Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

On 6/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Looks like we're getting our first female security guard.

protect.jpg

Is that for a game or for the short story books?

• 4 weeks later...

To celebrate FNAF's 6th Anniversary, we have (what I assume is) Vanny in the costume

obey.jpg

EDIT: Teaser of Glamrock Chica &

Spoiler

Roxanne

7ssegbyt1sf51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a2tk3nfgu1sf51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 3:14 PM, Sonictrainer said:

To celebrate FNAF's 6th Anniversary, we have (what I assume is) Vanny in the costume

You know, it's times like this when you step back and say, "This is stupid." 

• 5 weeks later...

First look at Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach. Actual footage recorded from PlayStation 5.

• 2 months later...

"I'm here to talk to you about the Fanverse Initiative."

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep, this is really happening--Mr. Cawthon reached out to a number of fangame developers with an opportunity to make themselves official. This includes funding to produce new games for their series as well as the rights to get in on the merchandising.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:09 AM, DabigRG said:

Oh look, it's Plushtrap! Gonna actually do something in the story, maybe?

Kinda reminds me of that one fangame in that house where the animatronics search for you.

Boys, this aged interestingly.

Guess I can t call that a fangame anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Since Security Breach is still being worked on, Scott made a FNAF Beat'em Up

611180-crop0_59_1820_733-fgevydrn-v4.jpg

Hey everyone, so here is your big Security Breach news for the week.

As you all know, Security Breach was originally planned to come out at the end of 2020, but as we kept working on it and kept adding to it, it just kept getting bigger and bigger and needed more time to finish. And now, again, I've made the decision to put more time and money into it to make sure it's finished properly, and that means a late 2021 release instead of an early 2021 release like I had originally wanted. It will be worth it!

I know it's disappointing, but I didn't want you all to walk away empty handed so I made something for the community:

https://gamejolt.com/games/furysrage/611180 

• Promotion 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Since Security Breach is still being worked on, Scott made a FNAF Beat'em Up

611180-crop0_59_1820_733-fgevydrn-v4.jpg

I thought that said Furry's Rage for a second.

Anywho, Game theory brought up a peculiar point near the end of this video.

I kinda doubt means that much of anything, but it does line up in an interesting way.

• 1 month later...

Welp, Scott Cawthon is revealed to have supported anti LGBT politicians and given money to anti LGBT foundations, supported Trump, and posted a massive non-apology on Reddit:

Now I will say that him receiving threats to his family online is wrong and shouldn’t have happened in the first place, but everything else about him is a big ugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's disappointing for sure, and I certainly don't agree with the threats sent to his family or the doxxing. That's terrible and atrocious, and even if we don't agree with Scott, that's uncalled for. I'm also not a fan of the apology for the most part, despite me thinking Scott isn't a terrible person. He is one of the better creators out there for supporting his fanbase and their creations, as well as donating tons of money to other charities that actually matter. I've always respected him for that, but I don't know if I can anymore for this. The fact he seems to put the economy over people's lives and rights is pretty gross, with that being his excuse as to why he supported Trump, but it's really not that surprising given he's a White Christian, even if I hoped differently. I agree somewhat that nothing is clearly black and white when it comes to supporting a candidate, and you have to pick and choose, but Trump is a whole different animal. I don't know how anyone could look at the events of last year alone and think "I want more of this!", especially for a science believing man like Scott says he is. He can say he believes in equality all he wants, but it isn't what is important to him, because he would not be funding the people that try to take away other's rights if it was. McConnell is just as bad as Trump too and he doesn’t even try to defend supporting him. It just makes me feel gross as someone that really respected Scott.

And here I thought Scott was the All-Loving, Do-No-Wrong Good Counterpart to Yandere Dev.

I love how he gave $5000 to Mitch McConnell of all people, and yet can't even justify why he did so. Stood up for Trump and Tulsi Gabbard, but not the turtle, despite giving him the most out of all of them. Also keen to know just who these, "enemies of America, of which there are many," are, exactly.

But yeah, my respect for him has basically up and died now. Naturally, he doesn't deserve being doxxed and/or harassed - very few people do - but I fundamentally cannot support this man or his franchise ever again. All the charity donations in the world mean nothing when he's fuelling the need for said charities to exist by lining the pockets of people in power who openly hate gay, black, trans etc. people and want to take away their rights. He may not be anti-LGBTQ+ himself, but his statement (it's not even an apology, he doesn't apologise for shit) makes it clear he doesn't really care about LGBTQ+ rights if his thoughts on these ghouls is, "Well I may not agree with everything they say, but the economy, that's what matters! And things would be much worse off for everyone if those other people were in power!"

Honestly kicking myself for not realising this sooner. I knew he started out as a heavily Christian guy, but I had always assumed he was one of the more level-headed ones. He can say what he likes, but his actions paint a different picture. Especially considering he got this rich off of a fanbase with a sizeable LGBTQ+ population, and his non-apology regarding his support of terrible people who hate said population. And of course, people on the subreddit and Twitter are going to bat for Scott because "da meanies say nasty things about the FNaF guy : ( (". Denial's a heavy drug; he's been the nice guy for so long, in a fanbase of largely impressionable kids and teens, no-one wants to believe "Uncle Scott" would support terrible people, no matter what his intentions are.

So yeah. Fuck Scott Cawthon.

• Thumbs Up 3

The said thing is he’s got an army of 10 year olds at this point that’ll continue supporting him, so he’ll probably do fine regardless of what we say at this point. 

Makes me feel sick to have lined this guys pockets over the years. I feel really dirty that I have an official poster behind me and I went out specifically to buy a frame for it when I got the poster.

Well those ten year olds are gonna have a fun time when they grow up and feel what its like to be a Trumpist.

Ya gotta love that he can't even come up with a good bullshit reason to support McConnell. Like Trump he's at leasttrying or the whole "herpa derp Murica's enemies" nonsense. But he's got nothing to even fake justify his Moscow Mitch donations.

• Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, PaddyFancy said:

Makes me feel sick to have lined this guys pockets over the years. I feel really dirty that I have an official poster behind me and I went out specifically to buy a frame for it when I got the poster.

Well those ten year olds are gonna have a fun time when they grow up and feel what its like to be a Trumpist.

In fairness, it's not like Cawthon was overt about his support for the GQP. He was a pretty quiet guy on the political front, so none of us could have known until this whole thing blew up.

5 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

In fairness, it's not like Cawthon was overt about his support for the GQP. He was a pretty quiet guy on the political front, so none of us could have known until this whole thing blew up.

I've known about his Christianity for a long time. Knew about it from before the days of Trump. Yeah its remarkable its only come out now and not sooner when Trump was still in power. Knowing he was a Christian wasn't an issue to me. I would have prefered to not have known any more that would make him undesireable otherwise it would ruin what I thought about him. Unfortunately its happened. It was a matter of time.

There's some famous people who I like that are either a Conservative/Republican, but I know nothing more than that. Ignorance is bliss and I rather not hear much about it or read up about it out of curiousity. The Politics tab of a persons Wikipedia page I tend to scroll past, unless something damning like this comes out and becomes widespread knowledge. Not saying at all that I'm shooting the messenger for bringing this to the fore.

It still hurts and I can't look at any of my physical possessions. I'm not much of a player of the games but I had bought a fair amount of merch, such as posters, calenders, books and plush toys. Even had it as my phone background, ring and text tones. I was pretty obsessed for a while. It was my favourite thing for a certain period. Now I'm not sure if I want to donate, dispose of or set fire to my FNaF posessions. The poster I mentioned has already been removed from its frame and scrumpled up into a ball.

Yeah even outside of LGBTQIA+ issues, these people who care more about the economy than people's lives, doesn't sound very Christian to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

As expected, James Stephanie Sterling (who arguably helped Scott get the idea for FNaF to begin with) is not having any of this:

Like I said before, the only plus to this is that he doesn't openly preach the shit of the people he donates to, to his vulnerable fanbase of young children. If he could open his stupid eyes to the real damage he is causing then that'd be better, but hey at least he doesn't say shit like a certain popular fantasy author. 

I was never particularly interested in the FnAF series, and this news isn't changing my already distant relationship with it. But I certainly won't be looking to FnAF as a recommendation in the future. 

It is one of those things that did not surprise me actually knowing his background before FNAF. Which was a drastic shift. Regardless I still look forward to playing the new game. Same as I still look forward to buying the new earthworm jim books even though the author NEVER shuts up about anything political online and is pretty intense on stuff he rants on. If i let everything that someone does or has said in the past move me from series i follow id never like anything.

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

It is one of those things that did not surprise me actually knowing his background before FNAF. Which was a drastic shift. Regardless I still look forward to playing the new game. Same as I still look forward to buying the new earthworm jim books even though the author NEVER shuts up about anything political online and is pretty intense on stuff he rants on. If i let everything that someone does or has said in the past move me from series i follow id never like anything.

Just buy it used since it’s getting a physical release. He literally used FNAF funds to donate to anti-lgbt politicians and foundations and Mitch fucking McConnell. Continuing to fund him directly is gonna send the message that shit isn’t a deal breaker cause “muh video games”

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Just buy it used since it’s getting a physical release. He literally used FNAF funds to donate to anti-lgbt politicians and foundations and Mitch fucking McConnell. Continuing to fund him directly is gonna send the message that shit isn’t a deal breaker cause “muh video games”

you can buy fnaf used?