Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

16 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:
  Hide contents

So Purple Guy is not William Afton, but rather his son Michael Afton, basically? That seems like the extent of everything we just learned.

Well yes and no.

Spoiler

Purple Guy is still William Afton but the Purple Guy we saw in FNAF 3 is Michael aka Mike from the first game.

50 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well a new update came out the golden freddy night now has enough power so that it is beatable.

and it looks like sister:location has one last surprise before we say goodbye to it...

Hide contents

...at least for the time being that is...

While I was writing this I calmed down...

Spoiler

I couldn't see what was moving in the end until someone in the comment posted a link to a brightened version.

Such a big plot twist.

So...which PG is Michael and which is his dad? I'm assuming Michael was in SL and 3 ("They thought I was you" and then separately "...And I found her(baby)" ), but if all of them is also him some of it wouldn't make sense. I need a diagram and timeline chart for this...

"I've been living in the shadows. There's one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to find you.[creepy voice change] i'M gOiNg To FiNd YoU"  this could be taken as: he's also a psychopath and saying "Hey dad I'm going to do what you would always do :)", was tired of his dad ordering him to do dirty work and seek vengeance, or him literally living in the shadow after being reanimated as a zombie and has nothing else to do. 

Either way, Michael probably loses whatever mind he had as a human at the end, and becomes a evil spirit obsessed with his final goal.

I can't think of how Scott's going to continue this series. Not in the bad way, mind you; this was a surprising yet fun add. I cannot wait to see how he will surprise us next time.

Actually, as someone who read The Silver Eyes, I think I know who's who:

Spoiler

In that novel, Michael is the one who ended up possessing Golden Freddy. Given the implications of FNaF 4, coupled with how William might've been the voice of the Fredbear Plush, as hinted in the Custom Night, I think the FNAF 4 Child is Michael!

So apparently Golden Freddy has either been in cahoots with Purple Guy/Springtrap, or he's been trying to stop him, along with the other possessed animatronics! (Depending on how sincere/sarcastic his words are in this new cutscene.)

Also, I'm guessing that by "putting her back together", he means his sister, the one who was killed by Baby, and whose empty room appears in FNAF 4.

54 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

Well yes and no.

Hide contents

Purple Guy is still William Afton but the Purple Guy we saw in FNAF 3 is Michael aka Mike from the first game.

Spoiler

It can't be Mike from the first game. That Mike was named Mike Schmidt, not Mike Afton.

Anyway, I've watched the Dawko video about this, and apparently the Purple Guy we see this entire time has killed no one. He was either a pawn or guilt-ridden enough to try to free the souls of the kids, but was mistaken as William and punished as Springtrap, which doesn't explain wtf he's trying to kill you but whatevs. At this point, the franchise is getting unnecessarily convoluted for no reason.

27 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Actually, as someone who read The Silver Eyes, I think I know who's who:

Hide contents

In that novel, Michael is the one who ended up possessing Golden Freddy. Given the implications of FNaF 4, coupled with how William might've been the voice of the Fredbear Plush, as hinted in the Custom Night, I think the FNAF 4 Child is Michael!

So apparently Golden Freddy has either been in cahoots with Purple Guy/Springtrap, or he's been trying to stop him, along with the other possessed animatronics! (Depending on how sincere/sarcastic his words are in this new cutscene.)

Also, I'm guessing that by "putting her back together", he means his sister, the one who was killed by Baby, and whose empty room appears in FNAF 4.

Spoiler

That would explain why the final mode is called "Golden Freddy". So Michael is not Eggs Benedict nor Springtrap right? Because the child died at the end of Fnaf 4.

And that means his dad is Springtrap? But it wouldn't make sense why (or how) his dad "asked" him to find them/her after he died.

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Hide contents

It can't be Mike from the first game. That Mike was named Mike Schmidt, not Mike Afton.

Anyway, I've watched the Dawko video about this, and apparently the Purple Guy we see this entire time has killed no one. He was either a pawn or guilt-ridden enough to try to free the souls of the kids, but was mistaken as William and punished as Springtrap, which doesn't explain wtf he's trying to kill you but whatevs. At this point, the franchise is getting unnecessarily convoluted for no reason.

Spoiler

Didn't the mini games in Fnaf 2 suggest PG was making the kids go grey? 

But I do feel the PG destroying the animatronics was trying to free them. And his kindness was repaid with Springtrap.
Maybe his dad's the fnaf3 protagonist or he mindlessly attacks because he's an evil spirit now.

Oh yeah, to make it easier for myself I copy pasted the lines from the wiki:

Spoiler

Father. It's me, Michael. I did it. I found it. It was right where you said it would be. They were all there. They didn't recognize at first but then they though I was you. And I found her. I put her back together, just like you asked me to. She's free now. But something is wrong with me. I should be dead. But I'm not. I've been living in the shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to come find you. I'm going to come find you.

Spoiler

Michael does say "Help me" in FNAF3, so it could be Spring Bonnie having the same predatory programming of the Funtimes making Springtrap chase down the night guard and child sounds.

6 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:
  Hide contents

That would explain why the final mode is called "Golden Freddy". So Michael is not Eggs Benedict nor Springtrap right? Because the child died at the end of Fnaf 4.

And that means his dad is Springtrap? But it wouldn't make sense why (or how) his dad "asked" him to find them/her after he died.

Spoiler

Right.  Michael died after getting his brain crunched, and he somehow went on to possess Golden Freddy.

And like I said, William asked his son to find his sister to either help her soul move on or "Give her life", like the other dead souls that possessed the animatronics. Considering Michael was able to "talk" to his dad after FNAF3, at which point he was a ghost inside a suit, it's fair to assume William could do the same.

52 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Hide contents

Well there is no other character in the series by that name and it makes sense.

Spoiler

Michael goes to the first pizzeria under the name Mike Schmidt. The animatronics possessed by the children mistake Mike for their murderer aka William Afton. Mike dismantles the animatronics but is terrified once he witnesses ghosts chasing after him. He flees into the Springbonnie suit, unaware of what would happen. The springs snap and he's transformed into Springtrap. But the children can't move on, not until the one who is broken is put back together. FNAF 3 happens and now Springtrap is seeking out William Afton. This explains things because we finally now understand a question asked since the first game, why would someone stay all five nights?

With this knowledge the pieces start easily falling into place, finally giving a clear idea of the FNAF timeline.

EDIT: Watched Dawko's video and yeah he summed up what I was thinking.

Spoiler

The animatronics were reported to have gone after any adult working as a night shift security guard, as the recorded messages always tell of a person before you who got spooked enough to leave. Phone Guy himself was caught and stuffed after taking over the shift. However, now we're being told that the animatronics were specifically looking for Afton and mistook his son for him because of a similar likeness. It subsequently doesn't explain why the security guard in 2 stayed, whose name was Jeremy Fitzgerald. So basically, does every security guard now just happen to look like William Afton?

Jesus, this just got unnecessarily complicated.

"Father. It's me, Michael. I did it. I found it. It was right where you said it would be. They were all there. They didn't recognize at first but then they thought I was you. And I found her. I put her back together, just like you asked me to. She's free now. But something is wrong with me. I should be dead. But I'm not. I've been living in the shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to come find you. I'm going to come find you."

So which game is he referring to? Finding "her" would indicate Sister Location. But his status as Springtrap makes it just as easy to refer to coming back to the pizzeria to kill the remaining animatronics.

On the other hand, it's always possible Scott will do an Ass Pull and say that "she" was at the old pizzeria, and is not Baby. What is "it," anyway?

I think the easiest solution is that there are two Purple Guys. One gets scooped trying to reunite with his daughter, and goes on to become the serial killer. The other, the son/Michael, is sent to take care of the possessed animatronics for whatever reason, and ends up as Springtrap.

Springtrap being a tad murderous is understandable: I assume he's rather pissed off about being manipulated by his father.

I'm guessing William either never loved Michael, or any love he had was lost after his transformation into the first Purple Guy?

Edit: No, wait. Scott said that this update shows us what became of Eggs Benedict. So that makes Egg Benedict both the one who got scooped and Springtrap.

So I take it this means William is the one who killed the kids, but Michael is the one who died not once, but twice, in his father's service?

That shit is fucked up, yo.

Alright, it's been an hour since my last post, so I believe I'm in the clear for not double posting... a thought occurred that I thought is key with this new cutscene.

Think about lots of series you've seen where a character was musing about someone else. A lot of times, it will cut to where that person is, particularly if they say something like "wherever they are" or otherwise has to do with location.

Michael's comment? "I'll find you."

It's possible he isn't Springtrap, but his father has since become the latter. It cuts to Springtrap's appearance shortly after Michael says he'll find his father. He's likely blissfully unaware his father has become a literal monster and not just a figurative one.

So where does this leave us?

Well, it raises the strong possibility Sister Location and FNAF 3 happen around the same time.

Basic rundown of chronology:

FNAF 4, FNAF 2, FNAF 1, prequel events of FNAF 3, Sister Location, FNAF 3.

If Sister Location happens before FNAF 3, which takes place in a rundown pizzeria, it makes sense. FNAF 3 looks to take place in the future, and that explains the advanced, sentient AIs in Sister Location.

Michael was on a mission from his father to find his sister. He ends up getting scooped, though he was successful in finding her (presumably inside/merged with Baby). His comments line up perfectly now. He wants to find his father, completely unaware that he has become Springtrap.

The main problem is this requires that William go to the pizzeria and get killed by the spirits roughly around the same time Michael gets killed by Baby and the gang, assuming the two had regular contact. It's quite possible for William to have gone to the old pizzeria while Michael was busy being used as a meat suit, though. My guess would be that William felt a need to do it while his son was preoccupied at Circus Baby's?

There is the question of making Michael turn purple, though. Why would Scott do it, just to make it turn out there are two Purple Guys a few days later? Just to mess with us is a possibility, yes. There's the possibility of this theory being wrong, as well. But then there's the fact being purple was likely metaphorical to begin with in the serial killer's case, so while we assume Michael rotted to literally become purple, it's also quite possibly symbolic for something. Maybe being hollowed out and tormented took its toll on his psyche, making him just like his father?

As for sounding murderous, Michael seems to have a special connection to Baby, who likely is partly his sister in some way. She might have clued him in that the reason she died in the first place was because of their father's murderous designs. Of course he's pissed. Now they're both dead because of him. He's a monster. He needs to be destroyed before he can hurt anyone else.

May or may not be relevant, but purple is the color of pride, power, etc. Maybe William, a brilliant, likely wealthy man, relished having power over other people. His purple is quite likely figurative.

Not quite sure where Scott leans in Christian denomination, but let's note that Pride is the worst sin in many Christian beliefs. This might have influenced the color choice.

1 hour ago, Noelgilvie said:

Jesus, this just got unnecessarily complicated.

Hide contents

"Father. It's me, Michael. I did it. I found it. It was right where you said it would be. They were all there. They didn't recognize at first but then they thought I was you. And I found her. I put her back together, just like you asked me to. She's free now. But something is wrong with me. I should be dead. But I'm not. I've been living in the shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to come find you. I'm going to come find you."

So which game is he referring to? Finding "her" would indicate Sister Location. But his status as Springtrap makes it just as easy to refer to coming back to the pizzeria to kill the remaining animatronics.

On the other hand, it's always possible Scott will do an Ass Pull and say that "she" was at the old pizzeria, and is not Baby. What is "it," anyway?

I think the easiest solution is that there are two Purple Guys. One gets scooped trying to reunite with his daughter, and goes on to become the serial killer. The other, the son/Michael, is sent to take care of the possessed animatronics for whatever reason, and ends up as Springtrap.

Springtrap being a tad murderous is understandable: I assume he's rather pissed off about being manipulated by his father.

I'm guessing William either never loved Michael, or any love he had was lost after his transformation into the first Purple Guy?

Edit: No, wait. Scott said that this update shows us what became of Eggs Benedict. So that makes Egg Benedict both the one who got scooped and Springtrap.

So I take it this means William is the one who killed the kids, but Michael is the one who died not once, but twice, in his father's service?

That shit is fucked up, yo.

I'll tell you one thing though, we finally got an explanation for something in FNAF 1 and maybe even FNAF 2. Basically let me suggest this question...

Spoiler

What if Michael changed his name? Since we know he does get scooped, that would explain why Mike Schmidt got fired for not only messing with the animatronics but bodily odor. Fritz Smith gets fired for the same reason. Could it be possible Fritz is Mike as well going under different aliases? It's not out of the realm of possibility if you consider the book since people are suggesting that Dave Miller could be Mike as well since he never does outright claim he's William Afton. (I don't know for sure though, I really need to find the book.)

I'd assume that after the Sister Location incident, Michael Afton had to disappear in a way which required a new identity. Fritz Smith gets fired so another change of the identity. As for Jeremy I guess he's just the unlucky employee that got his head bit in the end.

8 minutes ago, Noelgilvie said:

Alright, it's been an hour since my last post, so I believe I'm in the clear for not double posting... a thought occurred that I thought is key with this new cutscene.

Hide contents

Think about lots of series you've seen where a character was musing about someone else. A lot of times, it will cut to where that person is, particularly if they say something like "wherever they are" or otherwise has to do with location.

It's possible he isn't Springtrap, but his father has since become the latter. It cuts to Springtrap's appearance shortly after Michael says he'll find his father. He's likely blissfully unaware his father has become a literal monster and not just a figurative one.

Well, it raises the strong possibility Sister Location and FNAF 3 happen around the same time.

If Sister Location happens before FNAF 3, which takes place in a rundown pizzeria, it makes sense. FNAF 3 looks to take place in the future, and that explains the advanced, sentient AIs in Sister Location.

Michael was on a mission from his father to find his sister. He ends up getting scooped, though he was successful in finding her (presumably inside/merged with Baby). His comments line up perfectly now. He wants to find his father, completely unaware that he has become Springtrap.

The main problem is this requires that William go to the pizzeria and get killed by the spirits roughly around the same time Michael gets killed by Baby and the gang, assuming the two had regular contact. It's quite possible for William to have gone to the old pizzeria while Michael was busy being used as a meat suit, though. My guess would be that William felt a need to do it while his son was preoccupied at Circus Baby's?

There is the question of making Michael turn purple, though. Why would Scott do it, just to make it turn out there are two Purple Guys a few days later? Just to mess with us is a possibility, yes. There's the possibility of this theory being wrong, as well. But then there's the fact being purple was likely metaphorical to begin with in the serial killer's case, so while we assume Michael rotted to literally become purple, it's also quite possibly symbolic for something. Maybe being hollowed out and tormented took its toll on his psyche, making him just like his father?

Can't be since Scott said we find out what happened to Eggs Benedict in that cutscene. We consider it that way, it really doesn't tell as much about his fate. I get what you're saying though.

3 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

I'll tell you one thing though, we finally got an explanation for something in FNAF 1 and maybe even FNAF 2. Basically let me suggest this question...

Reveal hidden contents

What if Michael changed his name? Since we know he does get scooped, that would explain why Mike Schmidt got fired for not only messing with the animatronics but bodily odor. Fritz Smith gets fired for the same reason. Could it be possible Fritz is Mike as well going under different aliases? It's not out of the realm of possibility if you consider the book since people are suggesting that Dave Miller could be Mike as well since he never does outright claim he's William Afton. (I don't know for sure though, I really need to find the book.)

I'd assume that after the Sister Location incident, Michael Afton had to disappear in a way which required a new identity. Fritz Smith gets fired so another change of the identity. As for Jeremy I guess he's just the unlucky employee that got his head bit in the end.

Can't be since Scott said we find out what happened to Eggs Benedict in that cutscene. We consider it that way, it really doesn't tell as much about his fate. I get what you're saying though.

Maybe he was referring to the fact Eggs Benedict is on a quest to find his father, who has become Springtrap by this point.

He didn't necessarily mean he became Springtrap himself.

Speech gets quite messy when you have double meanings and symbolism. "What happened to Eggs Benedict" is as easily what physically happened to him as emotionally. He could have become Springtrap... or he could be on a quest to find Springtrap.

1 minute ago, Noelgilvie said:

Hide contents

Maybe he was referring to the fact Eggs Benedict is on a quest to find his father, who has become Springtrap by this point.

He didn't necessarily mean he became Springtrap himself.

Speech gets quite messy when you have double meanings and symbolism.

True, very true and Scott has been known to be sneaky with his words. The whole "The Custom Night won't be canon." is a huge example.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Noelgilvie said:

Hide contents

As for sounding murderous, Michael seems to have a special connection to Baby, who likely is partly his sister in some way. She might have clued him in that the reason she died in the first place was because of their father's murderous designs. Of course he's pissed. Now they're both dead because of him. He's a monster. He needs to be destroyed before he can hurt anyone else.

May or may not be relevant, but purple is the color of pride, power, etc. Maybe William, a brilliant, likely wealthy man, relished having power over other people. His purple is quite likely figurative.

Not quite sure where Scott leans religiously, but let's note that Pride is the worst sin in Christian belief. This might have influenced the color choice.

Scott once made an adaptation of the Pilgrim's Progress in RPG form. He's a fairly Christian guy.

1 hour ago, Candescence said:

Scott once made an adaptation of the Pilgrim's Progress in RPG form. He's a fairly Christian guy.

I meant in terms of denomination. I should have clarified not every denomination has the same conception of the vices, though Pride is pretty strong in a lot of them.

Bit late on this but... boy howdy, that sure was an ending. What even is this series anymore? I really don't know what to think of this.

Spoiler

Honestly, if we interpret Mike/Eggs as Springtrap, this is almost a textbook definition of a Shocking Swerve. It seems like this was done solely to be a shocking twist, regardless of how it rewrites a huge chunk of the lore and is very out of nowhere, all things considered (would you have ever guessed the Purple Man in 3 was really his kid who also happened to be a goddamn zombie and not the Man himself based solely on 3's gameplay?). Beyond that, it seems to cheapen FNaF3.

"Oh sorry, kids, you didn't get revenge after all; you just killed a guy who happened looked like that guy except not really because he was a walking corpse by that point. Boy, don't you feel stupid?"

"Oh, you liked the idea of the serial killer who started this mess being reborn as a killer animatronic and being the last ghost to face before burning it all down? Sorry; that's really his hither-to-unmentioned son who's really an innocent in all this."

I can't even comprehend what's going on; apparently the universe now revolves around this one family, and stuff the dad did, and things the son did for his sister and is about to do to his dad, and I think there was a restaurant with killer animatronics and a puppet trying to kill security guards or something at one point? I think that bit was important once? Maybe?  I dunno, that didn't involve this super-duper-important family much, so I guess it's not that big a deal.

Point is, I respect Scott and his success with this series, but I feel like the whole story has just gotten too bloated, complex and filled with so many things open for interpretation for its own good. I guess I should've recognised that around 4 and the whole 83 vs 87 debate, but it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on, especally with The Silver Eyes and the whole, "it's not canon except for this and this and this" thing going on (also in hindsight, TSE's story felt pretty generic and lacklustre, all things considered). I don't know if Springtrap really is Michael or not. I don't know if the Purple Man is really alive after all this time or not. And truth be told, I've been bamboozled enough times that I don't really care anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

oh yeah, Scott has confirmed that the cutscenes in Custom Night are canon.

Hey guys, the new update is live (v1.12). It gives a little additional power for Golden Freddy Mode on Very Hard, and also adds the final cutscene! 

Enjoy! 

(By the way- Cutscenes are canon.) 

Good lord, I can only wonder how Matpat is feeling about the revelations from these new cutscenes right about now. Lol.

On the Plus side, I wonder what the mechanics of the next game are gonna be like. Maybe we'll actually get to play as Springtrap trying to kill the purple man once and for all.

4 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Hide contents

On the Plus side, I wonder what the mechanics of the next game are gonna be like. Maybe we'll actually get to play as Springtrap trying to kill the purple man once and for all.

Spoiler

though I don't know how to feel about story direction what I am looking forward to is the fact we have 2 different possible games that could show up next. one like @Johnny Boysaid includes springtrap hunting william afton (who knows what kind of a twisted place he could be hiding in.)

but the other one I'm thinking of is that ennard is now crawling around a dark damp sewer tunnel...could we possibly get a game where we are in a sewer system dealing with ennard and whatever else has gotten lost down in the sewers.

Let's consider something:

2014 FNAF fanbase: "We want Foxy to be the anti-hero of the franchise!"

2016 Scott Cawthon: "Okay, you now have an anti-hero, but it's NOT Foxy; it's Springtrap! Lololol!"

On 12/7/2016 at 7:22 AM, kirby1up said:

Hide contents

though I don't know how to feel about story direction what I am looking forward to is the fact we have 2 different possible games that could show up next. one like @Johnny Boysaid includes springtrap hunting william afton (who knows what kind of a twisted place he could be hiding in.)

but the other one I'm thinking of is that ennard is now crawling around a dark damp sewer tunnel...could we possibly get a game where we are in a sewer system dealing with ennard and whatever else has gotten lost down in the sewers.

How about Sprintrap and Ennard teaming up, given William is the enemy of both (assuming the Purple Guy in SL is William and the Purple Guy who got stuck in the suit is Michael)?

Hell, they could combine into some uber-animatronic, utilizing both Springtrap's supernatural nature as well as Ennard's advanced AI.

I can only assume it would be a redux of Sister Location if we play as William trying to fend off the other two, complete with a canon ending where he is finally killed.

...or maybe Scott will do a 180 and make us play as the machines for a change. Not sure how it would play, but it'd be quite a change of pace.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2016/12/7 at 2:10 AM, Johnny Boy said:

Good lord, I can only wonder how Matpat is feeling about the revelations from these new cutscenes right about now. Lol.

Hide contents

I look around youtube to see the playthrough of custom nights because I love to see everyone's reaction XD.

Wish I could see Matpat's reaction (not the game theory, his live reaction) too, but I don't know if he'll ever make a video of it since he didn't for the fake ending in SL.

5 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

I look around youtube to see the playthrough of custom nights because I love to see everyone's reaction XD.

Wish I could see Matpat's reaction (not the game theory, his live reaction) too, but I don't know if he'll ever make a video of it since he didn't for the fake ending in SL.

He did do the Custom Nights, only cutscene I know of he hasn't seen is the Golden Freddy ending.

6 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

He did do the Custom Nights, only cutscene I know of he hasn't seen is the Golden Freddy ending.

I know he did the custom nights, but I am afraid that he will not post themselves playing the whole game like they didn't for SL fake ending. I can only watch the archived videos, but I don't think he unlocked the one before that, the "Purple guy throw up Ennard" one. That and the Golden Freddy is the most important cutscene, so I really wanted to see his reaction. 

A thought occurs.

We were under the impression Pink Guy and Purple Guy were the same individual before, but now that it's become apparent the color difference is intentional rather than just a small detail... So, let's revisit something.

Springtrap is attracted to the voices of children. We thought of it as him wanting to kill them, thinking he was the killer... in actuality, perhaps he was trying to protect what he presumed was a child? With that "I'm going to come find you" threat, it's obvious he no doubt not only mistrusts William for personal reasons, but is likely fully aware of what he is. Or Hell, he simply assumed William would be hanging around children and so hoped to find him?

This does raise the question of Springtrap's morality. Was he a ruthless killer to begin with as well? Did dying twice and living for decades in some reanimated state wear away at his sanity? Was he dormant for so long that waking up, he had to take a few nights to get his bearings, thus causing him to attack the newest guard out of a blind rage? Or perhaps he was being consequentialist: the guard was keeping him in, thus preventing him from going after William, and so he was a valid target. I assume Springtrap decided to torch the place when it became apparent there was no way of getting past the guard.

More food for thought: since the deaths are non-canon and the guard in FNAF 3 hallucinates... maybe Springtrap wouldn't have actually tried to kill him at all. After all, while we have evidence of the animatronics in other games murdering previous guards, we don't have that for Springtrap. He may have simply been wanting to try and explain things... this is consistent with his moaning, an attempt to talk. Never mind that you can apparently make out his moans as "help me."

Now, there's no doubt some murderous intent towards his father, but that's not exactly hard to understand. Springtrap is the antihero we never asked for but deserve.

I can see Michael's story unfolding already. My guess is that his father used his power and wealth to ensure Michael was able to live something of a normal life after his first transformation; no doubt that same wealth would have allowed for extensive cosmetic surgery as well. Michael, being the good son he was, thought this was evidence that William loved him. He did not suspect any foul play when he was sent to dispose of the animatronics, only to die once again and be left for dead; his father no doubt knew where he was, but never came looking for him. This is why Springtrap is so pissed: he's no longer trying to see the good in William Afton. The latter is a filthy monster with no shred of good in him, who needs to be destroyed.

The way Springtrap segues from the "they thought I was you" part to the "I found her" part in his speech indicates that these are very possibly separate incidents. Now it is odd that he would be recounting finding Baby/the daughter if he already saw William after becoming Purple Guy, but it could just be for the sake of narrative. He's recounting everything he's done for his father... and now much he would love to meet him again.

• Thumbs Up 3