Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

2 minutes ago, Soni.exe said:

So I just got the demo and suffice to say, I can see why it's the most disturbing FNaF game of all time!

Too mature for Steam!

Well, I'm not sleeping tonight.

On a different note, so that's what you sound like. Now I can stop reading your posts in Freddy F--kboy's voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

Well, I'm not sleeping tonight.

On a different note, so that's what you sound like. Now I can stop reading your posts in Freddy F--kboy's voice.

I actually wouldn't mind if you continue to read what I say in the ol' Fuckboy tone, it works either way.

If you're still somehow not aware of what's going on; he's fooling around as per usual. 

EDIT: (As most of you have figured out, the game's not delayed, see you Friday) ;) 

Scott really did mean it when he said he's releasing the game on time.

7dc3de4f1a9620293003195edd502f55.png 

He must be asleep right now since there'd be a release image on his site by now.

I've been refreshing the hell out of this page in case it releases earlier than it says it will because I'm honestly really looking forward to it. It's got about a year of dev time since the last game, what seems to be allowence of the player to walk around from room to room, and the tone seems to be a mix of FNAF1 with a smaller bit of FNAF3. Who else has their Steam wallet ready for Freddy?

Biting my nails. Don't know if I should buy it right now (dat sale tho') or wait for Markiplier to fail later today so I don't get immediately eaten. Either way, I'm excited beyond belief.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm on night 2, it's actually pretty straight forward so far, but it brings the scares like FNAF1 did.

The presentation in this game's great, it'll have you both shivering in fear AND chuckling.

Spoiler

Freddy's voice, my god, I've never giggled like a school girl so much playing a FNAF game.

If you were hoping there'd be switching between rooms and even more Fazbear management dark humor, you wont be dissapointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Razzbowski already started his playthrough of it and 7 minutes in and I'm blown away a how good the game looks, amazing!

So I got the game.... Jesus Christ this game is tense. Keep getting eaten by Ballora. x.x

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Soni.exe said:

Razzbowski already started his playthrough of it and 7 minutes in and I'm blown away a how good the game looks, amazing!

Jesus's can that guy shut up for like 5 seconds? I get he's excited but damn. I'll never understand the appeal of dudes like this.

Night 4 can eat a dick. I get what I'm supposd to do, but it's just not practical at all. If only there was a skip code.

Oh my god, there's a secret in the game that reveals a secret about a past game, completely subverting the plot. You'll see, it's mind blowing.

Oh god, I've watched all the videos covering every secret in the game and I think the FNAF storyline now even makes even less sense now. If Scott keeps it up, he's going to end up breaking MatPat as he tries to piece the whole thing together.

Quite a change in formula. Jumpscares are still there, but Scott did a good job adapting this to something besides "stay in one area and try to avoid being murdered."

Now, as for those endings:

Fairly straightforward on the Bad ending. Legitimately horrifying... never mind the fact chances are you're just braindead, since they'd need the body to remain alive to make use of it for long. Baby did say "you'll live," after all...

Then you have the Good ending... it honestly feels dissatisfying. How the Hell did Ennard come home with you? Is he hostile? Is he a hallucination? Is Baby inside it now?

Now here's another thing... it looks like Ballora has already been destroyed, as confirmed by when you enter the Scooper Room. So... could you just go back to the main room? Has anyone tried this yet? If you CAN still get jumpscared by Ballora, well I'm sorry Scott, but that's an awful oversight and a plot hole created for the sake of railroading.

I guess the biggest hint Baby is manipulating you is how she says she's learned how to pretend. She thinks on a higher level than her caveman "HUMAN SMASH" friends and realizes a human's body is the key to escaping.

5 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Quite a change in formula. Jumpscares are still there, but Scott did a good job adapting this to something besides "stay in one area and try to avoid being murdered."

Now, as for those endings:

Hide contents

Fairly straightforward on the Bad ending. Legitimately horrifying... never mind the fact chances are you're just braindead, since they'd need the body to remain alive to make use of it for long. Baby did say "you'll live," after all...

Then you have the Good ending... it honestly feels dissatisfying. How the Hell did Ennard come home with you? Is he hostile? Is he a hallucination? Is Baby inside it now?

Now here's another thing... it looks like Ballora has already been destroyed, as confirmed by when you enter the Scooper Room. So... could you just go back to the main room? Has anyone tried this yet? If you CAN still get jumpscared by Ballora, well I'm sorry Scott, but that's an awful oversight and a plot hole created for the sake of railroading.

I guess the biggest hint Baby is manipulating you is how she says she's learned how to pretend. She thinks on a higher level than her caveman "HUMAN SMASH" friends and realizes a human's body is the key to escaping.

I actually can explain the two endings.

Spoiler

In the credits, there's hidden text in both credits. The one where Ennard follows you home says "Fake Ending" while the one with the scooper says "Real Ending." So in other words, the ending where Afton (yeah if you go for the fake ending it seems to indicate you're playing as Afton) get "scooped" and Baby (or Ennard but that's a whole other theory) takes his place and plays "pretend" is the canon ending.

To be honest?

For a guy that likes to leave people guessing, that seems really contrived to force a single ending on people. I can understand if he's planning a sequel, but he's fairly well-known for leaving bits and pieces untied, and the continuity never seemed too rigid. You got a general flow of events, but he largely only put the frame together. He let you create the painting.

Never mind he's doing it wrong. :P The easy, obvious ending in pretty much anything isn't canon. The hard/hidden/unlockable/whatever ending is supposed to be canon.

Yes, I understand the idea the "Real" ending is more grimdark and that's awesome because it's a horror series and all, but it still feels contrived.

6 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

To be honest?

Hide contents

For a guy that likes to leave people guessing, that seems really contrived to force a single ending on people. I can understand if he's planning a sequel, but he's fairly well-known for leaving bits and pieces untied, and the continuity never seemed too rigid. You got a general flow of events, but he largely only put the frame together. He let you create the painting.

Never mind he's doing it wrong. :P The easy, obvious ending in pretty much anything isn't canon. The hard/hidden/unlockable/whatever ending is supposed to be canon.

Yes, I understand the idea the "Real" ending is more grimdark and that's awesome because it's a horror series and all, but it still feels contrived.

You know what's even crazier...

Spoiler

Apparently before the game came out Scott has been building up clues that this whole time, Purple Guy aka William Afton never was truly human. In the book Silver Eyes (yeah I know the book does take place in an alternate timeline but some details have crossed over to the games), the main character Charlie noted how strange William Afton's eyes were, describing them as glassy-like, much like the ones in the animatronics he created. With the scooper ending be the real ending it seems to tie into this detail by drawing attention to his eyes at the ending which my brother pointed out did match Springtrap's eyes. So in other words the Purple Guy that committed the murders was in truth an animatronic (or group of animatronics, another theory) all along while the real Purple Guy died in the Sister Location.

Geeze I can't believe this, I'm having a hard time swallowing this. If the animatronic was wearing his skin all this time, wouldn't it have decayed already? I know FNAF has crossed the lines of disbelief before but this is ridiculous!

24 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

You know what's even crazier...

Hide contents

Apparently before the game came out Scott has been building up clues that this whole time, Purple Guy aka William Afton never was truly human. In the book Silver Eyes (yeah I know the book does take place in an alternate timeline but some details have crossed over to the games), the main character Charlie noted how strange William Afton's eyes were, describing them as glassy-like, much like the ones in the animatronics he created. With the scooper ending be the real ending it seems to tie into this detail by drawing attention to his eyes at the ending which my brother pointed out did match Springtrap's eyes. So in other words the Purple Guy that committed the murders was in truth an animatronic (or group of animatronics, another theory) all along while the real Purple Guy died in the Sister Location.

Geeze I can't believe this, I'm having a hard time swallowing this. If the animatronic was wearing his skin all this time, wouldn't it have decayed already? I know FNAF has crossed the lines of disbelief before but this is ridiculous!

If I'm not mistaken Baby said something along the lines of "you'll live." So it's quite possible that the body is still alive, but the personality is not. This goes back to the first game's comments about the "frontal lobe." It's possible the Scooper didn't actually remove all the organs and the like, just enough of the brain to eliminate the personality while leaving vital functions intact. The fact Baby had you remove her chip but wanted you to destroy her body indicates they didn't really plan to squeeze that much into the protagonist's body.

Leaving the body mostly intact would explain why there's not a bunch of mashed up robotic parts inside Springtrap, as well.

Though this all comes screeching to a halt if we get some hints as to what year this game takes place in. Scott's well aware what he does by being vague about timeframes. Any plot connection we make can be undone in an instant.

Plus there's another issue: if Afton is the designer of the machines, why would he be a rank and file technician? We all know the FNAF World is a bit messed up, but that seems really eyebrow raising.

2 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Hide contents

If I'm not mistaken Baby said something along the lines of "you'll live." So it's quite possible that the body is still alive, but the personality is not. This goes back to the first game's comments about the "frontal lobe." It's possible the Scooper didn't actually remove all the organs and the like, just enough of the brain to eliminate the personality while leaving vital functions intact. The fact Baby had you remove her chip but wanted you to destroy her body indicates they didn't really plan to squeeze that much into the protagonist's body.

Leaving the body mostly intact would explain why there's not a bunch of mashed up robotic parts inside Springtrap, as well.

Though this all comes screeching to a halt if we get some hints as to what year this game takes place in. Scott's well aware what he does by being vague about timeframes. Any plot connection we make can be undone in an instant.

There's one possible hint...

Spoiler

When you are trying to achieve the fake ending, you'll notice there's a keypad on the wall. Type in the number "1983" and it reveals the setting for FNAF 4, showing three cameras, 2 in the child's bedroom and 1 in the hallway where you play the minigame with plushtrap. My brother also noted that the Fredbear plush on the desk had a walkie-talkie.

40 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

There's one possible hint...

Hide contents

When you are trying to achieve the fake ending, you'll notice there's a keypad on the wall. Type in the number "1983" and it reveals the setting for FNAF 4, showing three cameras, 2 in the child's bedroom and 1 in the hallway where you play the minigame with plushtrap. My brother also noted that the Fredbear plush on the desk had a walkie-talkie.

That mostly just leaves the question of why a presumably very brilliant designer would be relegated to technician duty, especially when it's implied this is a new employee. If Mr. Afton is the Purple Guy, then it doesn't add up, because it would be very weird to treat him like your average employee.

Something else regarding the Purple Guy theory, though: Handy mentions that Freddy Fazbear's pizza was tragically closed. This would place the game after FNAF 1. It's possible Purple Guy decided to go to this new location after the old one closed down (given the chance he was behind two rounds of child murders and probably wanted more), but that would mean this would just make Springtrap be animatronics using Purple Guy's body, rather than Purple Guy himself. So, one mass murderer was replaced with another murderer, who the deceased children possessing the old animatronics tried to kill under the assumption it was the original murderer.

I think it's possible the lifeless eyes comparison was meant to depict Purple Guy as a sociopath, rather than being partially an animatronic himself. The protagonist of Sister Location is just some poor guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In short, assuming the books' information is canon: Mr. Afton, the Purple Guy, was a brilliant designer who also murdered several children. At some point he designed the animatronics we see in Sister Location. Given the animatronics had murderous tendencies long before ghostly possession entered the fray, I can see him deciding creating more animatronics would be a way to sate his desires, while avoiding doing the deed himself, thus avoiding arrest.

16 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Hide contents

That mostly just leaves the question of why a presumably very brilliant designer would be relegated to technician duty, especially when it's implied this is a new employee. If Mr. Afton is the Purple Guy, then it doesn't add up, because it would be very weird to treat him like your average employee.

Something else regarding the Purple Guy theory, though: Handy mentions that Freddy Fazbear's pizza was tragically closed. This would place the game after FNAF 1. It's possible Purple Guy decided to go to this new location after the old one closed down (given the chance he was behind two rounds of child murders and probably wanted more), but that would mean this would just make Springtrap be animatronics using Purple Guy's body, rather than Purple Guy himself. So, one mass murderer was replaced with another murderer, who the deceased children possessing the old animatronics tried to kill under the assumption it was the original murderer.

I think it's possible the lifeless eyes comparison was meant to depict Purple Guy as a sociopath, rather than being partially an animatronic himself. The protagonist of Sister Location is just some poor guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're just going full on debate here. XD

Spoiler

Supposedly he's not there to work but rather for his daughter. While trying to get the fake ending, Baby brings this up quite a bit and even to the point she starts talking with his daughter's voice as she begs him to let her in the room. People think Afton is the girl's father because in one of the cutscenes she says something along the lines of "Didn't you built her for me?" His daughter was of course killed during an ice-cream incident since the last cutscene is her finally going to see Baby despite her father constantly telling her not to and her wondering where the other children are. During Night 3, if you hide under the desk again Baby will tell you of a place she once came from where children would come to see her and oddly enough she would be aware of how many children were in the room. When the girl went to her and was alone in the room, Baby said she didn't feel like herself anymore and she opened up her stomach to present ice-cream and didn't do anything until the girl got closer. I assume that the ice-cream dispenser snapped closed and trapped the girl inside since Baby mentioned hearing her screams for a moment and how the other children who came rushing into the room to see Baby couldn't hear the screams.

I hadn't figured out why Afton wanted to go there since all Baby said was "Isn't that why you came here? Didn't you came here to be with her again?"

39 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

We're just going full on debate here. XD

Hide contents

Supposedly he's not there to work but rather for his daughter. While trying to get the fake ending, Baby brings this up quite a bit and even to the point she starts talking with his daughter's voice as she begs him to let her in the room. People think Afton is the girl's father because in one of the cutscenes she says something along the lines of "Didn't you built her for me?" His daughter was of course killed during an ice-cream incident since the last cutscene is her finally going to see Baby despite her father constantly telling her not to and her wondering where the other children are. During Night 3, if you hide under the desk again Baby will tell you of a place she once came from where children would come to see her and oddly enough she would be aware of how many children were in the room. When the girl went to her and was alone in the room, Baby said she didn't feel like herself anymore and she opened up her stomach to present ice-cream and didn't do anything until the girl got closer. I assume that the ice-cream dispenser snapped closed and trapped the girl inside since Baby mentioned hearing her screams for a moment and how the other children who came rushing into the room to see Baby couldn't hear the screams.

I hadn't figured out why Afton wanted to go there since all Baby said was "Isn't that why you came here? Didn't you came here to be with her again?"

That would explain things the most. Handy shows evidence of being on the fritz, so he might just assume you're a technician and not anyone special.

This would change the dynamic around a little. If we assume Afton is Purple Guy and already killed the children, that would mean that the children's ghosts go after Ennard in Purple Guy's body.

This begs a question: how would Ennard (in Purple Guy's body) know to go and destroy the animatronics at the closed down location?

I can only assume "Afton" was chosen as a nod, or there's some serious shenanigans going on here.

20 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Hide contents

That would explain things the most. Handy shows evidence of being on the fritz, so he might just assume you're a technician and not anyone special.

This would change the dynamic around a little. If we assume Afton is Purple Guy and already killed the children, that would mean that the children's ghosts go after Ennard in Purple Guy's body.

This begs a question: how would Ennard (in Purple Guy's body) know to go and destroy the animatronics at the closed down location?

I can only assume "Afton" was chosen as a nod, or there's some serious shenanigans going on here.

Spoiler

Well Baby did have knowledge about the Springlock suits at least. I haven't made sense of what she said yet since it kind of confuses me. "Try not to wriggle. You're inside something that came from my old pizzeria. I don't think it was ever used... at least not the way it was meant to be used." Then there's the fact that Baby strangely knew how the Springlock suit operated since she even warned Afton (I guess I'll use his name as a placeholder for now since he's the most solid clue we got so far) about it. "I'd recommend you'd keep the springlocks wound up. Your breathing and heartrate is causing them to come loose. You don't want them to get too loose, trust me."

This is why I pretty much said that I can't seem to get an idea of what the storyline is anymore, just one confusing fact after another.

I think it's pretty telling that the digital edition of the book was apparently ridden with spelling and grammatical errors galore.

I think Scott has the ability to tell an interesting story, but he probably needs to have someone looking over his shoulder to make sure it all ties together nicely. It's quite possible fans will know the story and lore better than him, remembering every tiny detail, details that he himself might have forgotten and overlooked.

17 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

I think it's pretty telling that the digital edition of the book was apparently ridden with spelling and grammatical errors galore.

I think Scott has the ability to tell an interesting story, but he probably needs to have someone looking over his shoulder to make sure it all ties together nicely. It's quite possible fans will know the story and lore better than him, remembering every tiny detail, details that he himself might have forgotten and overlooked.

Yeah, I kind of suspected that for a while now ever since he revealed how Golden Freddy kind of morphed into an important character when originally I believe Scott referred to him as either an accident or mistake.