Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

And here's a hands on discussion on the demo that is being held at PAX East, with some big info within.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/28/head-and-hands-on-with-five-nights-at-freddys-vr-help-wanted/#/slide/1

TLDR-

Spoiler

-There are three levels in the demo:

The first is the original FNAF1 room and gameplay, the second is the repair segment with Bonnie.

The third demo is a new type of level, which has you trapped inside the restaurant's ventilation system. You are tasked with repairing the vents by pressing the right switches in the right order if you have any hope of escape before they find you. 

- The Vent Repair level might be where the player bumps into Mangle in the trailer: mangle_logo-copy.jpg

So, this could be in FNAF2's building.

- Help Wanted is expecting to drop on April 30th.

- The game will have over 40 different levels.

- The game's hub is in an arcade where you use tokens to purchase collectibles and other unlockables.

- While some levels are the same as the older games, the developers insist there are many new things created for this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread. Well, since I spotted it again, I guess I'll drop some random questions to stimulate the mind a bit in-between:

Who are your favorite animatronics/characters?

What is your favorite game, whether gameplay, aesthetic, and/or story wise?

How do you feel about the series being as long and/or varied as it ended up being?

Is there an aspect of the series you wanted to see more done with at any point or for any reason?

With the wrapup that came in Pizzeria Simulator and then Ultimate Custom Night, are there some elements of the story you have any particular surprised or alternative thoughts about?

Edited by Strickerx5
fixing forum glitch

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Ok, watching the Nightmarionee's tentacles move around the room of FNAF 4 in Night Terrors is really creepy...and AWESOME

For clarification, only major FNAF names got to try the game out early. The public release date has been delayed to the 28th.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been seeing videos of this pop up on the home page and wondered what that was about. Here anything interesting yet, yes or no?

• 3 weeks later...

So Gametheory came out with a video on Help Wanted and while I haven't watched it yet, I have seen the thumbnail. Or rather thumbnails: on my labtop, it features 

Spoiler

Springtime Bonnie

but on my phone, it features Freddy.

Anyone else seeing that?

Game Theory: FNAF, You Were Meant To Lose (FNAF VR Help Wanted)The Game Theorists • 2.9M viewsLive23:40Playlist ()Mix (50+)

The FNAF movie might be languishing in development Hell because Scott keeps rejecting every idea put before him, but... there's this.

There is a rumor that it developed out of an early draft of the FNAF film that was rejected, but whether that's true or not, well... my God, it exists. And since everyone is comparing it to FNAF, I figured it appropriate to link it here.

I feel sorry for all the 70s and 80s kids who grew up with the actual show. :P

This is both an extremely bad and an extremely brilliant idea.

• Way Past Cool 1

8 hours ago, Legosi (Tani Coyote) said:

The FNAF movie might be languishing in development Hell because Scott keeps rejecting every idea put before him, but... there's this.

There is a rumor that it developed out of an early draft of the FNAF film that was rejected, but whether that's true or not, well... my God, it exists. And since everyone is comparing it to FNAF, I figured it appropriate to link it here.

Seriously?

This almost looks like a parody trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

9.jpg

And the ride continues. Scottgames has updated with a new teaser image for a 2020 title, it seems.

Looks like Chica, Freddy, Foxy and... someone new. Presumably a canine based on the pointy ears.

But they don't have a tail like Foxy.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/15/2019 at 5:36 AM, Legosi (Tani Coyote) said:

Is that a good thing?

Uh, considering the Scooby Doo and Flintstones movies, as well as Spaceghost Coast to Coast, it's not too out of character.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:33 AM, KHCast said:

It’s a SyFy original, of course they’re ripping it off lol.

What, do they have a history of that?

11 hours ago, Legosi (Tani Coyote) said:

9.jpg

And the ride continues. Scottgames has updated with a new teaser image for a 2020 title, it seems.

Looks like Chica, Freddy, Foxy and... someone new. Presumably a canine based on the pointy ears.

The one on the left is definitely Bonnie, but the two on the left appear to be radical redesigns of Chica and presumably Foxy. 

But yeah, at least one could be a new character.

It could be baby.  Remember she can change forms to look more human and that looks human like to me

So with the new teaser, Scott also provides as with an update on all upcoming projects--

Upcoming Projects Mega-Thread!
Updated 08-08-19

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Movie

Progress being made. Stay tuned! ETA: 2021

Game Projects:

FNAF VR: (Done!)

FNAF AR: (75% complete)

The team at Looking Glass is doing an amazing job; the graphics look fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing how the finished product comes together! ETA: October 2019

The AR game is next in line, aiming for the Halloween season. Just what are they trying to prove by making a program that projects these freaks creeping around in my own house?

FNAF: Into Madness (On hold)

This game was originally going to be a project that I worked on myself, but now it looks like it might be a future project for Steel Wool (2021 maybe). Right now, however, I'm working on [58]

The "[58]" in question refers to this image that appeared on the FNAF World site-

Spoiler

t9OZGrp.png

Here it is again brightened, which reveals some not quite nice sounding thoughts on it-

oU7pYvQ.png

Knowing that FNAF World is viewed among Scott's more controversial games, this could imply another content update for it is up ahead, perhaps adding characters from SL and up.

Or it might be for a new game altogether that may look just as bizzare.

Console Ports: (70% complete)

I’m working closely with the people at Clickteam to create new, improved, HD ports of all of the original games! They will be released on Android, iOS, Switch, XBox and PlayStation! ETA: Be looking for most of these before the end of 2020!

AAA Game: (0%)

A deal has been signed with Universal to create a AAA multiplayer game. They've had a few setbacks getting started, but hopefully they will get it worked out soon. There were some really cool ideas for it. ETA: 2021

For a supposed "AAA" instalment, I'm unfamiliar with this "Universal" guy. The only one I can think of is Vivendi Universal Games, which had long since been absorbed by Activision. They would make more sense for a AAA game dev. 

But still, the multiplayer aspect is not to be ignored. Is it a coop mode where four nightguards are assigned different task to combat the robots? One player vs several animatronics? Or the long awaited Freddy Battle Royal??? No matter what, we've still a long ways to go.

New Book Series: Done and awaiting publication!

Some of these are pretty disturbing... Publication date: Spring 2020

??? TBA

The second game from Steel Wool. ETA: 2020

So either this last project or the 58 thing could be what the "Freddy's Supermall" thing could be about.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Meta77 said:

It could be baby.  Remember she can change forms to look more human and that looks human like to me

...Wait, what?

23 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

The "[58]" in question refers to this image that appeared on the FNAF World site-

Hide contents

t9OZGrp.png

Here it is again brightened, which reveals some not quite nice sounding thoughts on it-

oU7pYvQ.png

Knowing that FNAF World is viewed among Scott's more controversial games, this could imply another content update for it is up ahead, perhaps adding characters from SL and up.

Or it might be for a new game altogether that may look just as bizzare.

You know, I've actually been thinking about that since listening to his interview with Dawko again. If your guess is correct, I hope he manages to pull off a second go round now that the original story and its extension is over. I never got to play it myself and I wanted to.

That also applies to Pizzeria Simulator, since it was only for PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Baby has the ability to change shape. One form is her chunky looking doll form and the other is her ability to look like a realistic human because of the pins found around her body and the sound device in the front. *little confused on the sound bit unless audio tricks*

• Way Past Cool 1

On 8/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Meta77 said:

Baby has the ability to change shape. One form is her chunky looking doll form and the other is her ability to look like a realistic human because of the pins found around her body and the sound device in the front. *little confused on the sound bit unless audio tricks*

...Are you referring to the Fourth Closest?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey yo, since you talking about Baby shapeshifting, here's Gametheory's latest video.

Get a load of that reaction after 3:44.

Holy shit, she's Gittarackur!

Yep that is the video i watched and book i meant. It makes since now and would be a great addition to the game if she was one in the same in that picture *IF* its her

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Yep that is the video i watched and book i meant. It makes since now and would be a great addition to the game if she was one in the same in that picture *IF* its her

So that's a deeper cut than Mangle being a dog. 
Like, I did notice those pins once before, but never gave them a second thought; probably just assumed "voodoo doll."

I doubt it's her in the new image though. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:36 AM, Legosi (Tani Coyote) said:

9.jpg

You know, looking back at this, it occurs to me that this isn't some fancy club motif but rather a party in a mall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes that's what malls looked like. Most younger fans wouldn't know it. Malls looked like this in the late 80s very early 90s. With fountains, a food court all set around neon themes. It's full blown nostalgia for me

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Yes that's what malls looked like. 

Well excuuuse me!

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Most younger fans wouldn't know it. Malls looked like this in the late 80s very early 90s. With fountains, a food court all set around neon themes. It's full blown nostalgia for me

Im Watching You GIF

But yeah, interesting to see that may be the location this time around. Which makes me wonder what the scope of this game will be.

Also, wth is that audience?

Rofl im not calling you out for not knowing. It just means a lot to see a location based on something so many of us early 90 babies grew up in XD

On 8/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, Meta77 said:

Rofl im not calling you out for not knowing. It just means a lot to see a location based on something so many of us early 90 babies grew up in XD

I know, I was playing it up for a joke. :lol: Obviously, I'd have known in order to draw that conclusion in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

Teaser and Announcement Trailer for FNAF: Special Delivery

five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delive

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/081079/five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delivery-announced-now-open-for-pre-registration/

After a brief teaser surfaced online last week, sending the FNAF fanbase into detective mode, Illumix has today revealed that Five Nights at Freddy’s AR: Special Delivery – an all-new AR FNAF game – is set to creep onto Android and iOS devices later this year.

The developer hopes to treat fans to a ‘completely new audio and visual gameplay experience’. You’ll be able to summon your favourite nightmarish animatronics into the real world through some impressive AR tech for a ‘survival horror game never before seen’.

Not much else is currently known about the project. I’m not really sure how similar it’ll be to the point-and-click originals, but I’m personally hoping for something a little different. The mainline entries are known for their striking monster designs, intriguing lore, and heart-stopping jump scares. Most of those elements seem very much intact in Special Delivery.

Scott Cawthon, the creator of the Five Nights at Freddy’s series, had previously talked about Special Delivery over on Steam, saying that “the team at Looking Glass is doing an amazing job; the graphics look fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing how the finished product comes together!”.

And this isn’t the only FNAF game currently in development, with FNAF: Into Madness, console ports of the original games, and a AAA multiplayer title in the works. Then there’s the FNAF movie, which – according to Cawthon – is still slated for a 2021 release.

I’m told that you’ll be able to pre-register from today using this here link. We’ve seen plenty of great VR horror games over the years, but I honestly can’t think of too many genuinely scary AR titles. Here’s to hoping Five Nights at Freddy’s AR: Special Delivery is one them.

five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delivefive-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delive

• Thumbs Up 1