. :(

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of community creations, I've recently started listening to people try and voice act the characters. One man in particular has done them for a lot of the FNAF characters, and they're all bloody amazing! Just listen to his voice for the Purple Guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=N6obc8bvx6M

Now I don't know if you've ever listened to those interviews with disturbed serial killers before, but I have and this is spot on. The way he draws out certain words, the tone, the glee in his voice when he recalls the simpler days, the nervous laughter when he tries to reassure himself that the Marionette isn't possessed by the first child he killed, it's all perfect. David Near is a fabulous voice actor and he needs more love. Here's his channel now shower him in adoration and watch his other voices because he's just that good. Do it. Please, think of the children.

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of community creations, I've recently started listening to people try and voice act the characters. One man in particular has done them for a lot of the FNAF characters, and they're all bloody amazing! Just listen to his voice for the Purple Guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=N6obc8bvx6M

Now I don't know if you've ever listened to those interviews with disturbed serial killers before, but I have and this is spot on. The way he draws out certain words, the tone, the glee in his voice when he recalls the simpler days, the nervous laughter when he tries to reassure himself that the Marionette isn't possessed by the first child he killed, it's all perfect. David Near is a fabulous voice actor and he needs more love. Here's his channel now shower him in adoration and watch his other voices because he's just that good. Do it. Please, think of the children.

How about his demonic version of that same voice, aka Springtrap?

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember that back before the wipeout I posted an SFM video of a Jojo's "oraora" parody featuring Golden and Foxy. Well, the author now brings you an SFM version of "Za warudo" featuring Springtrap

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I alone in thinking this reaction never gets old? :P

It just seems every FNAF newbie's rite of passage is being caught off guard by Foxy for the first time.

I think it was a really nice touch in retrospect for Scott to put in the effort to actually animate Foxy... probably with that same "SURPRISE!" trolling in mind.

• Thumbs Up 3

I finally beat Night 3 on this thing, and I dedicate that to basically Phantom Chica not showing up. (Mangle did though, but she reminds me of the Birthday Skeleton and thus she's slightly more welcome. Slightly.)

I got pretty tense at the end. Springy moves really fast when all of your stuff is going offline and it's particularly difficult to spot him in the cameras closest to your office. He wasn't in the vents either, but I wasn't particularly worried. I have a habit of sealing off the closest ones so he can't sneak in on the right. At the end, it turned 5AM, and I literally just sat at the door waiting it out after shrugging him off, alarms blaring around me. Either today was going to be my day or it wasn't.

I also have a working theory that Phantoms only show up in their rooms when Spring isn't located in them. I kept him around room 7 a lot and Chica's ugly mug never popped up. So logically, if you know where to look and realize he's not there, you can keep moving forward. I think that's what Scott wants you to do; learn the signs of Spring's existence to the point that navigating the cameras and thus avoiding the Phantoms is intuitive and effortless. I'm going to try that.

Now onto Night 4!

=D..........

I've asked this two other places and not gotten an answer, so I'll try here.

Remember back in the first game, where the fifth night phone call was a garbled mess that you could decode to get a paragraph of a book from the forties? Anyone have any idea what was up with that? Was that from the kids? How'd they do that (did they have a copy of an audio book? Is that one of the animatronics' voices? Is recording jumbled books you don't have some weird ghost power)? Why (doesn't really seem to do anything towards their goal of killing you. It'd pretty much be impossible for you to de-scramble it in-universe anyway)? Would kids even know this book exists (a lot of big words in that excerpt)? 

Could've been the Phone Guy talking since why would kids know how to leave a message on a phone and why would they even concern themselves with doing this. The paragraph in particular is a very famous one that I can imagine Phone Guy was taught or told to read during his days in school. He could've been instinctively trying to talk over it after dying but slowly reverted into one of the machines, becoming no better than these tortured kids who are all now acting out against their will.

I don't think that was something Scott ever intended to reconcile with canon. The atmosphere of the first game was pretty tongue-in-cheek before the fanbase exploded and began suggesting the idea that Scott should make a more serious storyline, and I imagine the garbled dialogue was used simply because the demonic speak is mostly a joke. The animatronics are angry you've survived this long and are warning you that they're upping the ante. That's all I imagine it to be.

• Thumbs Up 5