Spin Attaxx

Five Nights at Freddy's - Help Wanted in Virtual Reality

On 3/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

I'm just amazed at how sloppily this ad was made that they used a fan model without going through the usual licensing process.

Then again, I'm sure the owner of Popgoes is pretty flattered that the FNAF games would use one of their models. Even if not asking for permission is kind of not awesome.

To be fair, the owner posted on Reddit and he was a very good sport about it and was flattered. It wasn't Scott's fault, though, in any case.

In any case, though, it's nice to finally have an official FNAF game with real-time 3D visuals.

Spoiler

So we've got the Circus Baby gang in FNAF 4, animatronic building/repairing, and characters walking freely in our line of sight. That's all fine by me, but seeing those gross bugs all over (and throughout) Chica is where I draw the line. 

Also, you might've noticed a shoe in Freddy's torso. A remnant of the child possessing him, perhaps?

And here's a hands on discussion on the demo that is being held at PAX East, with some big info within.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/28/head-and-hands-on-with-five-nights-at-freddys-vr-help-wanted/#/slide/1

TLDR-

Spoiler

-There are three levels in the demo:

The first is the original FNAF1 room and gameplay, the second is the repair segment with Bonnie.

The third demo is a new type of level, which has you trapped inside the restaurant's ventilation system. You are tasked with repairing the vents by pressing the right switches in the right order if you have any hope of escape before they find you. 

- The Vent Repair level might be where the player bumps into Mangle in the trailer: mangle_logo-copy.jpg

So, this could be in FNAF2's building.

- Help Wanted is expecting to drop on April 30th.

- The game will have over 40 different levels.

- The game's hub is in an arcade where you use tokens to purchase collectibles and other unlockables.

- While some levels are the same as the older games, the developers insist there are many new things created for this game.

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread. Well, since I spotted it again, I guess I'll drop some random questions to stimulate the mind a bit in-between:

Who are your favorite animatronics/characters?

What is your favorite game, whether gameplay, aesthetic, and/or story wise?

How do you feel about the series being as long and/or varied as it ended up being?

Is there an aspect of the series you wanted to see more done with at any point or for any reason?

With the wrapup that came in Pizzeria Simulator and then Ultimate Custom Night, are there some elements of the story you have any particular surprised or alternative thoughts about?

Edited by Strickerx5
fixing forum glitch

So Gametheory came out with a video on Help Wanted and while I haven't watched it yet, I have seen the thumbnail. Or rather thumbnails: on my labtop, it features 

Spoiler

Springtime Bonnie

but on my phone, it features Freddy.

Anyone else seeing that?

Game Theory: FNAF, You Were Meant To Lose (FNAF VR Help Wanted)The Game Theorists • 2.9M viewsLive23:40Playlist ()Mix (50+)

The FNAF movie might be languishing in development Hell because Scott keeps rejecting every idea put before him, but... there's this.

There is a rumor that it developed out of an early draft of the FNAF film that was rejected, but whether that's true or not, well... my God, it exists. And since everyone is comparing it to FNAF, I figured it appropriate to link it here.

I feel sorry for all the 70s and 80s kids who grew up with the actual show. :P

This is both an extremely bad and an extremely brilliant idea.

8 hours ago, Legosi (Tani Coyote) said:

The FNAF movie might be languishing in development Hell because Scott keeps rejecting every idea put before him, but... there's this.

There is a rumor that it developed out of an early draft of the FNAF film that was rejected, but whether that's true or not, well... my God, it exists. And since everyone is comparing it to FNAF, I figured it appropriate to link it here.

I feel sorry for all the 70s and 80s kids who grew up with the actual show. :P

This is both an extremely bad and an extremely brilliant idea.

Seriously?

This almost looks like a parody trailer.