Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Looking closely, Spring-Bonnie's eyelashes don't seem to be as thick as Toy Chica's or Toy Foxy's. I think they're meant to be more like Toy Bonnie's (which makes sense, given that in 4 we saw a gold Toy Bonnie-shaped head).

Am I the only one who thinks the FNAF story is just made up as Cawthon goes along, hotpotching ideas and trying to weave a vague narrative? The games are entertaining and I like MatPat, been a long term fan of Game Theory, but the storyline is so underdeveloped, I think it's funny people take it so seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say it's a bit of both pre-planning and some amount of on-the-fly invention.  I don't get the impression Scott Cawthon thought the series would continue past the first entry, but threads start to develop after that.  I absolutely believe that FNAF4 was planned as a more straightforward "Bite of '87" story and then reworked to be something a bit different.

Am I the only one who thinks the FNAF story is just made up as Cawthon goes along, hotpotching ideas and trying to weave a vague narrative? The games are entertaining and I like MatPat, been a long term fan of Game Theory, but the storyline is so underdeveloped, I think it's funny people take it so seriously.

trust me you aren't the only one.

I have gone over this idea in my head a couple of times and really the only things I can come up with is that fnaf 1 for sure was likely designed that way seeing as how it got extremely popular as a result of course the fans demanded more so he started working on fnaf 2 its possible he got a very basic summery of how the story would come out but i'm pretty sure stuff like phantom BB golden Freddie and nightmare cupcake were made due to the fans wanting more of those specific animatronics/phantoms

Scott was making things up as he went along, but that isn't indicative of a story without merit or reason for investment. FNAF 1 was pretty self-contained. The newspaper clippings about five kids being murdered in an establishment where five animatronics are acting demonically sells itself. It wasn't filled to the brim with detail, but the implication was there that you could make a logical connection. Had FNAF not been successful, it could've still stood on its own narrative. But since it blew up, he had room to logically expand upon the ambiguity he deliberately introduced- What was the Bite of '87, how long has this been going on, who is the killer, and other questions. Just because he didn't actually plan out four games from the outset (and no one really does) doesn't mean the story is subsequently not to be discussed and debated.

• Thumbs Up 9

Exactly.  Even if he were making each game up on the fly, there would be nothing to stop him from drawing connections backwards to previous games.

So, this latest update has brought us Withered Freddy and Withered Foxy, Phantom Mangle, Nightmare, and Nightmare Bonnie.  We're also getting a better look at some of the characters we couldn't see clearly before, like Spring Bonnie and Mangle... and Toy Foxy's hook, which doesn't really fit the rest of the design, ha ha.

Remaining are Freddy, Phantom Freddy, withered Golden Freddy, Chica, Nightmare Chica, and Nightmare Foxy, if I'm correct?  Sounds like only one or two updates left, unless there are more peripheral characters I don't know about... which is very possible.

6m8MTZt.jpg

Oh shit.

The paper plates and ghosts want some screentime too!

So... 3D Purple Man Atari sprite confirmed?

• Thumbs Up 2

Now FNaF1 Chica is more obviously a girl than she was before (#ThanksEyelashs). She and Toy Chica don't look too different now.

All this time I kept equating "Withered Freddy" with "Phantom Freddy" and getting myself frustrated because I couldn't find him, which only raises the question of why he isn't included in this picture.

Or I'm still blind as fuck.

All this time I kept equating "Withered Freddy" with "Phantom Freddy" and getting myself frustrated because I couldn't find him, which only raises the question of why he isn't included in this picture.

Hidden Content

your not going blind  phantom freddy just hasn't been added because scott cawthon reasons

that said I completely forgot about the paper plates but its awesome seeing them show up also with the ghost kid in the image i'm nearly 100 % sure sprite purple guy will show up soon

EDIT: just refreshed the page and..fnafworld_(3).thumb.jpg.5f989070ae8b740b

all I have to say is...good bye floating golden Freddie head ;(

Edited by kirby1up
new image
  • Thumbs Up 1

So it's just the Nightmare Cupcake, Nightmare Chica, and Nightmare Foxy left, it looks like?

This is looking like quite the fun hallucination.

The mass negative reaction across Facebook to this just has me rotfl'ing, to use the term.

I don't get it. What's so bad about this? The fast release dates?

Of course he's not going to take years to make a new title. 1) It's his livelihood and 2) they're not that big compared to your standard game.

I really think this franchise would have benefited from calling them all episodes rather than full games.

I really think this franchise would have benefited from calling them all episodes rather than full games.

I've heard an argument that the first game would have been considerably less interesting if it spun itself as an episode; episodic gaming does not have a happy history.  I definitely think that looking at them retroactively as episodes or chapters would be an... accurate way of presenting the series, though.

As far as complaints about FNAF World go, I just think it's a pretty bizarre idea for a game - but Scott's clearly rolling in it by now; he doesn't have to care what anyone thinks.  I don't think you can say he's just making this one for the money, either, considering that it doesn't exactly play to the same audience.

That same fanbase continues to bitch irregardless of what Scott does anyway, so I don't really see much point in trying to find whose shouting is the loudest - as long as the game's objectively good it doesn't really matter.

The complaints largely boil down to:

1. It's not that scary.

2. It's too simplistic (god forbid).

3. There are too many installments.

This is where grade school lessons on the difference between opinion and fact would be useful to remember.

The complaints largely boil down to:

1. It's not that scary.

2. It's too simplistic (god forbid).

3. There are too many installments.

This is where grade school lessons on the difference between opinion and fact would be useful to remember.

so based on complaints 2 and 3 its basically turning into the super Mario series?

I can understand why people are upset that the horror series is becoming less scary (to be fair though I think the fan animations already kinda did that themselves)     that said just because we are getting a cartoony vibe rpg game doesn't mean scott won't sneek in some subtle dark story bits into the game and things might not be as simple as their designs would suggest after all we haven't even seen what the enemy units are designed like (unless some of the animatronics we know of will be enemy units)

as for the installments my only answer to that is "they bought the games and demanded more games so scott made more and something tells me a good chunk of the whiners are going to buy fnaf world when it releases anyways because of whatever reasons they may have"

0X7onLt.jpg?1

>tfw Nightmare Foxy doesn't get cartoony eyes like the other Nightmares