Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Aha! Figured out how I can use the spoiler button on my phone.

Hidden Content

The kid doesn't become the Puppet because he's not the kid who becomes the Puppet. Nothing says the Bite victim becomes the Puppet except you. The Puppet should already be haunted by this point if this is the Bite of 87 - the setup implies that the Bite happened at the final birthday party Phone Guy mentioned in 2.

Hidden Content

Did you even play FNAF3 minigames? Also I'm not the only one who noticed this.

In FNAF3 you can encounter images of the puppet. At the end of Night 6 before the boy disappears he is that exact some pose as the image of the puppet. 

Why can't you accept I'm onto a plausible theory instead of going "Nuh Uh! You're wrong and I'm right!" *sigh* 

EDIT: Okay I'm going to just stop arguing. Each time we brought up our theories and facts, we just ended up butting heads and bickering. I'm going to end this to calm things down again. We'll just agree to disagree.

Edited by sonicgirl313

Did you even play FNAF3 minigames? Also I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Hidden Content

Why can't you accept I'm onto a plausible theory instead of going "Nuh Uh! You're wrong and I'm right!" *sigh* 

I can't accept you're on a plausible theory because your theory is hardly plausible to begin with.

"A kid has the same pose as a Puppet statue so OBVIOUSLY HE'S THE PUPPET YOU GUYS!" That is a huge leap of logic. By this logic, do you also believe all the dead children look like BB just because there are some BB statues in BB's Air Adventure that cry just like the children?

As I've said time and time again, if this is the Bite of '87 (which it must be - the writing's all over the wall and this is obstensively the final, "this-is-it-no-more-story" game, so why hint at some other never-before-mentioned Bite in the final game in the series?), then the Puppet should already be haunted by this point - it's implied the actual kid who becomes the Puppet was killed outside a Fredbear's/Freddy's by the Purple Man in 2. If that wasn't enough, it's implied the murders and the Puppet's haunting of the animatronics happened prior to the Bite - that can't have happened if the Bite victim became the Puppet like you insist.

I swear, we're just arguing in circles at this point.

I can't accept you're on a plausible theory because your theory is hardly plausible to begin with.

Hidden Content

*sigh* Like I said, I'm not arguing anymore. I have plenty of counter arguments against your points, valid ones that you choose to ignore but I'm not going to because it had made the arguing worse and worse.

If there's one thing to get the FNAF fandom arguing it's how the jigsaw pieces fit together to form the whole cohesive narrative.

I'm still not sure about what the implications of the story this time around means for any of the backstory, but the story's now mostly wrapped up. Until the DLC pack, Scott. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In reading about it some more--

I'm changing some things. The Bite is probably the incident that initiated the need for the Grand Reopening in 2 in the first place. Again, the toys are the newest animatronics and thus would've had to have existed around that year. It's also possible for them to have existed in service with the older animatronics beforehand (as Purple Guy was able to use a springlock suit to commit the murders, meaning they hadn't been sealed off yet) but after that and the spring lock incidents, the toys were chosen for the face of the revamp. The withered animatronics were again deemed too ugly and were thus thrown in storage, probably along with Springtrap and Golden Freddy. So basically, all we learned is that the reason for 2's Grand Reopening was the bite itself. It did not happen at the end of that game to Jeremy as suspected. Also, we learned who the victim was, the offending animatronic, and how it happened.

I feel that makes the most sense.

Sorry for the double post but I would like to post what I think the timeline of events are. I based this off of the facts I've gathered from studying the clues and hints.

Fredbear's Family Diner opens and they only have two animatronics.

Purple guy murders the first child and that child goes onto possess a Fredbear/Golden Freddy plushie 

Fredbear's Family Diner is shut down because of the murder

In 1983 FNAF4 kid receives the possessed plushie as a early birthday gift from Fredbear's and Friends

The ghost of the first child starts talking to the FNAF4 kid wanting to be his friend

To try to cheer the kid up the ghost child devises a game that ends up petrifying the FNAF4 child

The Bite of 83 happens on the FNAF4 kid's birthday, resulting in him losing consciousness and slowly die within a few days

The company hides away the child in order to protect their image

During his last moments of life as the images of the Fredbear's game flash through his mind, the ghost child visits him and states how they would always be their friend and always stay with them

Because of his grief, the FNAF4 child was unable to continue on to the afterlife and possessed the puppet

Fredbear is sealed away because of the bite but Springtrap is kept

The other four children are murdered by Purple Guy, resulting in the five missing children report.

The puppet wanting vengeance on the children that cost him his life, he places them in the animatronics so they would know his suffering.

Fredbear and friends is shut down and in an attempt to salvage the company, they decide to start a new with Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria and a suspect is arrested.

Because of the blood and mucus coming from the animatronics, the owners come up with the idea to make new animatronics based on their toyline from 1983, hence the toy animatronics.

In order to prevent another child murder they equip the toy animatronics with scanners that the other animatronics were originally going to be equipped with.

The day time guard tries to put on the Springtrap suit but does it wrong and gets injured, resulting in the police to investigate

The Bite of 87 happens, Jeremy loses his frontal lobe to one of the toy animatronics

Because of the Bite the toy animatronics are scrapped and Freddy's Pizzaria is closed.

The pizzaria is reopened at their old location and the old animatronics are featured there.

Mike survives 7 nights with the animatronics while they tried to kill him.

Purple Guy hears the news about the animatronics and decides to put an end to it.

Because the animatronics were destroyed, the children's souls were freed of the animatronics

Terrified of seeing the souls of the children he murdered come after him he flees into the Springtrap suit

The spring lock snaps and slowly kills Purpleguy

The children then discover they can't move on to the afterlife even though Purple Guy was dead. They could only do so when the puppet forgives them for what they did to him.

Because of the destruction of the animatronics and the discovery of the children's bodies inside, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria is shut down for good.

30 years later Fazbear's Horror Attraction is made

Now a blood thirsty monster, Springtrap seeks out anything alive and kills them. The children take the form of phantoms who are tormented by their grief and constantly scream out for help.

The night guard helps the children and seeing that the children truly regret their actions, especially the ghost of the first child, the puppet forgives then and now all of them are free and move onto the afterlife.

Fazbear's Horror Attraction burns down and the surviving items are auctioned off.

• Thumbs Up 1

In reading about it some more--

Hidden Content

I feel that makes the most sense.

But Phone Guy directly mentions the Bite as being the reason why the animatronics can't walk around during the day in 1, and even says that the Toys are able to do so in 2. One would think that the Bite happens near the end of 2 (though admittedly the way we see how the Bite happened would make it seem odd that it's the reason why the animatronics can only move at night - I mean, Fredbear didn't even move, but then again, Fazbear Entertainment).

Man, all this theory slinging has my head spinning. One thing I thought of, though:

Would Shadow Freddy or Bonnie tie into the story somehow? We know both of them are in 2, and they both appear in 3's mini-games. Plus, in one of them Shadow Bonnie is onstage with Golden/Spring Freddy. I don't know how they would tie in, unfortunately.

SO UHMM...

Apparently Scott's added an update for the first game that alters the phone guys reference to the bite of '87 so he says "the bite of '83. There's no proof of this so far but someone on 4chan made this claim and another said that they have an update for FNAF1 on their queue. If this really true, why would Scott retcon such a small thing and then go back to the first game to change said small detail?? Why not just change '83 to '87 in FNAF4??

EDIT: Whoops, it's fake, typical 4chan anon bullshit and typical Auto gullibility.

SO UHMM...

Hidden Content

EDIT: Whoops, it's fake, typical 4chan anon bullshit and typical Auto gullibility.

I was just this minute writing up a thing saying that it hadn't but I had to reload my page for some reason and that pops up. Oh well.

Also, I saw that you'd posted that full image of Nightmare Bonnie in the last thread. Absolutely love it, man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Then you in turn need to explain how it's possible that a springlock suit was responsible when we know that in FNAF 2, only the toys were logically in service and in the spotlight as characters. The withered animatronics were only being used for spare parts and not being advertised. However in 4, there's merchandise of them and they're the ones the protagonist is seeing, meaning they were far more active than parts fodder.

While I wholeheartedly admit the coexistence of all the animatronics in the minigames is a fucking confusing mess I may never definitely understand, there are two possibilities I've heard of - one is that the springlock suits were brought out either as "special occasion" characters or out of necessity - in 2's Night 6 call, Phone Guy mentions none of the animatronics (or at least the ones currently in use) are working right and asks Jeremy to stay close to them on the day shift. It's possible the Toys were locked away for the party, and since the old ones were too damaged to use, the springlocks would need to be brought out.

Another possibility is that the Unreliable Narrator trope is in effect - it's possible these minigames are just flashbacks that we experience after the Bite itself has damaged the kid, so we're seeing it from the perspective of a traumatised and brain-damaged child who had a particular fixation on Fredbear, hence why he's all over the place in pictures and the like.

But again, I'm just as confused about this as everyone else is.

(also a quick Wikipedia search suggests that the kid might not be a vegetable, but will have problems with emotions and decision-making)

Hidden Content

Jeremy was specifically instructed to stay close to the animatronics. There's no way the kids would've been able to pull that stunt so easily unless we want to say he suddenly became complacent, and while it's viable it relies too much on speculation. It also fails to take into account the timeline of the springlock suits' discontinuation.

I'm also willing to chalk it up to unreliable narration and even a plothole. The simple fact that every animatronic is walking around literally fucks everything up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

This is why I gave up trying to figure it out. Both the years 83 and 87 were hinted at before the games release, meaning that Scott clearly wanted people to remember those years as importance. But with all the conflict created from what he has shown, it has created confusion. It's the Zelda timeline all over again.

The more I see of this series, the more I find myself thinking that not even Scott knows what the actual story is. There seem to be so many inconsistencies and (possibly) errors coming up.

The biggest ones I'm seeing is the supposed idea that the events of FNAF 4 and FNAF 2 are closer together than we thought with the presence of Mangle and possibly some of the toy animatronics, and the game showing what certainly looks like a candidate for the 'bite of 87' (which I don't buy for a moment)

At this point, I honestly think that Scott is just making everything up as he goes along and having a bit of a laugh with it. With every new bit of information, everything seems to become more convoluted and confusing instead of more clear. Kind of like how somebody tries to keep making up lies to cover themselves on something.

At the end of it all, I'd LOVE to be proved wrong and for there to be some kind of official release that coherently and magically explains everything. At the moment, I honestly don't think there's a story that we can put together to make remote sense anymore. Especially with all the new details coming out of this game.

There isn't really a way to put together the story because the story is still incomplete. We still have the Halloween DLC.

So...there's...

An 8th night. Type 20202020 in the Extras menu and "Nightmare" shall change into "20/20/20/20"

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125324016601749408

Well, I think I know now, but it will be very different from what you may be expecting, so I'm asking you all to trust me that I'm going to make something really cool for you!

EDIT: Whatever I release on Halloween will most likely NOT expand upon FNaF4; I'm happy with it as it is. And no it won't be a sequel either. ;)

EDIT: Also won't be a prequel.

Fucking what

So is it just gonna be a reskin, or what?

Maybe it's his official explanantion on how the story goes in all its details, so we can finally stop the speculations and have to see MatPat videos.

Please be an explanation, please let it be an explanation! It'll finally stop the 83 vs 87 comment wars that seem to be happening on the internet. And MatPat won't lose his sanity over this game series for once.

Off topic, but have we discussed the fan game Five Nights at Candy's here? It's pretty cool, I'd believe it if someone told me that Scott Cawthon himself aided in the making of it. Everything in the game is modeled gorgeously, like most FNAF fan games, it's a throwback to the original, both tone wise and gameplay wise, and overall, it's a damn impressive fan game. I'm actually interested in trying it out.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/c8199c98141a4fa7c4e4256eda220182/tumblr_ns4er49srS1upw3dmo1_1280.png

So the website was updated with this. But of course there's more to it (soz for small size):

http://36.media.tumblr.com/bf816f4c9edd930c36e765f065d7db8b/tumblr_ns4er49srS1upw3dmo2_250.png

Even if it's just a teaser for the Halloween DLC and nothing more, the ride never ends!

Is the audio for this still broken. Only at my house we're still having problems trying to hear the breathing noises on night 2.