Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

Finished watching playthroughs of Sister Location, and I'm pretty impressed overall. Voice acting's pretty solid, and this game continues the pattern of every new FNaF game being incrementally scarier than the last. (FNaF World excluded, obviously.)

My only real criticism is how the nights are structured: Because there's a set list of objectives for every night, there's not much room for versatility or coming up with different strategies. I feel that that would decrease the replay value, unless you're going for...

Spoiler

the alternate ending.

Sure, it seems that there's less of a luck factor compared to the main quadrilogy, but there's little room for experimentation.

As for lore, let me try to get this straight:

Spoiler

- Ennard is the real villain here. He was probably what forced Baby to violently stuff that little girl inside of her body. And he used Baby's voice to trick the protagonist into entering the Scooping Room, so that he could use his body to escape. Pretty clever, I will admit.

-So Funtime Foxy's really female? I only guess so because it was primarily addressed as "she" and "her". (Though I swear I heard it be called "he" once.)

-Apparently Purple Guy's the one behind these animatronics. The name Mr. Afton is given, and that's Purple Guy's last name in the novel. So, if his daughter was killed by his creation, how/why did that drive him to start murdering kids?

-Why is the Fredbear plush in the secret room? And why does entering 1983 into the number pad show us footage of the FNaF 4 Child's room as it appeared in his nightmares? 

So yeah, I'd say this game's pretty solid. And The Immortal and the Restless needs to become an actual series! 

Spoiler

There's a theory going around stating that FNAF4 was staged and monitored in the 1983 room and that the only part of FNAF4 that really happened is the boy's story.

Just now, Cyrus said:
  Hide contents

There's a theory going around stating that FNAF4 was staged and monitored in the 1983 room and that the only part of FNAF4 that really happened is the boy's story.

Spoiler

I don't think the FNAF 4 easter egg is canon anymore than 4's Halloween Update with Jack-O-Lantern animatronics and the Puppet were canon. Seems more like a fun callback.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've also heard a really interesting theory that, if true, would shake the entire foundation of the franchise:

Spoiler

Some are speculating that the SL protagonist is actually Purple Guy himself, and, since Ennard canonically took over his body at the end, he's been the real villain this whole time. But I have two questions regarding this hypothesis:

1) Why would Ennard want to kill more kids? I mean, it's implied that he's the one who made Baby stuff that little girl inside herself, but he'd need a reason to do so.

2) When does Sister Location take place? It's said to be after Freddy Fazbear's closes, but which version? And it's heavily implied that Purple Guy killed his first victim (who would go on to become the Puppet) at Fredbear's Family Diner, back when Fredbear was the only animatronic in the company.

24 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think the FNAF 4 easter egg is canon anymore than 4's Halloween Update with Jack-O-Lantern animatronics and the Puppet were canon. Seems more like a fun callback.

Well remember, people said similar about FNAF4 and that didn't turn out to be the case.

22 minutes ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

I've also heard a really interesting theory that, if true, would shake the entire foundation of the franchise:

Hide contents

Some are speculating that the SL protagonist is actually Purple Guy himself, and, since Ennard canonically took over his body at the end, he's been the real villain this whole time. But I have two questions regarding this hypothesis:

1) Why would Ennard want to kill more kids? I mean, it's implied that he's the one who made Baby stuff that little girl inside herself, but he'd need a reason to do so.

2) When does Sister Location take place? It's said to be after Freddy Fazbear's closes, but which version? And it's heavily implied that Purple Guy killed his first victim (who would go on to become the Puppet) at Fredbear's Family Diner, back when Fredbear was the only animatronic in the company.

I've actually been thinking about that as well...

Spoiler

In a way it would make sense. Baby (or Ennard) knew about the springlock suits and knew exactly how they worked since she warned Afton that his heartrate and breathing was making the springlocks come loose. Though I'm trying to make sense of her line "Try not to wriggle. I placed you in one of the old suits from the pizzeria I came from. I don't think this one was ever used... at least not the way it was supposed to." I always had a theory that the Fredbear plush was possessed by the first child (well now my brother thinks that isn't the case since he claims Fredbear on the desk is holding what appears to be a walkie-talkie) and I wondered if Baby was referring to the fact the killer used the suit to hide a body.

I have no idea why Ennard would kill the children if it was Purple Guy all this time. That's the one detail I can't figure out, what exactly caused the ice cream incident. I know some suggested that the girl's spirit possesses Baby since during the cupcake minigame, Baby is portrayed with blue eyes while everywhere else she has green eyes. Yet strangely enough the girl has green eyes. But even if that was the case, it still doesn't answer why the ice-cream incident happened.

Spoiler

Regarding Baby's "Not used the way it was meant to" line, I think she's referring to the two springlock suits mentioned in FNaF 3: Spring Bonnie (We all know what became of that one) and Fredbear. And that would mean Circus Baby's Pizza World came after the original Fredbear's, which begs the question: Why did the Purple Guy kill that first kid before the death of his own daughter?

But I think you're right about that girl possessing Baby, seeing as that's how the other five kids (not including the Puppet) possessed the Fazbear Five after their deaths.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:
  Hide contents

Regarding Baby's "Not used the way it was meant to" line, I think she's referring to the two springlock suits mentioned in FNaF 3: Spring Bonnie (We all know what became of that one) and Fredbear. And that would mean Circus Baby's Pizza World came after the original Fredbear's, which begs the question: Why did the Purple Guy kill that first kid before the death of his own daughter?

But I think you're right about that girl possessing Baby, seeing as that's how the other five kids (not including the Puppet) possessed the Fazbear Five after their deaths.

Hmm, good point.

Spoiler

I know I've heard a theory that Ennard is all the animatronics combined since when Baby talks about leaving she keeps saying "we" and "us" instead of "I" and "me" when she talks about leaving. I theorized that perhaps since Baby only wants the chip that basically contains her mind that she makes up the mind of Ennard while the rest of the animatronics make up Ennard's body. Ennard does have multiple colored eyes on its body. If the daughter did possess Baby, that would make sense.

At first I wondered if that was the case, why would the daughter kill her own father. But then I remembered something in the book "Silver Eyes" where I believe Afton tells Charlie and the others that the murdered children can't remember their life that clearly and their memories are blurred, at least something like that I think. It could be possible that if the daughter possessed Baby, that she doesn't remember all the details correctly to the point she thinks that she was Baby at the time and her death was only caused by a simple malfunction. At least I think, gah trying to figure this out makes my head hurt.

Sister Location got a patch to ease up the difficulty of Night 4 and to fix a very specific bug that prevents some people from progressing through Night 2. it's about 4MBs so yeah, a small patch.

As for all this theory talk, I'm a lazy bastard so I'll just say that Sister Location is in its own canon with its own interpretations of what happened at Fazbear's Pizza and incorporating elements from the book.

OH HAHA! I had that Night 2 bug today. The game wouldn't go to the next part after the door was being opened the second time. I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Nice to know there's a patch though.

I have another proposal.

Given the large span of time involved in this franchise... is it not possible that the Mr. Afton referred to in Sister Location is a relative of the Purple Guy? A son or father, possibly? Maybe even a sibling? In absence of a first name, we can't say 100% for sure it's the same person.

I assume at some point Purple Guy's using the animatronics for murder would have gotten out. Any relative would presumably be influenced by that. Maybe they would want to design better, safer animatronics that a body couldn't be stuffed inside.

8 hours ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

Hide contents

Other than the Afton name being dropped, do we have any reason to involve Purple Guy in this, though?

We've established that the animatronics were going on murderous rampages long before Purple Guy entered the picture, based on FNAF 2.

It's entirely possible that there's a variety of reason the animatronics choose to kill people. The more primitive ones are just possessed, but the more advanced ones are either malfunctioning or may have gained sentience.

In fact, maybe the more advanced bodies of the Toy Animatronics were precisely why they opted for the much simpler barebones designs in FNAF 1. Less risk of them coming to life... unfortunately, ghosts are just as effective as AI at animating a suit.

Well at least this game finally cleared up the 1983 vs 1987 debate for FNAF4. At least that's one clear detail.

• Thumbs Up 1

well I figured I would bring this up since we are talking about the sister location

Spoiler

i've also heard some people speculate about ennard being the purple guy in fnaf 3 because of the purple eyes at the end  (apparently meaning that springtrap was ennard the whole time...?)

personally I find it a bit hard to believe because this assumes that ennard took advantage of its freedom to find a broken down pizzaria just to dismantle a few animatronics and managed to get scared by ghost children hopped into a springlock suit and somehow forgot how springlock suits work.

however if we assume that afton was the protagonist in sister location then it makes me wonder....who was the purple guy that was trapped in springtrap?

Spoiler

Ol' Dawko posted a video on the various easter eggs that are known so far in Sister Location and I've gotta say, some of these easter eggs are mindblowing!

Spoiler'd it to be on the safe side.

Spoiler

WHO WOULD'VE KNOWN THAT FNAF4 WAS JUST SOME SORT OF FUCKING TORTURE HOUSE

Okay so I think out of this mess, I have managed to at least gather at least some solid facts concerning the FNAF storyline.

Spoiler
  • Mr. Afton was a child murderer from the beginning since the blueprints show that the animatronic were designed to take lure and pull children into their stomachs, hence why Baby always kept count of how many children were in the room and Afton wanted his daughter to stay away from Baby.
  • It's possible that the thing that's making Baby and the other animatronics malfunction is the spirits of dead children since the animatronics were designed to kill children when they only saw one in the room, hinting that there are more dead children than we thought.
  • Ennard is most likely all the animatronics combined, the mask that serves as Ennard's face is seen in the main control room until night 5 where it goes missing and when you send Baby to the scooping room, you actually see Ennard without the mask. My brother always questioned why Baby had no eyes when Freddy and Bonnie was shown to still have their eyes despite being shut down which has led him to believe, Ennard's eyes is Baby's eyes and she is watching you. That would explain how she knows where you're going and where Ballora is.
  • The Sister Location is connected to Fredbear's pizzeria along with the room with the nightmare animatronics and plush trap.
  • Baby originally came from the pizzeria but was only on stage for one day which was the day where her programming took the life of Afton's daughter.
  • The animatronics were designed to track adults so they would know where they are at all times.
  • FNAF4 takes place in 1983, a fact reinforced by the fact you have to punch in 1983 to get the FNAF4 Easter Egg, which means it was not the Bite of 87. (I called that one back in FNAF4, I knew he wouldn't have put in 1983 for no reason.)

Just a thought from a guy who's read the TVTropes and heard the spoilers, but not actually played the game himself:

Spoiler

What if the reason why Ennard as Afton (I'll just call it Enton or Aftnard or something) kept on killing after it left the place in disguise was because it was both terrified of being discovered (justified considering what it is)...but also because it cannot keep itself from doing so?

Based on my understanding of Sister Location's lore so far, the animatronics are designed to be child abduction/killing machines, but are apparently also sentient to an extent. This sentience eventually enables them to try to escape the place using Afton(?) as a disguise, which they eventually succeed in doing.

But here's the thing; if they are controlling Afton, that means that they cannot leave the locations associated with him without potentially drawing unwanted attention, so they have limits as to how far they are able to go. This limited boundary would naturally mean that they are perpetually terrified of someone eventually finding out the truth, but also put them in range of various children and adults...especially ISOLATED children.

And their programming still exists, even though they might have collective sentience. It could have even potentially gotten worse BECAUSE of them being combined together. So they find themselves killing isolated children, but not being able to understand why it keeps happening. Then they get terrified of being caught, necessitating killing any witnesses directly or otherwise. They're essentially trapped in a vicious cycle of killing to cover up more killings to hide the truth, and they can't do a thing about it. They might have escaped their fate in Circus Baby's World, but they traded one prison for another.

Or I'm just overthinking it and I missed certain details due to not playing the game personally (still too much of a coward to play them).

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Can anyone explain the ending yet to me of sister location

Spoiler

Bad/True Ending: Ennard (now a hive mind of all the animatronics) tricks you into entering the Scooping Room, where your innards are violently scooped out of your body, enabling Ennard to enter it and use it as a disguise to leave the restaurant. 

Good/Fake Ending: You decide not to listen to Baby and enter a hidden room, where you keep Ennard away FNaF1-style. Upon reaching 6 AM, you go home, but Ennard is there with you. (Either it somehow escaped and followed you, or you took pity on it and brought it home with you)

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:54 AM, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

I have another proposal.

Reveal hidden contents

Given the large span of time involved in this franchise... is it not possible that the Mr. Afton referred to in Sister Location is a relative of the Purple Guy? A son or father, possibly? Maybe even a sibling? In absence of a first name, we can't say 100% for sure it's the same person.

I assume at some point Purple Guy's using the animatronics for murder would have gotten out. Any relative would presumably be influenced by that. Maybe they would want to design better, safer animatronics that a body couldn't be stuffed inside.

Reveal hidden contents

Other than the Afton name being dropped, do we have any reason to involve Purple Guy in this, though?

We've established that the animatronics were going on murderous rampages long before Purple Guy entered the picture, based on FNAF 2.

It's entirely possible that there's a variety of reason the animatronics choose to kill people. The more primitive ones are just possessed, but the more advanced ones are either malfunctioning or may have gained sentience.

In fact, maybe the more advanced bodies of the Toy Animatronics were precisely why they opted for the much simpler barebones designs in FNAF 1. Less risk of them coming to life... unfortunately, ghosts are just as effective as AI at animating a suit.

Okay I know it's part of an alternate universe/timeline but...

Spoiler

There actually seems to be more clues with William Afton in the book "Silver Eyes" that seem to be eerily lining up with the idea of Ennard being in him, making me even more convinced that Scott did have this planned at some point if it does turn out that the player is William Afton aka Purple Guy.

In the book "Silver Eyes" they mention how strange it was how Afton was able to recover from impacts that normally would badly hurt someone, yet he could easily get up back up and brush it off as if it were nothing, almost as if he were inhuman. The fact the book points out the fact that he isn't normal really makes me suspicious, but I don't want to lean on the book to much since it is an alternate timeline.

Also there's these points but they might be a bit weaker. The book mentions how Afton almost seems to become another person when he puts on the mascot suit, completely changing his act and even managing to alter his voice. I feel like this is fairly normal for someone though but people feel like Scott drew attention to it for a reason. Then there's the fact that after Afton lost weight when he became Dave Miller since he was described as being obese before, that his skin strangely sagged in areas. I don't quite know what to say about this one.

I'm not going to bother with the "I'm one of them." line that people seem to like to use as evidence. It's really too vague and not really strong proof. But yeah for the most part, a lot what was said about Afton in the book does seem to line up with the idea "What if he was an animatronic?" Though to be honest this plot twist kind of annoys me, I would have preferred Purple Guy being more of a normal human being.

• Thumbs Up 1

well something tells me i'm going to be stuck on night 5 for fnaf 3 for a bit so figured i'd see if any of you guys have tips on how to beat night 5.either way which game do you think i should dive into next?

• fnaf 1
  • fnaf 2
  • fnaf 3

For beating Night 5: Enter Baby's code as quickly and accurately as possible. Then, when she tells you to go forward and left, press A at the same time you're moving. You should be able to avoid a jumpscare this way. After that, just watch the ending.

As for which games to play, you may as well play the games in order, although personally I find 2 is the most physically fun to play, and it comes with the added bonus of being first chronologically anyway. So either do that, or play them in the order of 2, 1, 3 for a linear timeline experience (I assume you've played FNAF 4?)

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

For beating Night 5: Enter Baby's code as quickly and accurately as possible. Then, when she tells you to go forward and left, press A at the same time you're moving. You should be able to avoid a jumpscare this way. After that, just watch the ending.

As for which games to play, you may as well play the games in order, although personally I find 2 is the most physically fun to play, and it comes with the added bonus of being first chronologically anyway. So either do that, or play them in the order of 2, 1, 3 for a linear timeline experience (I assume you've played FNAF 4?)

oh my bad I ment fnaf 1 2 and 4 are the ones i haven't tackled (fnaf 3's night 5 is the one i'm stuck on)

that said i'll likely wait on getting sister location since it seems pretty straight forward

Spoiler

plus the ennard  night seems like a bad idea for me to try and tackle without having beaten any of the other extra nights

You know, I'm gonna be honest. I gave up on FNAF 3 because I honestly couldn't deal with its gameplay. xD The randomization of the Phantoms just grated on me.

If that's the case, for chronological order play 4, 2, then 1. For fun factor, I'd go for 2 first, with 1 and 4 interchangeable.

MandoPony has released a song based on the game. Spoilers about the plot as a warning.

One of my issues with the "you become Purple Guy" idea is that it implies the animatronics went on to kill more people... but couldn't they do that in the pizzeria? It looks like business was pretty solid. This is to say nothing of the fact it's mentioned Fazbear's Pizzeria has already closed, which should indicate Purple Guy's already active. If he is in fact the designer of the animatronics, that would explain Baby's instinctual desire to keep count of children, and losing control of herself when only one is around.

Now, granted, it sounds like Ballora's the psycho of the group and has a desire for vengeance and murder (I assume she controlled Ennard and killed the two technicians and hung them), but I imagine the others do genuinely just want to get the hell out of there. The fact Foxy canonically catches the technician but does not kill him seems to support the idea they're not "blood for the blood God" in mentality. Sure, it's all part of the plan to scoop the protagonist, but it emphasizes escape is more important than murder.

What's really telling? Baby discloses her intentions. She mentions that it only hurts for a moment. She's not mocking the technician for trusting her, or otherwise being malicious. She actually sounds almost apologetic about doing it.

I ... don't think Baby was lying. She doesn't want to kill people. But in that body, she had no choice. To say nothing of the fact she's getting shocked like a damned circus animal. She might be the antagonist, but she's a sympathetic one when it's apparent this isn't a benevolent corporation; they're aware the robots are sentient, can feel pain, etc. but continue to enslave them. It's a sharp contrast to the other locations' idea of the robots just acting weirdly. These are artificial intelligences, rather than haunted mascots.

Some are actually debating whether or not the technician dies. Baby even goes so far as to say you won't die in the Private Room... sure, it could be a lie. It could be a stretching of the truth (maybe your body won't die). What some raise for consideration is the fact the game is played from a first person perspective. This could very well mean the final scene is the technician waking up the next morning (likely with no memory of what happened) to see the robots have stuffed a bit of themselves inside him. I mean... I doubt most people would say "lol k" if they were asked to get cut open so robots could implant their consciousnesses inside them. One has to consider, with how crazy the science and supernatural get in this franchise, it's possible that the technician's brain was able to merge with everyone through Ennard.

Yeah, it's not as grimdark. But short of a Word of God, it allows a morbidly beautiful ending. It's actually an interesting complement to the other ending, where it seems the technician (who was going to get fired anyway) might have just elected to bring everyone (through Ennard) home with him.

It's weird. You can interpret both endings in both a good and bad manner (for the good ending, it's left open whether you brought Ennard home and he's docile, Ennard followed you and is going to maul you, or if it's a hallucination). Of course, both the good and bad interpretations of the Real Ending are still kind of fucked up, so of course it's the Real Ending. Almost makes me wonder if Scott did that on purpose. :P