Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Welp, I'm keeping away from any wood door closets for a while.

Also in regards to Spin Attaxx's topic title change...I dun get it.

EDIT: Never mind, just googled it.

Edited by SenEDtor Missile

Hey kids, remember when you calmed yourself down by remembering that Freddy Fazbear and gang were tied to the restaurant and would likely never end up in your house?

Lol fuck you.

Weird because my initial reaction was one of disappointment that we aren't gonna be in the original location, but I have to admit my worst fears have conjured up by thinking about these things stalking me in my house. Also, no cameras. This must mean we'll be able to move around.

• Thumbs Up 7

I got so fucking giddy seeing this trailer. Theories about the game taking place in a house? Confirmed! Free roaming that fans wanted for so long? Here you go! Fully animated animatronics? Bam! I fucking love you, Mr. Cawthon!

• Thumbs Up 1

This... this is brilliant.

After two sequels where some of the charm had been lost, he found a new way to re-invigorate it: making you feel unsafe in your very home. It was bad enough he ruined Chuck E. Cheese's. So he decided to go out with a bang: making you scared to sleep at night.

When I saw the first FNAF, I had trouble sleeping for about two nights. This is NOT going to help.

And that's why it's a brilliant way to conclude the series.

• Thumbs Up 7

You thought animatronics were bad? Well fuck you bitch, have some demented plushes in your own home too! 

Time to get rid of all your plush toys SSMB. Yes, even the Sonic ones. You are not safe.

I have several questions. Is this in the perspective of a sibling of the bite of '87 victim or a child who witnessed it? What's with the counter that appears on the top right during the Plushtrap shot? If we're not keeping the bots out of a room, are we gonna be just running away from and avoiding them until 6 AM? Oh my god, so much mystery!

I can't imagine what you're even doing in this. Why the hell are you sticking your head out of the door? Why are you moving around? Is there going to be some "Make it out of the house" or "Move to different room/position as yours is no longer safe" thing? Those are the only scenarios I can think of where not just hunkering down in your bed would be a good idea.

And I take it the guesses of the animatronics (except I guess Springtrap) not actually being there are correct cause I can't imagine any other way worrying about them being in your closet would work (and since you can apparently check it I presume it's not a "You know he's in there the whole time, make sure he doesn't get out" type thing), plus "you THINK you see". Which...kind of sucks, I think. FNaF3 is the only one I think people are really justified in their "Just meaningless jumpscares" complaint because of the hallucination animatronics. I don't want that mechanic back. 

Happy to see full animations, that was something I was really hoping for. 

Edit: And yes, thank you Scott, we're back in an innocent looking place instead of a generic horror attraction.

I just bought a plush bunny today. It better not be Plushtrap in disguise... D:

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see how this goes. No cameras? Running around your house from even deadlier-looking animatronics than before? HAHAHA I probably won't get much sleep once it's released.

Kinda disappointed with the change of release date though; would've been really cool to have it out on Halloween. :<

Is the release date change even real? I know there's a screenshot, but there's a strong possibility it could be fake. I sent Cawthon an email asking if he really sent it, and I'm waiting for a response. I do hope it comes out on August 8th, though!

Is the release date change even real? I know there's a screenshot, but there's a strong possibility it could be fake. I sent Cawthon an email asking if he really sent it, and I'm waiting for a response. I do hope it comes out on August 8th, though!

This would not be the first time he's posted a release date then released the game earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but still, I want some confirmation.

EDIT: The Plushtrap image on IndieDB is titled "8815".

Edited by Auto

Is anyone else glad that we're back to the first game's atmosphere? Dim lighting, neutral colors, and while the designs of the animatronics aren't subtle, the way they're lit makes them terrifying. Foxy in the closet actually made me jump!

I like it a lot better than the atmosphere of the third game, at least, definitely. 

Foxy in the closet actually made me jump!

I honestly found it kind of humorous, or kind of just strange at most.  Just...BOOM random Foxy head. Okay. 

Aw man, the game might not actually be free roaming, just you walking around the room. I can see the doorways in the hallway shots. Checking on Plushtrap in the hallway is probably as far as we'll be able to go. Oh well, still looks hype as fuck.

Edited by Auto

I finally watch the trailer and I'm getting Friday the 13th vibes from it. It also reminds me of The Shining a bit too but not as much. But yeah it looks good so far.

#late

• Thumbs Up 2

FNAF4: You won't have to go get your scares at the pizzeria...

THIS TIME, YOU'RE GETTING IT DELIVERED

Pretty much.

I wonder how big the house is. 

I watched the trailer again at this time of night for some stupid reason, and the line "what game do you think you are playing?" gives off vibes that the kid brought Plushtrap or whatever on a dare or show of bravery, thinking there was nothing to the legends that spurred the creation of Fazbear's Fright which in itself seems similarly cursed after the fire. Basically, I bet the kid knows all too well about the legends and tried to be a big shot, biting off more than they could chew.

Also, I bet Plushtrap is the new Puppet. If he reaches that X, you're automatically fucked.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Now the sound that I just heard, it came from this bedroom." And then he looks over by the closet
While shes easin' over by the pizza. And then he walks over to the door and closes it back
And then he looks her in her face, looks like shes about to have a heart attack!
Then he notices the pizza on the bed: one slice is missing. Now the story's gettin' scary
Cause he comes to realize that Bridget is allergic to anchovies...

And then, he looks at the closet!
He walks to the closet, get close to the closet, now he's opening the closet!
Now pause the game cause what I'm about to say to y'all is so damn twisted!!!
Not only is there Freddy in this closet, but the Freddy...is a Plushie!! (plushie) (plushie) (plushie)

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually thinking that the game might not be true free roam, in the sense that you can move around freely. I think that rather than cameras, you can actually go to these rooms but when you are inside them, you can only look left or right and interact with certain things. The core gameplay formula of the series would still be there, just at a larger scale. So while it wouldn't be true free roam, it would still be a big shake up. 

It's ultimately an aesthetic difference first and foremost, with the traditional camera buttons merely spread across the map. I doubt the animatronics or you will move in real time or anything. But what intrigues me is Plushtrap. Where in the world is he located? The way the room is laid out, it seems there's a left door which leads to a West Hall where Chica (and a Freddy) will be, a right door which leads to an East Hall where Bonnie will be, the closet in front of you hosting Foxy, and the bed behind you with the mini Freddies. Where does Plushtrap fit in? Without some sort of movement- simulated or otherwise- it doesn't look like at face value you'd be able to reach him from the room itself.

• Thumbs Up 3

So did anyone else see this?

All the fans that had been demanding that Markplier play as Mike in the Five Nights at Freddy's movie, yeah this is pretty much as close as they're gonna get.

• Thumbs Up 1