Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

What's this untold story? A game? A movie? An esoteric sex toy? I don't know but I need it

From what I heard, Scott Cawthon is going to write a novel that reveals the untold story of Freddy Fazbear Pizzaria. In other words he's finally revealing the storyline.

• Thumbs Up 4

The plot of Five Nights at Freddy's: The Untold Story is Freddy goes after his real father only to find out it's actually a future version of him.

Edited by JmTsHaW

Looking forward to finally getting some answers! (And actually reading a novel for the first time in about five years)

I'm still holding firm about the Fredbear doll being possessed by the spirit who would later become the Puppet, and the FNaF4 child becoming Golden Freddy.

Fuck, first I bought some Undertale merch, then I bought Sonic Show's book and thinking about getting the one about the Console Wars, now this AND FNAF World. Scott plz, I need some munie for myself for my hunies.......

From what I heard, Scott Cawthon is going to write a novel that reveals the untold story of Freddy Fazbear Pizzaria. In other words he's finally revealing the storyline.

So he's going to go back a bit and just throw everything out there? I was assuming he was going to leave the games as is with no supplementary material afterwards. After all, he still had the audacity to do the whole box thing.

Looking forward to it, if only because I'm curious about whether or not it'll break the base even more. Also banking on the theory that Golden Freddy plush = puppet and child = Golden Freddy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott's posted a short thing about the Novel on a Steam Discussion and for anyone thinking "oh it's gonna be rushed for christmas" (even though how he's been wording it, we probs are getting it by the end of the month), it's been in the works for 10 Months by Scott and a "professional writer". Also, hardback release confirmed for 2016.

Hi guys, I wanted to answer some questions here about the novel so that the forums don't get flooded with questions about it.

This is not something recent; I've been working alongside a professional writer for the last ten months crafting this story, and I'm very excited about the finished product. It expands the mythos and reveals a human element never before seen in the games.

The book will be for Amazon Kindle first, but that doesn't mean you need a Kindle. You can use the Kindle app, which works with iPhone and Android and even your computer. It will also be in stores in hardback for 2016!

• Thumbs Up 2

If he's been working with someone for that amount of time, then it's conceivable that they also helped him in hashing out the later games' plotlines, at least in terms of reconciling things that may have been plotholes or something.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on the dream theory, simply because it would make no sense for Scott to entertain MatPat's own theory about FNAF2's storyline- and to even write a book about it- if essentially none of it was actually real.

It is indeed also lazy writing and I like to think Scott is better than that.

• Thumbs Up 3

We have a concrete release date:

LLj2Nyp.jpg

this obviously means we're getting it tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 6

nevermind, apparently.

Anyway, glad to see that the book's coming out next week. It's gonna be a good read.

Edited by Cuckdose

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on the dream theory

Didn't watch the video because I can't stand his high and mighty tone, but is Matty P now trying to patent the dream theory for himself now? This has been a thing for, like, months now. Geez.

Oh wow, the book is coming out that soon? Nice. I'm optimistic about it since Scott said he's worked with a pro on this for longer than the development of any of his recent games. This gonna be good.

So "The Untold Story" was just a placeholder. The real title is "The Silver Eyes"... odd, but whatever :U

5Oy17u6.jpg

A Redditor speculates that "Silver Eyes" refers to the cameras. Makes sense. :U

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

...really? I figured it just referred to that whitish reflection you see in the animatronic's eyes when they're in the dark.

486.png

When I saw the words "Silver Eyes" Purple Guy came to mind. Could this be the story that finally gives information on the mysterious Purple Guy.

So Scott's being Scott again, and the paperback's out now.

Based on the bestselling horror video game series, Five Nights at Freddy’s follows a young woman named Charlotte, who reunites with her childhood friends on the anniversary of the tragedy that ripped their town apart. It’s been exactly ten years since the murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and Charlotte, who goes by the name Charlie, has spent the last ten years trying to forget. Her father had owned Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and had built its four adult-sized animatronic animals. After meeting up with her friends, curiosity leads them back to the old pizza place, and they find it hidden, but still standing. They discover a way inside, but things are not as they used to be: the four mascots that delighted and entertained them as children have changed. The animatronic animals have a dark secret, and a murderous agenda.

Funnily enough, this time it's not even his fault:

Well, this time is wasn't entirely my fault. Amazon has somewhat of a messy release date system. All you can do is click "publish", after which it will go live in 3-5 days (says the website). So based on that, I published it today. Well so much for 3-5 days; it went live immediately. ;)

• Thumbs Up 6

Whelp, people had read the novel and grew extremely confused because the novel didn't really tie into the games that well, it in fact describes certain events in the game completely different.. People was wondering if the book was even canon and Scott himself had finally given an answer concerning the Five Nights at Freddy's lore.

The truth is that after a while lore can become so dense that there isn't room for a story anymore. Another truth is that what makes for a good game doesn't necessarily make for a good book. Sometimes a timeline gets so full that the only way to tell a real story is have the story set in a different timeline, an alternate universe, a different location, or perhaps from a vantage point that isn't entirely what it appears to be.

Well, shoot. So much for getting all the answers. 

Ah, well. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the book for what it is.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I'd recommend it, especially the Kindle version which is only like $3/£1. Though you can tell it's an alternate universe-kinda-sorta-maybe thing at the end. Without giving anything away, it's probably the only thing in the series that's not merely improbable, but outright contradictory to something established before.