Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

I'll come up with a summery of info thats shown up since sister location got released later today.But until then I figured I'd show what was currently on scott games right now at the time of this post.

interrupt.thumb.jpg.7f28a4ea9cca08068e892bcb69ed54cd.jpg

Welp, FNAF 6 exists... or at least, it did:

Hey guys, I wanted to give you all an update on a project of mine.

For the last month or so I’ve been dropping hints about a new game; and it’s true that I’d been working on one (call it FNaF 6 if you’d like.) But after forcing myself to keep working on it day after day, I realized something- I just don’t want to work on this. With each game's release, I think the expectations get higher and higher for the next, and rightfully so. Each game SHOULD be better than the last! But that pressure starts to mount, and I fear that I've been neglecting other things in my life for the sake of trying to keep up with those mounting expectations.

So, after giving this a lot of thought; I’ve decided that I’m going to stop working on it. I’m not going to reveal anything else about what the game was, and I’ve asked other people involved to never divulge anything either. It’s just not going to be talked about.

Does this mean that I’m going to stop working on games altogether? No, that’s not what it means at all. It just means that I want to get back to what made game-making enjoyable in the first place. It also doesn’t mean that I’m abandoning FNaF. In fact, the first game that I'd like to make would be something for you guys. Remember Foxy Fighters from Update 2? I loved working on that game. It was a lot of fun, and it took a lot of the pressure off me knowing that it was just for the fans of the games. That’s the kind of project that I'd like to work on again. Maybe I’ll try my hand at a pizzeria tycoon game, who knows. The point is that it would be something for fun, and something for the fans. :)

There are some big things in the works elsewhere. The movie is in amazing hands with Blumhouse. I’m also still working to get a VR title out at some point (because that would be awesome). And of course I can’t leave everyone hanging with the cliffhanger at the end of the second book. ;) But as far as the games are concerned, I think this is where I step back. I actually have a lot of catching up to do myself when it comes to fan-games. I still need to play FNaC 3, TJOC, Popgoes, ONaF, and some others too. I’m way behind!

I hope you can respect and understand my decision. I want to spend more time with my family, and get back to what made me enjoy making games in the first place.

I’ll give you all more updates as things happen! :) As always, I appreciate your support.

Bear in mind, there's a possibility he's pulling our legs here (like when he said he'd delay Sister Location because 2dark4kids), but this seems pretty legit as far as I'm concerned.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's fine. Scott's been working himself like a mule these past three years, so I'm cool with him taking a break. And I'd really like to get a new FNAF World-esque spinoff. But if he does decide to make a 6th game somewhere down the line, you know the fanbase would eat that up. 

That said, Scott's personal life has to come first. He may be a one-man developer, but he's still human and has his own life to live. So I think he's earned some rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am 86% sure that Scott is just messing with us and perhaps an announcement is coming tomorrow. 

Scott loves messing with his fanbase, remember the "Cancelled due to leaks" thing from Sister Location? 

But on the offchance that Scott is telling the truth, then it'd be a waaaaaaaaay odd timing with the The Twisted Ones getting released literally days before he posted this. 

Spoiler

Hey guys, I wanted to give you all an update on a project of mine.

For the last month or so I’ve been dropping hints about a new game; and it’s true that I’d been working on one (call it FNaF 6 if you’d like.) But after forcing myself to keep working on it day after day, I realized something- I just don’t want to work on this. With each game's release, I think the expectations get higher and higher for the next, and rightfully so. Each game SHOULD be better than the last! But that pressure starts to mount, and I fear that I've been neglecting other things in my life for the sake of trying to keep up with those mounting expectations.

So, after giving this a lot of thought; I’ve decided that I’m going to stop working on it. I’m not going to reveal anything else about what the game was, and I’ve asked other people involved to never divulge anything either. It’s just not going to be talked about.

Does this mean that I’m going to stop working on games altogether? No, that’s not what it means at all. It just means that I want to get back to what made game-making enjoyable in the first place. It also doesn’t mean that I’m abandoning FNaF. In fact, the first game that I'd like to make would be something for you guys. Remember Foxy Fighters from Update 2? I loved working on that game. It was a lot of fun, and it took a lot of the pressure off me knowing that it was just for the fans of the games. That’s the kind of project that I'd like to work on again. Maybe I’ll try my hand at a pizzeria tycoon game, who knows. The point is that it would be something for fun, and something for the fans. :)

There are some big things in the works elsewhere. The movie is in amazing hands with Blumhouse. I’m also still working to get a VR title out at some point (because that would be awesome). And of course I can’t leave everyone hanging with the cliffhanger at the end of the second book. ;) But as far as the games are concerned, I think this is where I step back. I actually have a lot of catching up to do myself when it comes to fan-games. I still need to play FNaC 3, TJOC, Popgoes, ONaF, and some others too. I’m way behind!

I hope you can respect and understand my decision. I want to spend more time with my family, and get back to what made me enjoy making games in the first place.

I’ll give you all more updates as things happen! :) As always, I appreciate your support.

4221396001_5278381352001_5278375061001-v

• Thumbs Up 1

That, uh... that is exactly what I'd already posted.

But there's an update... and who knows if he's being serious or not (that little aside there at 3, dangit).

PART 2

OK, as usual, despite my best efforts, things don't get conveyed as clearly as I would like. So let me try to put out a few of the fires.

1) If a game's completion is in question, I would rather just say that it's cancelled, rather than say "I may get back to it at some point.", because the second just puts people on hold indefinitely. If I ever did start work on it again, I'm not sure if I would pick up where I left off, or if I would completely start over.

2) Yes, I need a break.

3) No, it's not a troll. (Would I ever troll you guys?)

4) Yes I want to make something more lighthearted just as a way of relaxing.

5) Yes, it would be free.

6) No, you don't have to play it. ;)

I will return!

• 4 weeks later...

So the Twisted Ones is presumably not canon to the games, but it does raise an interesting concept that very well may play out in the games.

It's presumably not canon due to Springtrap being William Afton in the book, while Sister Location seems to indicate Michael Afton is Springtrap instead (and thus probably not a real bad guy).

Anyway, towards the end, I guess the main character gets kidnapped by Springtrap. He's since designed brand new animatronics - the namesake Twisted Ones - who project a sound that lures people in. The sound amplifies what you feel towards them; if you liked how they looked, they look even better, if you were scared, they become the horrifying creatures we've seen concept art of.

But anyway. Saying the words "William Afton" triggered the animatronics from the first game to turn on... and they proceed to help the protagonists out. They were, after all, never really evil in the first place, just desperate to find and punish their killer. Sounds like they get into a fight with the Twisted animatronics towards the end. I'm just reading the TV Tropes page on this so I don't know full details.

Seems like the Wolf is indeed one of the Twisted animatronics. Apparently Chica doesn't have a place at the Twisted table and he takes her place as the fourth animatronic.

But anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar plot point with whatever the next game would be. We know Michael's Springtrap and probably wants to punish his father hard for manipulating him. While the spirits of the murdered children seem to have passed on, we know not all animatronics need deceased souls to become animate. So... who knows. Maybe Michaeltrap and a few more will go after William. It'd be interesting if we play as William, while inside we're rooting for the animatronics.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick lore update:

Scott Cawthon said a while ago that the FNaF story recently had a little retcon. We still don't know what exactly it is, but he recently had this to say on the matter:

Spoiler

Hey guys, I wanted to comment quickly on the subject of retcons. I made a joke last night about retconning, and it became obvious that it’s very important to a lot of people, and understandably so. I have a lot of respect for this community, and the last thing that I want is for anyone to think that I recklessly change details on a whim. I assure you, that’s not the case.

The truth is that I've done one actual retcon in the series (although I'm not going to say where it was). There have been other times, however, when my original intentions didn't come across clearly. In those instances, I make a point to clarify in the next game. That's not really a retcon, it's simply an attempt to guide the story toward where it was originally intended to go. A quick, and very minor example of this would be when "adult theory" happened; I could see why people were believing it, so I quickly dropped an additional teaser to clear it up. I have to do that with my games sometimes as well. I used SL to clear up a misconception from FNaF 4. Currently, there is a misconception from SL that I may need to clear up someday as well. (or maybe I'll just leave it to torment the fandom) ?

So, while it's true that the story has developed new details over time that may not have been planned from the beginning, that doesn't mean that the pieces don't fit together as a whole. There is a lot of information crammed into these games, and there will always be details that I don't convey 100% as intended. I try to clear up those items, but I’m certainly not retonning things at will. I have more respect for the community than that.

On a different note- Is that MY face photoshopped onto a squirrel snuggling up to Dawko??? Who created that abomination?

EDIT: To be clear, the one retcon mentioned was integrated pretty seamlessly, and most people didn't notice. If it had caused problems or confusion then I would have addressed it here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Scott (And possibly Freddy) are coming out of hibernation:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/506610/announcements/detail/1464096684951230173

"Hey guys, I just wanted to make a quick post with some updates on current projects. 

First of all, I know that I promised movie news soon, but I guess that news will have to wait. It had to do with an exciting cast/crew addition, but things are not quite finalized yet so I'll give that some more time.

In game-related news, I REFUSE to let an entire year go by without a game release, so I'm putting together something fun for all of you for the holidays. I'm not sure if I'll release it on Steam or Gamejolt yet, but I'll let you know. Hopefully it won't take much longer to wrap it up.

That's it for the update! Stay tuned!"

Project confirmation is at hand:

NpkpcPz.png

Well, here's hoping it's better than FNAF World.

I love how if you agree to sponsorship, you get bombarded by obnoxious ads creating noise in the part where you're fending off robots trying to kill you.

And the morbidly hilarious neck snap that happens if Funtime Freddy fails to land in the ballpit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

Been watching a lot of Pizzeria Simulator footage (Because I'm too chicken to play it myself), and I've made a list of tidbits I've found interesting (MASSIVE SPOILERS):

Spoiler

>There is now a Funtime Chica, as well as "Rockstar" versions of the Classic 4:

hd4ocxewsz101.png

>I thought Circus Baby was benevolent in Sister Location, in that she genuinely wanted to help the player until she got assimilated into Ennard, who used her voice to lure Eggs Benedict into a trap. But no: Apparently she's really evil, and the other Sister Location animatronics forced her out of Ennard, so now she's trying to "put herself back together".

>The racecar arcade game has a secret minigame with more lore, but I have no idea what to make of it:

>Scott recently confirmed that the guy inside Springtrap is William Afton, AKA the murderer, not his son Michael. So Mr. Decrepit Yellow Lapine really is evil. And it seems we finally have an official look at what this monster looked like when he was still alive:

O7aM6AtjQzpCPqeyJCdd-uTUEyE358H0KosvQCZwab4.png?w=1024&s=269bf97108dbaa5de675a1cb07e62364

>Oh, and Michael Afton is Eggs Benedict, if my understanding is correct.

>And finally, "Leemonadeh fohr eberyone" needs to become the new "Exotic Butters". Just sayin'.

EDIT: Even more questions answered:

Spoiler

>The Fredbear incident of FNAF4 took place in 1983, as confirmed by Scott himself

>Funtime Chica was the springlock failure suit, and the one Michael was trapped in during Sister Location's Night 4

>The new Rockstar versions of the main four animatronics are what "inspired" the FNAF4 kid to dream up the Nightmares

>The Puppet is FEMALE

>The new animatronics (hippo, frog, etc.) appeared in the "Happiest Day" minigame, as masks worn by other children

>Michael Afton, AKA Eggs Benedict, is also the star of this game

>The new black bear, Lefty, is actually the Puppet inside a new animatronic body

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

All I want to know is which animatronics are evil

Hearing a loud together again is confusing me

Spoiler

Only Scrap Baby, Springtrap, & Molten Freddy (aka Ennard) are evil.

We don't see Lefty getting burned in the Good Ending.

12 hours ago, Froste-the-SnowMetallix said:

Been watching a lot of Pizzeria Simulator footage (Because I'm too chicken to play it myself), and I've made a list of tidbits I've found interesting (MASSIVE SPOILERS):

Reveal hidden contents

>There is now a Funtime Chica, as well as "Rockstar" versions of the Classic 4:

hd4ocxewsz101.png

>I thought Circus Baby was benevolent in Sister Location, in that she genuinely wanted to help the player until she got assimilated into Ennard, who used her voice to lure Eggs Benedict into a trap. But no: Apparently she's really evil, and the other Sister Location animatronics forced her out of Ennard, so now she's trying to "put herself back together".

>The racecar arcade game has a secret minigame with more lore, but I have no idea what to make of it:

>Scott recently confirmed that the guy inside Springtrap is William Afton, AKA the murderer, not his son Michael. So Mr. Decrepit Yellow Lapine really is evil. And it seems we finally have an official look at what this monster looked like when he was still alive:

O7aM6AtjQzpCPqeyJCdd-uTUEyE358H0KosvQCZwab4.png?w=1024&s=269bf97108dbaa5de675a1cb07e62364

>Oh, and Michael Afton is Eggs Benedict, if my understanding is correct.

>And finally, "Leemonadeh fohr eberyone" needs to become the new "Exotic Butters". Just sayin'.

EDIT: Even more questions answered:

Reveal hidden contents

>The Fredbear incident of FNAF4 took place in 1983, as confirmed by Scott himself

>Funtime Chica was the springlock failure suit, and the one Michael was trapped in during Sister Location's Night 4

>The new Rockstar versions of the main four animatronics are what "inspired" the FNAF4 kid to dream up the Nightmares

>The Puppet is FEMALE

>The new animatronics (hippo, frog, etc.) appeared in the "Happiest Day" minigame, as masks worn by other children

>Michael Afton, AKA Eggs Benedict, is also the star of this game

>The new black bear, Lefty, is actually the Puppet inside a new animatronic body

And here I was thinking I was the only chicken here...still dove into it like a dumbass...

Do you think Scott Cawthon regrets giving out

Spoiler

Five Nights at Freddy's 6:

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator

Spoiler

the grand finale of the FNAF series for the sake of being a master trollsman

and not making any money off of it?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

Only Scrap Baby, Springtrap, & Molten Freddy (aka Ennard) are evil.

We don't see Lefty getting burned in the Good Ending.

Wait if he's evil shy did they kick out you know who

So...

Not gonna lie. TBH, I don't see what the point of the Michael narration in Sister Location was. Seems like a really unnecessary "lol he's Springtrap, pysche he's not lol" moment.

They still never answered how the animatronics in 2 move.

Those aren't the animatronics from 1. The animatronics in the first game, haunted by the murdered children, are the third generation, as 2 is a prequel. The Toy Animatronics are quite possibly artificial intelligence-based like the Funtimes, but that still leaves the Withereds.

Is it really over?

Edit:

I think I've got it, actually.

In FNAF 2, you are presumably working at the pizzeria shortly after the child disappearances happened. As the nights go on, the details start to come out as to what happened. The murdered children were stuffed in the suits, which gradually decayed over time and became the Withereds, but would later be refurbished for use in the first game's pizzeria.

My guess is that Fazbear Entertainment used to be an innocent company. At some point, they brought Afton Robotics on board to build newer, better animatronics - these would become the Toys; this business decision likely stemmed from the tragedy of the Bite of '83 at Fredbear's Family Diner, thus calling for a huge rebrand. Unfortunately, Afton turned out to be a psycho who used his privileges as a business partner to kill several kids.

Eventually, Afton Robotics and Fazbear Entertainment split. Fazbear Entertainment refurbishes the Withered Suits we see in 2 for use in 1, while Afton goes on to create the Sister Location. My guess is they both had copyright on the animatronics, but they pursued different ways of bringing them to life: Afton went for robotics and AI (giving them murderous intentions in the process), while Fazbear/Henry innocently kept using the old animatronics, unaware of their being haunted.

It's possible Henry didn't have full control of the company, either, which would explain why there was such blatant disregard for safety and the like. ...of course, franchisees tend to have a lot more freedom than places run directly by the company...

Cue the premise of FNAF 6. Michael Afton becomes a franchisee and advances Henry's agenda by coincidence.

8 hours ago, Lord Lavender (Ogilvie) said:

So...

Hide contents

Not gonna lie. TBH, I don't see what the point of the Michael narration in Sister Location was. Seems like a really unnecessary "lol he's Springtrap, pysche he's not lol" moment.

They still never answered how the animatronics in 2 move.

Those aren't the animatronics from 1. The animatronics in the first game, haunted by the murdered children, are the third generation, as 2 is a prequel. The Toy Animatronics are quite possibly artificial intelligence-based like the Funtimes, but that still leaves the Withereds.

Is it really over?

Edit:

I think I've got it, actually.

Hide contents

In FNAF 2, you are presumably working at the pizzeria shortly after the child disappearances happened. As the nights go on, the details start to come out as to what happened. The murdered children were stuffed in the suits, which gradually decayed over time and became the Withereds, but would later be refurbished for use in the first game's pizzeria.

My guess is that Fazbear Entertainment used to be an innocent company. At some point, they brought Afton Robotics on board to build newer, better animatronics - these would become the Toys; this business decision likely stemmed from the tragedy of the Bite of '83 at Fredbear's Family Diner, thus calling for a huge rebrand. Unfortunately, Afton turned out to be a psycho who used his privileges as a business partner to kill several kids.

Eventually, Afton Robotics and Fazbear Entertainment split. Fazbear Entertainment refurbishes the Withered Suits we see in 2 for use in 1, while Afton goes on to create the Sister Location. My guess is they both had copyright on the animatronics, but they pursued different ways of bringing them to life: Afton went for robotics and AI (giving them murderous intentions in the process), while Fazbear/Henry innocently kept using the old animatronics, unaware of their being haunted.

It's possible Henry didn't have full control of the company, either, which would explain why there was such blatant disregard for safety and the like. ...of course, franchisees tend to have a lot more freedom than places run directly by the company...

Cue the premise of FNAF 6. Michael Afton becomes a franchisee and advances Henry's agenda by coincidence.

Spoiler

The Toy animatronics were said to be "tampered with"- that's William reprogramming them to be killers. And the Withered animatronics were confirmed to also be the Classic ones in 1.

And upon finishing the game and doing more research, I've discovered even more answers to this franchise's lore:

Spoiler

>The Puppet is confirmed in the Good Ending to be Cassette Guy's daughter. She's been alive for all these years trying to stop William from murdering kids, ever since she was his first victim, as shown by the "Save Him" minigame in FNaF 2, as well as this game's extension of that. In this game, she's inside Lefty, trying once again to stop the murderers. She ultimately succeeds, as the Good Ending reveals that Cassette Guy's plan was to lure all the remaining evil animatronics (Springtrap, Baby, and Ennard) into one place to burn down and destroy them for good. And it worked! Michael (the protagonist of both SL and this game) and Lefty/Puppet deliberately stayed inside the building to ensure the three villains wouldn't escape, and so both of them could finally have the sweet release of death.

>Since the Puppet is female, this means, by process of elimination, that the FNaF 4 kid became Golden Freddy. And reportedly, the new Rockstar animatronics are where he got the ideas for the Nightmare versions of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Nightmare himself (Lefty)

>At some point, Ennard somehow assimilated the souls of the murdered children into itself, and they kicked Baby out of the hive body, forcing her to rebuild herself with scrapped animatronic parts, alongside Springtrap. Ennard, now completely controlled by Funtime Freddy (Apparently all the other SL animatronics' A.I.'s faded away or something), and he's back to doing what he was programmed to to: Killing.

>Baby is confirmed even further to be William's daughter, now named Elizabeth. And now that she's her own entity again, Baby's bloodthirsty programming has caused her to want to be a killer, too. She even says in the Good Ending that she's doing it to make her father proud.

>We get some backstory on how the girl became the Puppet: She had a beloved puppy that was hit and killed by a car. While crying, stuck outside of a pizzeria, William (Dressed as Spring Bonnie), approached her and claimed he could bring her pet back. Of course, we all know what he really did, and then he dumped her body into the back alley. The Puppet, programmed to find kids and make them happy, detected the girl and went outside to her, allowing her soul to possess it, becoming the real hero of this franchise.

>Finally, it's implied that Michael is also Mike Schmidt, the hero of the first game, and that Cassette Guy is Henry, William's old business partner from the novels. This is supported by him calling William "old friend" in the Good Ending.

• Thumbs Up 3

'im glad the series ended this way. The kids souls go to heaven and springtrap rots in the deepest plot of tells fires

Mod hide this for me or spoiler it I can't on mobile it seems

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Mod hide this for me or spoiler it I can't on mobile it seems

If you can't spoiler tag something, don't you think it's actually better just not to post it, maybe?

Anyway, here's a fix for you. Ifyou can't see the button for spoiler tags on your current set up, just manually add them in.

[spoiler]Put spoilers in here[/spoiler]

Those are the BBcode spoiler tags.  Make sure you remember to use the "/" in the closing tag (or just copy and paste my example).

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

If you can't spoiler tag something, don't you think it's actually better just not to post it, maybe?

Anyway, here's a fix for you. Ifyou can't see the button for spoiler tags on your current set up, just manually add them in.

[spoiler]Put spoilers in here[/spoiler]

Those are the BBcode spoiler tags.  Make sure you remember to use the "/" in the closing tag (or just copy and paste my example).

I must share my love of things though! :) Lol but fixed it