Spin Attaxx

Five Nights at Freddy's - Help Wanted in Virtual Reality

Teaser and Announcement Trailer for FNAF: Special Delivery

five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delive

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/081079/five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delivery-announced-now-open-for-pre-registration/

After a brief teaser surfaced online last week, sending the FNAF fanbase into detective mode, Illumix has today revealed that Five Nights at Freddy’s AR: Special Delivery – an all-new AR FNAF game – is set to creep onto Android and iOS devices later this year.

The developer hopes to treat fans to a ‘completely new audio and visual gameplay experience’. You’ll be able to summon your favourite nightmarish animatronics into the real world through some impressive AR tech for a ‘survival horror game never before seen’.

Not much else is currently known about the project. I’m not really sure how similar it’ll be to the point-and-click originals, but I’m personally hoping for something a little different. The mainline entries are known for their striking monster designs, intriguing lore, and heart-stopping jump scares. Most of those elements seem very much intact in Special Delivery.

Scott Cawthon, the creator of the Five Nights at Freddy’s series, had previously talked about Special Delivery over on Steam, saying that “the team at Looking Glass is doing an amazing job; the graphics look fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing how the finished product comes together!”.

And this isn’t the only FNAF game currently in development, with FNAF: Into Madness, console ports of the original games, and a AAA multiplayer title in the works. Then there’s the FNAF movie, which – according to Cawthon – is still slated for a 2021 release.

I’m told that you’ll be able to pre-register from today using this here link. We’ve seen plenty of great VR horror games over the years, but I honestly can’t think of too many genuinely scary AR titles. Here’s to hoping Five Nights at Freddy’s AR: Special Delivery is one them.

five-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delivefive-nights-at-freddys-ar-special-delive

First off we have a teaser for that upcoming game, of a new character called Glamrock Freddy

7_1.jpg

We also got this

nextyear.jpg

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Movie

• We have a script.

Game Projects:

FNAF VR: (Done!)

FNAF AR:

• Check for updates on fnafar.com!

(Steam may not let you go there directly from here.)

FNAF: Into Madness (On hold (or is it?))

Console Ports: Scheduled for release by the end of the year!

• I’m working closely with the people at Clickteam to create new, improved, HD ports of all of the original games! They will be released on Android, iOS, Switch, XBox and PlayStation! 

AAA Game: (CANCELLED (well, not really))

• There has been a shakeup for this project. I'm actually not at liberty to discuss some details, but I'm taking control of this one and feel a lot better about its direction. This won't get started until late 2020, however.

New Book Series: Done and awaiting publication!

• Some of these are pretty disturbing... Publication date: December? Amazon says December... I thought it was March. No one tells me anything.

??? TBA

• The second game from Steel Wool. ETA: 2020

This is why I set my phone to "Do not disturb"

EDIT:

Some official info from Reddit

You have 1,111 new messages

First we'd like to thank the community for the warm welcome into the FNAF family. We are huge fans ourselves and we have loved being hard at work building this game -- we truly want it to be a one-of-a-kind experience for all of you. However, it became clear during development that the animatronics are not easy to work with. We've found several getting out of their shipping containers and wandering around the studio at night. Some even left the parking lot? (Don't worry, we've tracked them down and found the issue - just a few lines of bad code nobody seems to remember implementing.)  Also, some QA testers left as a result of a failed test case? Seems odd since it's their job to find those things, but our ghostly pale and surprisingly sweaty QA Lead kept saying "they're gone...lost to the shadows," in every daily meeting since.

We know these characters hold a special place in your hearts, and we need to show them a little respect, right? So we're going to take a bit more time to fortify their crates, refactor some code, and hire some new QA employees so we can express ship these special deliveries to you before the holiday rush.

We've been listening to all of you and appreciate your enthusiasm. Today we're announcing that those who pre-register at fnafar.com have a chance at getting an Early Access Ticket. Those with tickets will be our first customers to experience it all -- over and over and over again, forever!

Thank you again for your passion and understanding. We'll have more to share soon(er this time)!

I wouldn't put it past them if the Fazbear Entertainment and the perils it contains really do end up living on till 5639 at this point.

And who's this "C"? Yandere Chica from UCN confirmed?

New DLC info & pics

hr1yeyyk55u31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&aEwy9geM.jpgW8oOiiG.jpgcC5CrI8.jpg

Description from the DLC:
"The Curse of Dreadbear DLC unlocks a new Halloween themed hub packed with spooky new mini-games and prizes. Weekly content will be added through the month of October 2019.
* New spine-tingling mini-games include Trick or Treat, Mangle Repair, Corn Maze, the Plushkin-Patch, “Cap’n Foxy’s Pirate Adventure” dark ride and many more!
* Featured frightening animatronics include Nightmare Bonnie, Nightmare Chica, Nightmare Freddy, Jack-o-Chica, Jack-o-Bonnie, Dreadbear and a few surprises.
This content requires the base game Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted in order to play."