Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Funtime Foxy's finally speaking!

Spoiler

https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/292004

This is a character that will be featured in the upcoming Five Nights at Freddy's game. Funtime Foxy is a robotic stage performer with a larger-than-life personality. Everything spoken should be melodic and with a strong voice, almost like a ringmaster for a circus. Experimenting with digitized filters is encouraged!

And one of the two extra characters only Dee Dee can summon has joined the battle!

Spoiler

Qw6PqHA.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the demo is out (IT'S ANOTHER TROLL GAME)

Hey guys, the demo is OUT!

I realized that even with the 1,000 point limit, that would still allow you to play 50/2 mode, which is undefeated as of now.

The demo has been stripped of voice acting and other extra content so that the demo can be a lean file size. However, I would still request that people who download this game not try to datamine or decompile it. I understand that's a big ask considering that this is the internet, but all it does it ruin potential surprises for when the full release comes out next week.

Please report here with any bugs, glitches, or problems that any of you may encounter!

Also, some characters got changed and new features are added!

Spoiler

Character mechanics:

I’ve been tweaking the character mechanics a little. I haven’t made any of them easier. In fact, all of my changes have been to buff-up characters who were too easy to avoid.

Jack-O-Chica: When the office is over 100 degrees, the office doors now have no effect on her. I changed this because I found myself letting the office stay at a roasty 120 degrees with minimal consequences.

Baby, Nightmare Bonnie, and Nightmare Mangle: These characters can now all break down the doors, meaning that buying their plush toys is the only way to prevent their attacks. I changed this because I found myself simply closing the door and saving my coins.

Phantom Freddy: Now when he jumpscares you, enemies in the vent can use that as an opportunity to get into your office and attack. Phantom Freddy now also appears faster when the office is hot.

New features:

Now after getting a Game Over there is a chance that you will receive a consolation prize in the form of a power-up. These power-ups can be activated before a night starts to give you a minor advantage, and I do mean minor, as I didn’t want them to significantly impact gameplay. There are four items:

Frigid: This item starts the office at a cool 50 degrees rather than the normal 60. This can give a little more wiggle room at the start of the night and keeps heat-activated animatronics at bay for a little longer.

3-Coins: This item does exactly what it says and lets you start the night with 3 Faz-Coins, giving you a slight head start in your coin collection.

Battery: Lets you start the night with 102% power, rather than the normal 100%.

DD Repel: Prevents Dee Dee from appearing for the duration of the night.

These items do not stack with themselves; for instance, you cannot use five batteries to start with 110% power. However, you can use one of each per night.

Voice Acting:

Even more characters have voice actors now, including:

- Music Man
- Funtime Foxy
- Jack-O-Chica
- Marionette

New characters:

When Dee Dee appears, she can not only summon any number of normal characters, she can also summon one of two characters not on the character select screen.

RXQ (full name RWQFSFASXC, aka Shadow Bonnie): Once activated, he will make the office go black for about ten seconds. You will not be able to see the doors, meaning you will have to keep track of what is open and closed through other means. This can only happen once per night.

???: The second character will be revealed all in good time.

Testing Progress:

I haven’t been attempting 50/20 mode anymore. Instead I started adding characters, one at a time, on max difficulty. My high-score right now is 6,800 (34 characters set to 20); I thought I might be able to push it to 7,000 but haven't been able to so far. I don’t think my current strategy will hold up going further. I'm not going to mention what characters I included or didn't include, that's part of the fun! I'll wait and see how long it takes someone to beat my score! So as it stands now, the game-creator's high score is 6,800!

My son Braden has been playing a lot as well, and was able to beat 50/1 mode, something I still can’t do (looks like I'm the one that needs to git gud). I think that 50/1 mode is going to be a lot more challenging than people think because there are certain characters that require a lot more time to manage than others. Characters like Toy Freddy, Chica, and Funtime Foxy, can demand a lot of attention even when set to 1. 

And as for 50/20 mode, I think I can say with confidence that it's impossible. As I said, I can't even beat 50/1 mode. My son tried to play 50/2 mode and it broke him (he hasn't played since). So yeah, let's all just take a step back. (Dawko, if you want to back out I completely support you, and I think the community would as well.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Dee Dee Summon #2 has joined the melee! (And a third mystery member has been added)

Spoiler

u_zTAO6eihLXf4rS325ch7CTNCGtLW8SzVMfkOxKYAs.jpg?w=1024&s=2fa1db20d9212468b8cda594df446490

Plushtrap: He will appear on a specific screen and sit in his chair. If you don't scare him out of his chair fast enough, he will jumpscare you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Critical Alert: Scott is Fucking ANGRY

Spoiler

>:(

So... today was supposed to be my release date. You all know how I hate official release dates. Well today I was going to release my game early.

But...

I promised someone that I wouldn't release the game before the 27th. I had forgotten that I'd made that promise, but now I have to honor it.

And now you will all suffer for it. >:(

I'm going to continue to add characters, every day, without exception.

Now we will all burn! >:D

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

Okay, this is just getting re-Dee-Dee-culous:

Spoiler

Tycoon_73.jpg

N. Chica and Bonnet are fine, but not the Minireenas! Those things were just creepy, especially the ones that permanently block your screen!

Ultimate Custom Night's getting closer and closer to Smash Bros Ultimate with all these returning faces.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

So how long until Ridley is confirmed for Custom Night?

Because he's the only guy left, like holy hell Scott. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Spoiler

Man, I just saw the first intermission.

FNAF is my new favorite anime

• Chuckle 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now here are the current results for UCN:

50/20 was finally defeated last Sunday by twich streamer Reamery. He was follow closely by Dawko himself, who has offically won the bet he and Scott made. Now he gets to interview Scott on his show, which should be intresting.

Here is the man himself on their victory.

Spoiler

Congratulations to the 50/20 Champions!

Hey guys, I wanted to take a moment to update you guys on a few things! 

As most of you know, 50/20 mode has been completed by a runner named Rhemery, so big congrats to him! I fully expect more people to follow soon, as Dawko and DJ Sterf have been making huge strides all week. It’s amazing to watch these guys do things that I legitimately thought were impossible. I feel really honored to have people like them playing my games. I couldn’t have asked for better people to be contributing to the community. 

It’s been fascinating watching these runs too. You know, I went out of my way with UCN to make sure there was no randomness in winning. You could play against any of the enemies and have a 100% success rate if you follow the mechanics. However, using all of those mechanics, it seems, is what would have probably made 50/20 impossible. What’s interesting is that whereas there was no randomness in winning, there WAS some randomness in losing, and it was that discrepancy that proved to be the chink in UCN’s armor. For instance, when you don’t tend to Toy Freddy, he doesn’t instantly jumpscare you, he just gets flagged as “ready” to jumpscare you; same with Foxy, and there is some random time before it happens. Those little bits of randomness in the fail-state mechanics proved to be 50/20’s weakness, and it was really amazing watching these guys put together their strategies. Be sure to show these guys a lot of support, they’ve made amazing progress, and have once again proved me wrong in my assertion that I’d finally made an impossible custom night! 

Tonight, I was already trying to think of an update or extra content to add to the game, seeing that it had been beaten, but I stopped myself. No. This is a good place. I’m happy with this game; I had a lot of fun creating it; and I think I’m going to leave it alone. 

You know, I had originally wanted FNaF 4 to be the end but wasn’t satisfied with what people took away from it. Then I planned on Sister Location being the last game but wasn’t satisfied with where it left the lore. Then I made Pizzeria Simulator, and I was happy where it left the lore but not completely satisfied with the experience overall. But after the really great reception of UCN, I think I’m finally happy. :)

That doesn’t mean I’m done with FNaF, but it probably means this was my last game that I’ll make by myself. I know I’ve said that before, but I feel pretty good about it this time. 

I actually have a bigger task at hand right now, and you guys aren’t going to hear from me for a while until I finish it. Stay tuned! 

For now though, I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome you all gave to UCN. I had a great time making it! 

Of course, no sooner had I posted my update yesterday, Dawko went and beat 50/20 mode! This means that #TeamScott has officially fallen! Yes, I lost the bet, and my unbeatable custom night has been vanquished yet again. But honestly, I've never been happier to lose a bet. It was a victory he definitely deserved!

We also have other players who have completed 50/20 mode as well, so be sure to give these guys lots of love and support! I didn't think it could be done! 

Here are some players who have defeated 50/20 mode!

Rhemery
Dawko
DJ Sterf
o_mu108
MrGuinas
kaiji7425
EricVanWilderman

Be sure to post on the forums or on the subreddit if anyone else completes 50/20 mode, and I'll be sure to update this list to include them as well!

Now I guess I'll have to get ready to get out of my comfort zone and do that interview for the FNAF Show. For those of you who know anything about me, you know that I stay far, far away from interviews, but I'll be looking forward to this one! Just don't expect me to reveal any lore! ;)

Congratulations again to these guys!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Game Theorists made a video theorizing that there is a plot for this game and what the plot is. Am I allowed to show that video here?

• 5 weeks later...

So Twisted Wolf is finally getting a game appearance that isn't just a model. It's a fangame, admittedly, but... I'm quite excited to see the final product. Based on the GameJolt page, the fangame is actually mostly complete.

Here's the best part: this is not a demo. This is actually a "playable teaser." So yeah. Looking forward to the next installment of Fredbear & Friends!

Also looking like Twisted Wolf will be the primary antagonist, understandably considering he's the unique one (and in the books, presumably Purple Guy's favorite creation).

• 2 months later...

Looks like somethings cooking at the ol' Pizza Joint. Scott's posted an outline on the future of FNAF, and it seems like Freddy Fazbear is looking to become bigger the ever before:

Upcoming Projects Mega-Thread!
Updated 11-12-18

Hey everyone! 

I’ve been promising an update, so here it is! There are a lot of great things being worked on, and most of them will arrive in 2019, including new ports, new games, and new books. The movie progress is still slow, but that's OK because I want to get it right. Everything else however is moving full speed ahead.

Movie News:

Five Nights at Freddy’s (first movie): New script being worked on

OK guys, I had a script written; Jason liked it, and Chris Columbus liked it too, but I tossed it. I had a different idea for it, one that I liked better. I take responsibility for this delay; it’s my fault. 

It’s been a real challenge for everyone, including myself, to come up with a good screenplay for this. But I’m determined to find the right story. I’m sticking to what I’ve always said, either the right movie gets made or no movie gets made. I hate delaying a project that’s already seen so many delays, but I have to go with my instincts on what I think will be exciting and interesting, and what I think the fanbase will really want to see. If that means that I have to start over ten more times, then that’s what I'm going to do. The good thing is that each attempt gets better and better, in my opinion. So, despite the delays, it's going in the right direction.

One thing that most of you might want to know is that the movie (and sequels I hope) will take place in the universe of FNAF 1-3 only. The games after Five Nights at Freddy's 3 will not exist in the movie universe. Like it or hate it, I felt that this was the best portion of the storyline to really focus in on.

Game Projects:

FNAF VR: (40% complete)

This game is looking terrific. I’m working with a company called Steel Wool to bring the VR game to life, and these guys are making some crazy stuff. If you liked repairing Funtime Freddy up-close in Sister Location, just wait until you try to do something like that in VR, up close, personal, with these huge animatronics that are just one mistake away from jumping at you. I refused to test it the first time and had my son Braden test it instead. (The repair section is one small part of the game.) And, for the first time, you’re going to all get to see an actual stage performance from the classic band!

FNAF AR: (10% complete)

The AR game is well under way, and while I’m not going to reveal any gameplay details yet, I will say that the impending doom of something hunting you will keep you up at night.

FNAF: Into Madness (0% complete)

This is the next game that I want to work on myself someday, a compilation of several previous gameplay ideas in the same vein as Update 2; just a free game for the fanbase. There isn’t a guarantee that it will happen though; I’m still recovering from the first four years! :)

Console Ports: (20% complete)

I’m working closely with the people at Clickteam to create new, improved, HD ports of all of the original games! They will be released on Android, iOS, Switch, XBox and PlayStation!

AAA Game: (0%)

There is a BIG deal in the works to create an incredible big-budget game! I can’t reveal any details yet as this project is still in its planning stages, but I’m working closely with the studio involved to ensure that it delivers what (I think) FNAF fans will want to see!

New Book Series: (20%)

There is a new line of books on the way from Scholastic! This will be very different from the original book series, as it will be a collection of short horror stories that takes place in the FNAF universe. The series will launch with five books, each containing three different short stories with unique characters and plot lines, some connected directly to the games, and some not. 

That’s everything for now! Time for more coffee!

- Movie's getting a script rewrite, story focuses exclusively on 1 through 3, Scott hopes that this can become a full series

- VR and AR Freddy games

- Five Book series separate from the Charlotte trilogy, each features three short stories

- Small, free game call FNAF Into Madness

- FNAF's first big AAA title

The thing with the movie is that either it has to come out fast or new games or other products have to resonate in the meantime, otherwise it will meet the same end of Slender, coming way too late to catch its own craze.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

The thing with the movie is that either it has to come out fast or new games or other products have to resonate in the meantime, otherwise it will meet the same end of Slender, coming way too late to catch its own craze.

To be fair, the Slender Man movie is barely recognisable as a Slendy movie and is just straight up terrible. Five Nights at Freddy's can still work in a vacuum if Scott is actively taking his time to write the best script he can for it.

From the sound of things, the plan is indeed for there to be plenty of new FNAF games and products coming out in a continual stream, so the movie may well arrive borne on the back of those.  I also think that Slenderman wasn't helped by the fact that it inspired a real-life attempted murder; I get the impression that there was something of a collective drift away from the character at that point.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

hw.jpg

Well folks, the ride starts up again. Scottgames.com has updated with a cryptic preview.

Also, during the loading, you get a half-second of "Remember Jeremy." Presumably in reference to Jeremy Fitzgerald, the protagonist of FNAF 2.

While there's a lot of speculation the FNAF 2 protagonist was actually Michael Afton using it as an alias, who knows...

Aaaaaand it's gone.

Hey everyone. I was really looking forward to teasing something new for you today. I've been working on so many things over the last six months, but I can always count on you guys to call foul when you see a foul, and I appreciate that. I can't tell you all how many times I've put a halt to a toy or a poster because Freddit informed me that it was using a fan-model. So I hope you can all imagine my devastation to learn that my first teaser in more than half a year was made using questionable choices at best, and traced fan-models at worst.

I've taken the image down and I'm going to be thinking about where to go from here. The only thing I care about is doing right by this community.

• Absolutely 1

Wow. That must mean this is for the Non-Scott developed titles.

With a little digging, they also found these:

Spoiler

Ggxcqw432.jpg

9Taawf32Bb.jpg

5sdvgHsd.jpg

s55Hdfcaa2.jpg

0rGN.jpg

sd3mz77fW.jpg

Fwxht4Scv.jpg

It appears to be for the VR game. The firsts two pics suggests there will be 3D remakes of the original areas. If I had to guess for that garbled shot, that might be Ennard or something similar. 

It's possible some events could be none canon if what Baby appering in the bedroom implies. Although SL has strongly implied that it takes place very close to the FNAF4 house, so it's not hard to imagine that she walked over there herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just amazed at how sloppily this ad was made that they used a fan model without going through the usual licensing process.

Then again, I'm sure the owner of Popgoes is pretty flattered that the FNAF games would use one of their models. Even if not asking for permission is kind of not awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott goes in detail on what went wrong, and teases what's ahead for the VR game.

Hey everyone, I wanted to give an update on the VR game situation.

As you all remember, the artwork that I’d teased for the game (which was actually a portion of the cover artwork), included characters that had used fan art and fan models as references. When I learned about that, I was obviously pretty upset and took down the teaser. I’ve been speaking with the team over at Steel Wool (the VR company) for the last few days, working through this, and figuring out from them what happened. Based on what I’ve heard, I do believe that it was an isolated incident and that it wasn’t done with bad intentions. The person working on the artwork used images that he thought were mine. If anything, everyone who had one of their models referenced should pat themselves on the back because your models looked like they were canon! I think it’s a testament to the fan community that the fan models rival mine, many of them look identical, and some of them look BETTER!

The models in the actual game are my own though, or modified versions of my own models. The cover artwork was done using artwork available online because the models in-game weren’t finished being textured. It doesn't excuse it, it's just what happened. They have since gone back and recreated the cover art using the actual in-game models.

I wholeheartedly believe that it wasn’t anyone’s intent to steal or copy any else’s work. Trust me when I say that the people over at Steel Wool have been working their butts off on this game, trying to make it something incredible, and something that will be an excellent addition to the series. I’ve been consistently impressed with the work they’ve done. There are sections where you repair Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy, and those sections are terrifying. You are instructed to reach inside of their chest cavities, or pull their faces off, or pull their eyeballs out(!), it’s really unnerving.

There is another section where you are in the dark with Funtime Foxy. It’s basically a recreation of the game from Sister Location. I know that some people have said that that particular game was a bit lazy on my part, considering that the screen is black 99% of the time, but let me tell you something, it’s a whole different situation in VR.

I’d played the Funtime Foxy section in an early build but wasn’t impressed (it was unfinished and Foxy was MIA), so I complained about it. They basically said, “Hold my non-alcoholic beverage.”, and they spent the next three days off the grid. They sent me a new build, and again I entered the darkness with Funtime Foxy. I flashed my beacon, again and again, and crept forward. I won’t go into detail here, but I will say this, I have never screamed like I screamed that day. I screamed like a kid falling off a roller coaster. I threw the VR headset off of my head, and it was reflexive, like when you jerk your hand off a hot stove. It was an instinctive NOPE. I told Steel Wool that I would never test that section again. My son Braden, also an eager player of the VR game over here, has also said that he’ll never play that section again.

The point of all of this is just to ensure you guys that the team over at Steel Wool has been working with one goal in mind: to make something that the community will recognize, enjoy, and be scared by. This was still a bad mistake, and they offered to post an apology. I told them I was handling it; but just be aware that they offered. They want to do right by all of you.

Oh yeah, and when you’re hiding in the closet and Baby is lurking outside the door, that’s really scary.

I also refuse to play the FNAF 4 bedroom with Fredbear outside.

You should see Springtrap walk…

The little monstrous PlushBaby’s are the best original addition to any game ever.

Thanks again for the support everyone. This is a great community. I’m going to try to be more vigilant to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

A game could even the creator the fright of his life goes to show that this series is about to reach its full potential, espcally when the game will be in actual 3D. It's also flattering to hear Scott praising all the fan-modelers for their recreations, even when it leads to offical media getting fooled.

But I'm moreso glad if this game lets us see the real 3D models for the first time, so there'd be no more need to clutter the fan-models sites with FNAF bots.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally here, Fazbros:

Animations and a few models look pretty WIP, but I'm loving the atmosphere, and seeing folks like the Puppet move around for the first time sends 41 flavors of chills down my spine! Let's hope the final product can breathe some new life into this brilliant horror series!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

I'm just amazed at how sloppily this ad was made that they used a fan model without going through the usual licensing process.

Then again, I'm sure the owner of Popgoes is pretty flattered that the FNAF games would use one of their models. Even if not asking for permission is kind of not awesome.

To be fair, the owner posted on Reddit and he was a very good sport about it and was flattered. It wasn't Scott's fault, though, in any case.

In any case, though, it's nice to finally have an official FNAF game with real-time 3D visuals.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

So we've got the Circus Baby gang in FNAF 4, animatronic building/repairing, and characters walking freely in our line of sight. That's all fine by me, but seeing those gross bugs all over (and throughout) Chica is where I draw the line. 

Also, you might've noticed a shoe in Freddy's torso. A remnant of the child possessing him, perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 2