Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Yeah, it's pretty good. I'd recommend it, especially the Kindle version which is only like $3/£1. Though you can tell it's an alternate universe-kinda-sorta-maybe thing at the end. Without giving anything away, it's probably the only thing in the series that's not merely improbable, but outright contradictory to something established before.

Based on what I read it seems takes place in a universe where FNAF 3 (and FNAF 2 & 4... maybe?) never happen. Though it makes you wonder, how different the events happened if the other games possibly never happened in the novel universe.

All you had to do was recount the four games and the implied story inbetween them in a direct, linear timeline. That's literally all you had to do Scott.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I'd recommend it, especially the Kindle version which is only like $3/£1. Though you can tell it's an alternate universe-kinda-sorta-maybe thing at the end. Without giving anything away, it's probably the only thing in the series that's not merely improbable, but outright contradictory to something established before.

Well, darn. Did it at least reveal something new about the overarching villain of the series?

We learn a few things about him, actually (naturally, spoilers):

• He's not purple(!).
  • His name's William Afton, but for much of the actual plot he goes by the alias Dave Miller.
  • He was one of the co-founders of Fredbear's Family Diner and Freddy Fazbear's Pizza along with Charlotte's father, Henry.
  • Back during the murders, he was fat and looked almost happy, but by this story he's become lean, sallow and poorly shaven. Also, he has several scars from using the Spring Bonnie animatronic.
  • He may or may not be a violent murderer because of a crappy/empty life.
  • He's either somehow aware of the fact that his victims live on in the animatronics, coco for Cocoa Puffs, or both.
  • He dies at the end in a manner directly contradicting that of how he dies in 3 (the animatronics are intact, there are actual people there etc.)

EDIT: Also, Scott's made the book's canonical status in relation to the games clearer (it's not, it follows its own thing), so it's entirely probable all of the above doesn't apply to the game version of the guy at all:

<No quote here. The forum apparantely hates me.>

• Thumbs Up 3

Who's up for some FNAF merchandise?

We'll be seeing a whole lot more of Freddy Fazbear and friends in the early months of 2016. Funko toys has announced its new line of Five Nights at Freddy's branded merchandise (actual merchandise based off of an imaginary franchise, how postmodern!)

The announcement promises a wide range of collectibles, including plushies, action figures, vinyl figures, and the always popular Mystery Mini blind boxes so you can spend all your money chasing down the last figure you need to complete your collection. Funko, in its never-ending campaign to assimilate and re-sell all geek and gamer culture, plans to spread out the release of the goods, starting in March 2016 for their Pop! Pen Toppers which feature the heads of the main characters (and questionably...the cupcake). April will see the release of keychains that feature Foxy, Bonnie, Freddy, Chica, and a dubious looking Springtrap. The rest of the teased merchandise is set for release in May.

fred-noscale.jpgbonny-noscale.jpgchica-noscale.jpgfoxy-noscale.jpggolden-noscale.jpgpoppers-noscale.jpgpack-noscale.jpgpack2-noscale.jpgminifigs-noscale.jpgplushies-noscale.jpgfredplush-noscale.jpgfoxplush-noscale.jpg

I gotta collect all those action figures! (Especially Fredbear F--kboy)

On another note, does anyone know how many stars are in FNaF 4 (post-Halloween update), and how to acquire the new ones? I've been searching for a complete playthrough and come up with bupkis.

• 2 weeks later...

Your main man Cawthon, is still working on FNAF World.

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! 

So apparently some people were expecting FNaF World to drop at midnight last night! ;) That's not exactly what I meant when I said 2016, although if the game had been ready I think that would have been pretty cool! 

In reality though, I'm still busy adding more content to the game. It's become a bigger game than I'd first planned it to be, but that's a good thing! I'm busy adding power-ups and shops, as well as a few different ways to beat the game. I'm also busy creating secret bosses! ;) Since I'm still planning on this being the last FNaF game, I want it to be a really great experience. 

I'm not ready to announce the exact release date yet, but stay tuned! 

But wow, FNAF World may be the last FNAF game? Well I guess it depends on how successful it'll be but this may be the end of the line.

Aww.... There go my hopes of a kart-racing spinoff and a FNaFB crossover.

Let's hope Scott ends this series on a high note! (Considering the FNaF series is four-for-four thus far, I have faith in him.)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mark your days for February 19 folks cause ol' Scotty boy dropped the release date yesterday!

Hi everyone! I wanted to provide a few updates on several things!

First of all, I apologize for the lack of updates on the websites. My old faithful computer (which I used to make FNaF 1-4) finally died the other day. I had all of my work on FNaF World backed up, of course, but it's still quite a delay to get a new machine and reconfigure software, etc. I hope to be back up and running soon!

FNaF World is coming along very well, despite these delays, and I plan on releasing it February 19th on Steam, and then for Android and iPhone in the following weeks! I will also release a demo on GameJolt!

In other news, I had a new addition to my family today- a baby boy! I'm typing this from the hospital now, as a matter of fact! So obviously, that has kept me a little busy as well! :)

Stay tuned for more updates!

• Thumbs Up 5

New screenshots:

"Porkpatch"

http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/games/1/46/45893/thumb_620x2000/Porkpatch.jpg

"TwoLevelsDown"

TwoLevelsDown

And... "ImHere"

ImHere

Brightening that last one reveals... nothing.

Looks like when Mat said "he's here, he's there, he's everywhere," he meant it in more ways than one :U

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh shiet.

I won't make it to Feb 19th.

Clear your schedules for this weekend. ;)

The Fazfuck Express is rocketing into the station early.

Again.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it was reasonable to assume that he'd actually stick to a release date since he wasn't able to put out the demo by Halloween. That alone skewed expectations about the size of the game and how much work he had on his plate. But Scott sticks true to his reputation once again. Not sure if I want to buy it so soon however. I'm trying to save up for a large purchase and need to be focused. ><

• Thumbs Up 1

My dong is ready for the cute-ified inhaling. 

...Wait, I still don't have a gaming PC. Shoot. Better avoid looking up anything FNaF-related for the next six months.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't buy 4 so yeah.

I'm gonna wait for a few videos of it to surface before deciding whether I'm gonna buy it or not when it's out.

^ That's a shame. 4 is probably- mechanics wise- the most fun one next to 2 which is just a multitasking madness. It's also probably the most solid entry in the entire series in regards to the polish, with far fewer deaths coming down to the animatronics doing things you simply cannot respond to.

• Thumbs Up 4

whoa.... dem graphics

This is the pinnacle of video game graphics, we as a species will never top this game. Why even bother releasing any more video games after FNAF world? everything else will look like the atari 2600 had a child with the game.com, and that child shat out a video game. Nothing will top this

• Thumbs Up 1