Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

So, after beating the game on normal mode and nearly doing so again on hard, I can say that this is a fantastic game! Graphics and music are lovely, the battle system is fun and frantic, and I love all the nods to the original franchise! 

Spring Bonnie and Funtime Foxy are ridiculously OP. Even on low levels, they helped my team tear through late-game enemies and bosses like a knife through hot butter! My final team is Nightmare, Springtrap, Funtime Foxy, and Nightmare Foxy for my front lines, and Spring Bonnie, Phantom Chica, Crying Child, and Withered Freddy for my backup. Coupled with the Shield Chip, attacking Bytes, and the Pearl power-up, I never come close to losing all my characters!

But I will admit that the game isn't perfect. The load times are even worse than Sonic 06's, the framerate got pretty jittery late-game, and I encountered a bug where some of my character's moves just wouldn't register despite my clicking on them. Also, characters would inexplicably turn invisible during battle, only to reappear on their next turn.

That being said, I think this is a wonderful swan song to the FNaF franchise, though I really hope Scott changes his mind and gives us a few more spinoffs. (Maybe collaborate with big developers)

Also, can anyone tell me how many endings are in the game and how to unlock each of them? (Without giving away the endings themselves)

While personally, my winning team is:

1st: Funtime Foxy, Endo 2, Withered Bonnie and RXQ (Shadow Bonnie)

2nd: Endo 1, Crying Child, Nightmare Fredbear and Nightmare Foxy

With the chips; Auto Mimic, Curse Status, Auto Shield and Auto Giftboxes and for bytes, the expensive Boss Drain byte, the best Med Pack byte and the better Reaper bytes since you can instakill bosses. 

As for the endings, there's your typical Normal Ending.

-The Hard Mode ending (better spam those giftboxes mate)

-If you look at the map for the larger cave, to the left you can see a hidden area. To access that area, go to the cave up Lilygear Lake. 

-I wonder what happens if you have Fredbear in your top slot and talk to the Fredbear guiding your way?

-I wonder what happens if you wait a bit when you're done talking to Fredbear (hint: there'll be minigames based on the ones from FNAF3)

-Also there's actually a glitched object in the 3rd glitch world, which can be found when you use the glitches to get to Pinwheel Circus (so pretty much the last place you go through glitched objects)

Hope those tips help ya out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Giving this thread a little bumpity-bump with a merch update!

Remember Sanshee's incredible Freddy, Bonnie, and Foxy plushies? Well...

Spoiler

CbXaHEyUUAAVmDm.jpgCbc0t4jVIAAGvZx.jpg

CbhiMroUMAAuhFj.jpg

Mark your calendars (and prepare a funeral for your wallets) for next Monday, 2/22!

So FNAF World's getting another update - now with Halloween-ey animatronics and violent violet killers:

wEdV9i1.jpg

And don't think I don't see you there, Coffee. Hiding behind Phantom Foxy on some weird plane of reality :U

EDIT: New IndieDB screenshot (contains slight spoilers):

Spoiler

Character Select

Also, this isn't strictly FNaF-related, but Mr. Cawthon's Wild Ride begns anew!

Spoiler

wpmZX9j.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

The Halloween characters got a "oh cool" kind of reaction from me but I had such a joyful reaction to seeing Coffee that I squealed his name because TDH's my absolute favorite Cawthon game so far. I'm excited to see Scott's new project as well, hoping he's taking a break from the FNAF box and that it's as cool as the Desolate series.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother got me the Bonnie plush from Wal-Mart and apparently according to him, the Golden Freddy plush is a Wal-Mart exclusive.

I'm not sure if the fangames go in this thread, sorry if they don't, but one of the bigger name, better quality (you know, relatively) ones released its sequel like three hours ago.

Five Nights at Candy's 2.

I played Night 1 and just spent the whole time switching Candy between two rooms. And because a couple hundred bucks wasn't a stupid enough reason to risk your life for five nights, now we have "Do it or be seen as a chicken!". 

• 2 weeks later...

The Funko figures are up for pre order in some sites.

http://www.levelupstudios.com/fnaf-figures

Uuughh, why must you be so far from release?? I'm definitely buying the full sized original quintuplet; I really love that they come with parts of Springtrap. Other than the plushies, these are seriously the best toys coming out, with the only inaccuracies being the inclusion of a top row of teeth on the grins of those who only had a bottom row, but I can look past it.

project.JPG has changed again:

xr2bGGR.jpg

What happens when you brighten it?

0IWi6d2.jpg?1

If we put this image and the last one together...

KZuxxTm.png

...it's spelling out a word/sentence, but who knows what it could be.

• 3 weeks later...

Geez, why am I always the one that revives dead threads. Well apparently there's an update on the FNAF World website when you look at it, nothing seems different.

Spoiler

fnafworld.jpg

BUT! If one were to look at the top right corner of the image................

whydoieven.png

Yep, seems like in the second update.... we might be getting some sort of airplane minigame or we could access a new area where we can get characters like the Purple Guy, Chipper, the Coffee Machine and etc.

What do I know, I'm not Cawthon.

What is going on with this franchise?

It went from horror games to suddenly bright and friendly. I don't know, it's kind of a weird thing to do because the only time I've ever seen something like that happen is through Deviantart galleries or something.

I personally don't really mind it, I mean sure it's kind of jarring to see killer animatronics become the cutest of things ever but I don't know, I got over it.

well for those that missed this here's what was on scottgames.com on april 1st

Image result for fnaf 57

also check out who i found at gamestop yesterday

(insert box of toy freddy's picture here)

some of the other funko collectables were also at gamestop as well

so it might be a good idea to check your local stores in the area for them

Edited by kirby1up
needed more attachment space sorry toy freddy photo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

well we now know what the new game will be on

and heres what i got when i brightened up the image

Related image

can we go back to getting jumpscared by the nightmare animatronics again?

cause's i think i've found my nightmare fuel for tonight...

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh boy, the FNAF ride never ends!

Really curious to see what this location has to offer? Will we finally see Five Nights at Slippy's in its truest from?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm guessing this new title will be its own story/the beginning of a spinoff series.

Scott insisted that the original FNaF story is complete. But I guess he changed his mind about FNaF World being the final game in the franchise. Here's hoping this new title's good, and that we get more spinoffs. (Still waiting on that officially licenced FNaFB rerelease)

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm guessing the new series might have a slightly different title to gesture towards the illusion of it being separate.  The visual style does look somewhat distinct, but at the same time it also reminds me of one of the innumerable FNaF imitations...

Didn't FNAF3 mention in passing there being a "sister location"? Looks like we will be seeing if this what Scott was hinting at.

Sister location?

Ruri_and_Yuri_zpszoggmo7x.jpg

Evil animatronics?

opX4x7X_zpsynkhnluo.png

This may as well be called Yugioh Arc V the spooky game edition.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoping this is just a brand new spin off series with it's own lore, rather than FNAF 5. But I'm pumped for another "real" FNAF game regardless. Can't wait to see what Scott has in store for us this time around! I'm still waiting on that full 3D survival horror game though. :P

Well Scott did say that the main story of FNAF is done but he didn't say he couldn't add more lore to said story? Unless that adding more details counts as continuing the main story then idk. I guess Scott changed his mind if that's the case.

I just hope he doesn't stop continuing making updates for FNAF World, especially since he teased a new area recently. And still can't wait for the second FNAF book, you guys really need to read it. It's pretty damn good!

Hopefully Scott will actually take his time on this one. I know he has a terrible habit of releasing things early (even accidentally), but he has months till October to work on this. And maybe he can actually do an engine switch while he's at it.

• Thumbs Up 3

So ol' Scotty boy gave some insight on the development on Sister Location. Here's what he has to say

No more early release dates. Instead, from now on, if I finish the game early then I'll spend the extra time polishing the game and adding features.

I would enjoy posting more of the development process, but I fear it would take some of the fun and mystery out of the game when it's released. I'm planning on including a lot more material in the extras about the development process for this game. :)

So there you have it folks, Scott will now take the time needed for any future installments of FNAF but we'll just see.

Also for those wondering if he's still making updates for FNAF World.

FNaF World was no one's fault but mine. However, I'm working to make it great. And that part I do for free, and that part I'm doing 100% for fans of the game.

Although it seems like having 2 gaming projects is pretty difficult for the guy.

I won't lie, having two game projects is exhausting, but it will be worth it when update 2 is finished!

But it looks like he is planning for a FNAF World mobile release!

When I'm finished updating it then I still plan on mobile releases. :)

If you just read through Scott's posts, you actually gain a lot of interesting details about the development of FNAF and how he deals with his crazier fans.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999919255/posthistory/?p=1

Like did you know that Nightmare Fredbear took him a week to make the model of while Shadow Bonnie was as easy as dipping Toy Bonnie in black.