Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

4 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

MandoPony has released a song based on the game. Spoilers about the plot as a warning.

Hide contents

One of my issues with the "you become Purple Guy" idea is that it implies the animatronics went on to kill more people... but couldn't they do that in the pizzeria? It looks like business was pretty solid. This is to say nothing of the fact it's mentioned Fazbear's Pizzeria has already closed, which should indicate Purple Guy's already active. If he is in fact the designer of the animatronics, that would explain Baby's instinctual desire to keep count of children, and losing control of herself when only one is around.

Now, granted, it sounds like Ballora's the psycho of the group and has a desire for vengeance and murder (I assume she controlled Ennard and killed the two technicians and hung them), but I imagine the others do genuinely just want to get the hell out of there. The fact Foxy canonically catches the technician but does not kill him seems to support the idea they're not "blood for the blood God" in mentality. Sure, it's all part of the plan to scoop the protagonist, but it emphasizes escape is more important than murder.

What's really telling? Baby discloses her intentions. She mentions that it only hurts for a moment. She's not mocking the technician for trusting her, or otherwise being malicious. She actually sounds almost apologetic about doing it.

I ... don't think Baby was lying. She doesn't want to kill people. But in that body, she had no choice. To say nothing of the fact she's getting shocked like a damned circus animal. She might be the antagonist, but she's a sympathetic one when it's apparent this isn't a benevolent corporation; they're aware the robots are sentient, can feel pain, etc. but continue to enslave them. It's a sharp contrast to the other locations' idea of the robots just acting weirdly. These are artificial intelligences, rather than haunted mascots.

Some are actually debating whether or not the technician dies. Baby even goes so far as to say you won't die in the Private Room... sure, it could be a lie. It could be a stretching of the truth (maybe your body won't die). What some raise for consideration is the fact the game is played from a first person perspective. This could very well mean the final scene is the technician waking up to see the robots have stuffed a bit of themselves inside him. I mean... I doubt most people would say "lol k" if they were asked to get cut open so robots could implant their consciousnesses inside them. One has to consider, with how crazy the science and supernatural get in this franchise, it's possible that the technician's brain was able to merge with everyone through Ennard.

Yeah, it's not as grimdark. But short of a Word of God, it allows a morbidly beautiful ending. It's actually an interesting complement to the other ending, where it seems the technician (who was going to get fired anyway) might have just elected to bring everyone (through Ennard) home with him.

It's weird. You can interpret both endings in both a good and bad manner (for the good ending, it's left open whether you brought Ennard home and he's docile, Ennard followed you and is going to maul you, or if it's a hallucination). Of course, both the good and bad interpretations of the Real Ending are still kind of fucked up, so of course it's the Real Ending. Almost makes me wonder if Scott did that on purpose. :P

I've actually been thinking about that too.

Spoiler

Okay so for now, let's go ahead with the idea of this is William Afton aka Purple Guy. Scott established that Afton is already a murderer with the design of the animatronics, so by a story sense (I say story because let's face it, Scott threw logic out a long time ago in FNAF) it would be pretty pointless to introduce Afton as a murderer but then shove him off to the side for a twist that the murder of the four children (yeah I think Golden Freddy/Fredbear might be the child murdered in Fredbear's Family Diner) was committed by an animatronic that may or may not be haunted by a spirit.

So I started to think that he had to still be there in some way or form. But I hadn't exactly figured out how since the scooper was designed to remove endoskeletons and with a human you'd assume that only the skin would be left behind. Though I guess that the organs within the ribcage wouldn't be ripped out, but there is the question of the brain which is encased in the human skull, his body would live one but with a brain he would be braindead. I just don't know, it's pretty confusing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Five Night's at Freddy's 1 is by far the best in my opinion.

If you are going to play any then play the original. The others always seemed cheaper and more gimmicky to me.

Spoiler

Well then...I'm certainly never gonna give THIS up.

So the animatronics wanted to be free so they can produce and share a chart-topping song that will be remembered fondly for the ages (and as a meme) what's so bad about that I think we need to reconsider who the REAL antagonists of this game were people

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not a FNAF expert by any means (I'm another rubberneck viewer who hasn't played the games), but the impression I'm getting is this:

Spoiler

The purple eyes in the Real Ending seem like a definite nod to Purple Guy, in the sense that they're clearly symbolic; I don't think any of the animatronics literally have glowing purple eyes, so like the Purple Freddy in FNAF...3(?), I think it's a symbolic nod to the fact that we're looking at Purple Guy here.  Or possibly, more broadly, purple is some kind of code in the series for "human with murderous intent" (so he's like Purple Guy).

The Purple Guy stuff all seems to be adding up, though.  The SL animatronics do seem to have been designed to kidnap children, the Scooping Room might be meant to extract kidnapped children - this seems like something which a character who's already been established as an eventuial child murderer might cook up.  It's a retcon, sure, but perhaps there's something not just absurd but poetic about Purple Guy ending up as an endoskeleton inside a human body inside a springlock suit?  Ah, in that case, Night 4 might also be foreshadowing the fate of the SL player character as someone who ends up dying in a springlock suit!  Could this even be an alternative, non-ghost explanation for how Springtrap is still active, long after its occupant should have been dead and rotted?

I guess there's an argument that a killer animatronic chimera inhabiting the body of a kidnapper then going on to work in a pizzeria and kill kids is kind of silly - but what else do they know?  Ennard knows a lot about working on animatronics and is nostalgic about working in a pizzeria and is also inescapably programmed to kidnap and kill children, so in a sense, it's the obvious course of action.  (To say nothing of whatever the chronology is, which might have Purple Guy already working at a pizzeria and killing children even before Ennard guts him, but there's a certain amount of wiggle room involving multiple pizzerias and multiple bites and so on.)

Again, I haven't played the games myself and am fuzzy on some of the fine detail, but this seems to be the general thrust of the information given.

It's a sort of tragedy, really.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

I'm not a FNAF expert by any means (I'm another rubberneck viewer who hasn't played the games), but the impression I'm getting is this:

Hide contents

The purple eyes in the Real Ending seem like a definite nod to Purple Guy, in the sense that they're clearly symbolic; I don't think any of the animatronics literally have glowing purple eyes, so like the Purple Freddy in FNAF...3(?), I think it's a symbolic nod to the fact that we're looking at Purple Guy here.  Or possibly, more broadly, purple is some kind of code in the series for "human with murderous intent" (so he's like Purple Guy).

The Purple Guy stuff all seems to be adding up, though.  The SL animatronics do seem to have been designed to kidnap children, the Scooping Room might be meant to extract kidnapped children - this seems like something which a character who's already been established as an eventuial child murderer might cook up.  It's a retcon, sure, but perhaps there's something not just absurd but poetic about Purple Guy ending up as an endoskeleton inside a human body inside a springlock suit?  Ah, in that case, Night 4 might also be foreshadowing the fate of the SL player character as someone who ends up dying in a springlock suit!  Could this even be an alternative, non-ghost explanation for how Springtrap is still active, long after its occupant should have been dead and rotted?

I guess there's an argument that a killer animatronic chimera inhabiting the body of a kidnapper then going on to work in a pizzeria and kill kids is kind of silly - but what else do they know?  Ennard knows a lot about working on animatronics and is nostalgic about working in a pizzeria and is also inescapably programmed to kidnap and kill children, so in a sense, it's the obvious course of action.  (To say nothing of whatever the chronology is, which might have Purple Guy already working at a pizzeria and killing children even before Ennard guts him, but there's a certain amount of wiggle room involving multiple pizzerias and multiple bites and so on.)

Again, I haven't played the games myself and am fuzzy on some of the fine detail, but this seems to be the general thrust of the information given.

It's a sort of tragedy, really.

Well actually...

Spoiler

Ballora has purple eyes. You see them during when she catches you and after she gets scooped. When you see them getting scooped people thought her eyes were orange but upon closer inspection they were still purple.

Some have suggested maybe Ballora's eyes are used since upon inspection while the other animatronics have huge eyes, her's seem to be human size. No knows yet if the purple eyes are literal or symbolic.

It's kind of like the slightly different yellow text in FNAF4 that still has everyone running in circles. No one knows if it has deeper mean, or if Scott didn't notice the color change. It has happened before with the purple guy sprites since a few a them were a lighter shade and everyone started calling it pink guy, but it's obvious that was still meant to be purple guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apologies if this has already been posted, but someone hacked into the game's files and found this secret animatronic:

Spoiler

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/funtimefredbear.png

It doesn't appear to have a name, but fans are supposedly calling it Funtime Fredbear/Golden Freddy, because of its resemblance to Freddy and its gold eyes. (Though, according to FNaF World, Fredbear had green eyes, but whatever. This could just be an alternate build) 

This guy very rarely appears in Night 3, but, like the endoskeletons of previous games, it's completely docile. It won't attack you, and it doesn't make the game crash like the Shadows.

6 minutes ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but someone hacked into the game's files and found this secret animatronic:

Hide contents

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/funtimefredbear.png

It doesn't appear to have a name, but fans are supposedly calling it Funtime Fredbear/Golden Freddy, because of its resemblance to Freddy and its gold eyes. (Though, according to FNaF World, Fredbear had green eyes, but whatever. This could just be an alternate build) 

This guy very rarely appears in Night 3, but, like the endoskeletons of previous games, it's completely docile. It won't attack you, and it doesn't make the game crash like the Shadows.

Yeah I heard about that. I might have an idea... though it could be wrong.

Spoiler

I've been thinking, they establish the Springlock suits can be worn but it never explains what to do with them when not in use by a human. I realized that we never do see Fredbear/Golden Freddy's nor Spring Bonnie/Springtrap's endoskeletons but if there was enough room for a human to fit, logically the endoskeleton would be around the same size because any smaller and a human wouldn't be able to fit inside the sit, a full grown human that is, children though can fit just fine in either version of the suits.

Baby... or Ennard (that detail is still quite odd) said that the Springlock suit she put the player in hadn't been used, at least not the way it was supposed to be. I'm starting to be more confident that the first murdered child did go on to possess Fredbear/Golden Freddy despite the FNAF2 minigame seemingly hinting at the puppet. So we know that Mr. Afton aka Purple Guy is established as a murderer already and he designed Freddy and possibly Baby to hide the children in their stomachs. I know that Baby saying "At least not the way it way supposed to be." is a clue. The suits are designed to be wore by endoskletetons and humans, but there's one scenario I think that would match what Baby said. The springlock suit being used to hide a body.

So I think it might be possible that the endoskeleton we're seeing could possibly be the one for the suit you're hidden in. That could explain why you only see this Easter Egg during Night 3, right before the night you are hidden in the springlock suit. But I could be wrong, I mean with the Fredbear plush and the walkie-talkie Easter Egg, I could possibly be wrong about the doll being possessed in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I was watching the first part of ProJared's playthrough of Sister Location when something odd occurred, during Night 2's openng:

At around 8 minutes in...that thing he points out. Has that appeared in any other playthrough, recorded or otherwise? I looked in on Markiplier's run, but I didn't see it there.

1 hour ago, Potada said:

So, I was watching the first part of ProJared's playthrough of Sister Location when something odd occurred, during Night 2's openng:

At around 8 minutes in...that thing he points out. Has that appeared in any other playthrough, recorded or otherwise? I looked in on Markiplier's run, but I didn't see it there.

I just checked Dawko's stream and it didn't appear in his, same with Razzbowski and Jacksepticeye. So yeah I think he is the first one to find that.

huh, didn't know bidybab could be at the elevator in some occurrences. 

must be rare like the shadow animatronics in fnaf 2.

Just in case no one was able to hear the animatronics' voice clips in the game. Now that you don't have to worry about a robot jumping in your face, you can actually turn up the volume and hear what they're saying.

There are some spoilers in here, of course.

IMO Freddy just got a LOT creepier. He sounds like a psycho.

• Thumbs Up 1

I LOVE Freddy's voice and appreciate how contrastingly high pitched it is for such a bulky body while still fitting perfectly. I was both trembling in fear and laughing during my first playthrough of the breaker room. This should be the canon voice for every Freddy other than 80's Freddy and Nightmare Freddy, imo.

• Thumbs Up 2

hey guys looks like we will get to revisit the sister location for another night after all.

Image result for sister location custom night teaser

(and as always its a free update ;) ) 

More info from the man himself:

Hey guys! I wanted to let you all know that I'll be working on an update for the game that will add a "Custom Night" to the Extras menu.

To answer a few questions about it:

1) Yes, it will be FREE. When the update is ready, your games will automatically update to include this feature.

2) It will NOT be canon. (otherwise it would screw up the entire plotline!)

3) It will be unlocked only when you have 3-stars, so you'd better get to work!

4) Since it's not part of the game's "Story Mode", you will be able to jump right into the action from the Extras menu and restart as many times as you like.

5) It would have been awesome to have this ready for Halloween, but there's no way that will be possible. Be looking for this in December!

• Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, Cyrus said:

I LOVE Freddy's voice and appreciate how contrastingly high pitched it is for such a bulky body while still fitting perfectly. I was both trembling in fear and laughing during my first playthrough of the breaker room. This should be the canon voice for every Freddy other than 80's Freddy and Nightmare Freddy, imo.

Thinking on it, both the voice and dialogue reminds me of the "nice cop" NPC from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The one who would talk about how he wanted to help you, how he felt you were just troubled, how he wanted to sit down with you and hold hands and talk about your problems... even as he came after you trying to hit you with his nightstick. XP

Murderous intent just becomes 10x more disturbing when the voice and speech seem to indicate nothing but benevolent intentions, I suppose. Moreso when the voice is excited.

• Thumbs Up 4

Whelp, guess who just made a video. I think it's safe to safe that Scott pretty much now has MatPat on the end of his rope considering how he seemed to sound slightly bitter at the beginning of the video. Then again ever since Sister Location came out I've seen pretty much tons of storyline theorists bicker with each other about how the games piece together, it's even gotten worse than the FNAF4 debates.

Wow, not MatPat is so self-entitles that he pretends to be the perfect candidate for the movie's screenwriting. What a deluded loser.

Knowledge is effectively a power; just because you store it in your brain doesn't mean you're capable of handling it correctly on certain situations.

Spoiler

So, is Ennard female? Baby seems to be the one in charge of the thing, so wouldn't that make purple guy, purple girl if we're going by the logic that they possessed the technician and became purple guy lol?

8 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

So, is Ennard female? Baby seems to be the one in charge of the thing, so wouldn't that make purple guy, purple girl if we're going by the logic that they possessed the technician and became purple guy lol?

Spoiler

Ennard doesn't have a gender, or even an independent personality. It's nothing more than a hivemind for all the Circus Baby animatronics.

Basically, they're all sharing a single body, which went on to possess Purple Guy. So really, Springtrap is all of the genuinely malicious beings in the series condensed into a single entity.

Spoiler

That's if we're going under the assumption that

1. Sister location is canon to the other main installments and

2. That the body inside springtrap IS purple guy(though even if it was, shouldn't it be a metallic rusty skeletal structure inside springtrap, since Ennard was using Aftons skin, and not organs and skeleton?

Just now, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

2. That the body inside springtrap IS purple guy(though even if it was, shouldn't it be a metallic rusty skeletal structure inside springtrap, since Ennard was using Aftons skin, and not organs and skeleton?)

1 hour ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

2. That the body inside springtrap IS purple guy(though even if it was, shouldn't it be a metallic rusty skeletal structure inside springtrap, since Ennard was using Aftons skin, and not organs and skeleton?

Spoiler

thats part of the thing thats been confusing me concerning sister location.

though I'm certain scott considers sister location to be in the same timeline as the original fnaf 1-4 games.the evidence given to us in sister location suggests we didn't know everything....

and thats the problem at one point scott said that we could figure out the main story with whats hidden in the original 4 games.but I consider the bedroom in fnaf 4 possibly being a testing place of sorts,fred plushbear having a walkie talky,and purple guy possibly being a rogue killer robot that decided to go around slaughtering little kids for a living. very major plot details!!

51 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

Hide contents

thats part of the thing thats been confusing me concerning sister location.

though I'm certain scott considers sister location to be in the same timeline as the original fnaf 1-4 games.the evidence given to us in sister location suggests we didn't know everything....

and thats the problem at one point scott said that we could figure out the main story with whats hidden in the original 4 games.but I consider the bedroom in fnaf 4 possibly being a testing place of sorts,fred plushbear having a walkie talky,and purple guy possibly being a rogue killer robot that decided to go around slaughtering little kids for a living. very major plot details!!

It is possible that he just decided to add onto the lore. It's kind of like Star Wars, the six films wrap the main story in general but lore is being added on in the form of The Clone Wars, Rouge One, and Rebels. Thus adding to the original storyline.

• Thumbs Up 2

the problem with the idea that it's canon to the main titles I think is that baby doesn't recognize Alton. It supports the idea that his partner, the guy from FNAF world,was the creator of her, tying that game and it's events to sister location. Problem is, that game is confirmed a alternate timeline.

Well, Baby kept mentioning how they had gotten better at "pretending." It could be that they knew who Afton was, but acted like they didn't so as to get at his body.

• Thumbs Up 1