Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

"Last chapter in the original story." Sounds like Scott is still leaving room open for continuations in the overall universe, or that's just my inner FNAF fan girl talking.

Also, the actual description itself is pretty straightforward and gameplay-oriented without any real mention as to the location or what's really been happening since 3. It's an interesting change of pace, if only because it highlights the child's identity as being important that much more.

And Jesus Christ that Steam image. Freddy is a creepy fuck.

• Thumbs Up 3

Given how filthy rich this has made him... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does come back to this universe in some manner.

If Kingdom Hearts can find a new plot for itself after killing the antagonist behind a decade plus of games, I imagine Scott would have no problem finding some new way to revisit things.

I wouldn't be surprised if he changes the title though, so he could still use the lore but not be stuck with similar playstyles.

I wouldn't be surprised if he changes the title though, so he could still use the lore but not be stuck with similar playstyles.

Well the Freddyverse is probably out considering it might get mixed up with Freddy Krueger.

The FazbearVerse has a nice ring to it. Granted, I wonder how far he can stretch a supposed universe. How many times and places can be affected by the Purple Guy/Springtrap's shenanigans before it just gets too coincidental, even for this series?

The FazbearVerse has a nice ring to it. Granted, I wonder how far he can stretch a supposed universe. How many times and places can be affected by the Purple Guy/Springtrap's shenanigans before it just gets too coincidental, even for this series?

How about just "FazVerse"? It's easier to say

Given how filthy rich this has made him... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does come back to this universe in some manner.

Scott was never concerned with being 'filthy rich', all that gave him the power to do was to give to charity. We know he's given away $500k now, but who knows how much he's already given away to other charities without us knowing about it or finding them.

It seems he would be happy to move on now after this point, what with the film and all too. He's going to be releasing a free DLC at Halloween too, so there's that as well.

I told my brother about how FNAF4 will have you in control of a child who plays a big unknown role and my brother responded "Maybe you're playing as Purple Guy's child?" I find his guess unlikely.

But then something occurred to me, what if the child is Purple Guy? Think about it, the word nightmare has appeared multiple times and Plushtrap kind of looks like a child.

What if after Purple Guy killed the children, he started having dreams where essentially the roles have been reversed. He's now the helpless child and the ghost of the children are the monsters coming to get him. It makes sense.

The nightmares could even drive him to the point where he feels the need to destroy the animatronics.

Now as for the lines "What game do you think you're playing?" Could it be that the children murders were nothing more than a game to purple guy?

As for "What have you brought home?" I haven't figured that part yet.

Edited by sonicgirl313
  • Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I want to know if this game will have Phone Guy. I hope it does.  

What if after Purple Guy killed the children, he started having dreams where essentially the roles have been reversed. He's now the helpless child and the ghost of the children are the monsters coming to get him. It makes sense.

The nightmares could even drive him to the point where he feels the need to destroy the animatronics.

Springtrap's kind of in this. Unless ghosts can dream, it can't really be Purple Guy we're playing as. 

Unless there's some other, unhinted at reason why he'd decide to single out a Golden Bonnie.

Personally, I want to know if this game will have Phone Guy. I hope it does.  

Springtrap's kind of in this. Unless ghosts can dream, it can't really be Purple Guy we're playing as. 

Unless there's some other, unhinted at reason why he'd decide to single out a Golden Bonnie.

Well I meant while he's still alive. In other words it could be the game that gives identity to Purple Guy. Eh it's just a guess and I figured since he used the Springtrap suit to lure the children and kill them, it would make sense in his dream to see his alter-ego as a child. Like I said I'm just pretty much guessing since the child is going to play some big role nobody knows yet.

This time, the terror has followed you home.

In this last chapter of the Five Nights at Freddy's original story, you must once again defend yourself against Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and even worse things that lurk in the shadows. Playing as a child whose role is yet unknown, you must safeguard yourself until 6am by watching the doors, as well as warding off unwanted creatures that may venture into your closet or onto the bed behind you.

You have only a flashlight to protect yourself. It will scare away things that may be creeping at the far end of the hallways, but be careful, and listen. If something has crept too close, then shining lights in its eyes will be your end.

Oh man...

Today I am giving an early sneak-peak to two youtubers who most of you are probably already familiar with- Dawko and Razzbowski. They will be uploading videos soon, but they won't be showing gameplay; they'll only be discussing their experiences while playing. So be watching for their videos! I will upload them to the Steam page when they are available as well! 

Who?

Both reactions are up (Razz's here). Apparently it's the best in the series, the "gimmick" in this one is really good (FNAF2's gimmick was the Freddy Head, FNAF3's was the audio and stuff) and you really need to listen to this game more then ever. Also, the animations on the animatronics and such are much better as well.

Suuuper hype for this. If everything's better, I'm gonna be scared shitless of my own house all over again.

Speeeaking of scared shitless, a fangame called Five Nights at Candy's was released the other day that follows FNAF1's formula well, but as someone who's played it, this easily could of been made by Scott. It's my favorite FNAF fangame out there, besides from the Fuckboy series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess we now know why the game's size ballooned so much. Animatronics now have multiple jump scares! Neato. Also, it's more audio cue driven, which is an element I really liked about the first in hindsight. Curious as to what the "gimmick" is, if we haven't already deduced it from discussion. I'm also happy and dreadful to hear that it's more difficult. I like a good challenge, but I can't beat 3. xDD

Edit: Just now realizing Bonnie can seemingly come from multiple sides. While the trailer suggests he can only come from the right, Razz opens the left door and is greeted by an angry-ass rabbit. These things are probably gonna be like Springtrap on overdrive. D8

Woah, some people got the game early again? Multiple jumpscares?? I'm so fucking hyped.

I also love how Razz just straight up told us some of the baseline mechanics. While we guessed accurately that there was simulated movement wherein clicking on other places changed the perspective, I also like the revelation that the audio is done in such a way that you can appropriately hear the animatronics coming this time (variable volume I suppose.) I also like the balancing act aspect to it, in that if an animatronic is at your door, you can hear it breathing and must shut the door long enough for it to leave, although this could lead you open to attack from the other side. I like that; reminds me of the shenanigans in 2 which I still find the most fun to play.

Also, anyone betting on something being under the bed? Because I bet a Freddy is under the bed (given my lucid dreaming hallucinations last night which are never wrong.)

I love Five Nights at Freddy's. I got a Celebrate poster framed in my room.

Just...never ever want to play the games myself.:ph34r:

I'm definitely going to watch Markiplier slave away through it, but I'm also wondering whether or not I want to go in blind first and play it myself to keep things as a surprise. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Same, I wanna play it blindly but I can't help but watch any new gameplay videos of a game I'm excited for.

self promotion time

I'm drawing all of the bots to cope with how long we have until the game comes out. Might just be inks, this one is just lines because it took a while and I'm very tired from overworking myself.

bonbon.png

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 8

I actually have a feeling that this game uses streaming FMVs this time around rather than typical static visuals, due to the file size of the game itself. Note that Scott has stated that multiple animatronics has caused him to run into memory issues previously, so it's quite possible that he's instead streaming video in where applicable.

Edited by Candescence
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://steamdb.info/app/388090/

"Release Date: August 1, 2015 – 00:00:00 UTC"

Oh please don't just be a place holder date, I'm so fucking hyped for this game and I'm itching to play it

That would really stink for me, that's a Saturday and I work from 4pm-1am on that day ;c

Okay, so Razzbowski has a sneak peek of the First Night in FN4F. Spoilered for those who still want to go in blind for the game's release.

Edit: Oh snap! He's got Night 2 out now, as well! 

Edited by Potada
Adding info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

OH FUCK ME, I THOUGHT THE DEAL WAS TO NOT SHOW ANY GAMEPLAY! Now I gotta try extremely hard not to watch this gameplay so I don't spoil myself.

And, of course, fail miserably. *hits the play button with a sledgehammer*

• Thumbs Up 1

So now the story is touching on the subject of child abuse. That's good, that's perfectly fine, Cawthon, it's not like FNAF3's narrative already tugged on my heart strings. Dick.

• Thumbs Up 2