Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

The speculation I've seen posits that instead of actually taking place during the bite it'll be more the aftermath and the victim having bad dreams about the animatronics, hence "nightmare" and the sheer ridiculousness of the designs. 

• Thumbs Up 3

*Sees Nightmare Bonnie*

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAY!...AGAIN!

The speculation I've seen posits that instead of actually taking place during the bite it'll be more the aftermath and the victim having bad dreams about the animatronics, hence "nightmare" and the sheer ridiculousness of the designs. 

That would be an interesting angle, and if nothing else it would lend itself more to the idea that a security guard- Jeremy- was the one bit (we can guarantee camera watching will be in this game after all, and a customer wouldn't know anything about how the security worked to have comatose dreams about it).

However, if that's the case then Scott's kind of positing a ridiculous question. Surely Jeremy would know- subconsciously or otherwise- which one grabbed ahold of him, wouldn't he, particularly if he had fleeting glimpses of his and the animatronics' positions before the attack? Also, if this is only taking place in the mind of the victim, it's not much lending itself to the finishing the story. The victim can't possibly be fully aware of all of the shit that's gone down during this franchise's history, so what does the audience have to gain from this viewpoint?

It can be more of a question for us than the player. Or he blocked it out or something. You could probably make a pretty interesting gimmick out of the idea of paranoia or worrying that something might remind you of a memory you don't want. 

Plot twist; Purple Guy is Bite victim.  Good point. Though it could just be a more enclosed game meant only to answer the question of who did it. 

But again, the fandom never guesses right on these things. 

"Was it me?"

it's me

I know it's Bonnie and all but he looks like a mouse instead of a rabbit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just saw that image and...

Holy shit this is getting more and more demented.

I'm starting to ponder if the kids and Purple Guy had anything to do with all this, or if there's just something legitimately fucking evil following the franchise around. They were just mortals who got taken along for the ride.

*Looks at the new image*

At this point, the main protagonist is better off using a nuke as a shield or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I know how the rest of the images will go down

Nightmare Bonnie: Was it me?

Nightmare Chica: Or me?

Nightmare Foxy: Could it have been me?

Golden Nightmare Freddy: NO. IT'S ME.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd actually love it if Chica's image read "LET'S EAT" or some variation of the phrase. I'm really looking forward to her teaser.

I don't know whether I'm looking forward to Foxy's or Chica's teaser the most...

Though I'm more inclined to believe Freddy was the perpetrator of the Bite of '87, as of late, especially with that freaky ass Nightmare Freddy and the lil' Freddles all over him.

It just occurred to me that for this to actually be about the Bite of '87 these would need to be warped versions of the Toy animatronics rather than the basic ones, since it was supposed to have taken place during FNaF2.

That, or Scott's doing one of those thing again where all signs point to one thing so he pulls something else out of thin air. 

one theory one youtube channel that I follow brought up was that fnaf4 could take place in a museum

here's a link to the theory for anyone who wants to see it https://youtu.be/eYYPZHbmDNM

personally if this takes place after fnaf 3 I can see this being possible thanks to the auction plus

it might could explain why the animatronics look more nightmarish then normal

tumblr_nj0o80Lck01u9e6mzo1_500.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't really see how a museum would work. Fazbear's Fright was scrounging for stuff from the places, and could barely find anything (which implies not much survived) but also were able to get their hands on Springtrap (implying this wasn't just some low-budget search grabbing what they could, if something big turned up they could get it), so that would seem to imply whatever could be found was already in Fazbear's Fright, which subsequently burned down and took most of its crud with it. 

Unless they made new stuff just for display. Or they bought all this stuff before Fazbear's Fright. Or Scott's pulling things from nowhere again.

Also, they're kind of relying on the idea that the poses we see the characters in in the teasers is guaranteed to be the poses they're in in the game, which the FNaF2 teasers rather handily disprove. 

They think the game takes place in a museum because of the lighting and poses? Really? Remember this image?

tumblr_inline_nbtbvqMBZW1sprpm4.png

Red tint, lively pose, still takes place at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. The heavy lighting is obviously just for setting the mood for the teasers.

And oh yeah, the 10 in BB's FNAF3 teaser was totally not related to which room he appears in on the camera monitors, it was totally hinting the release date of this game that was probably not even thought about by Scott Cawthon while he was hyping up the third game.

It would be pretty interesting if there was a correlation between this new Bonnie-like character and Shadow Bonnie from FNAF 2, but the teeth make it a bit doubtful

I'll hold off full opinions until the game is out, and I'm still looking forward to it, but those designs leave me a bit skeptical.  In short, I don't think they're scary at all.

The important thing about the first game in the series is that, much more than 2 and 3, I can believe that this place and these animatronics are real.  Everything about the establishment is kid friendly and realistic, with excellent lighting choices and camera angles to further set the mood.  The first game is still the creepiest and has the best atmosphere of the three because it feels like a corruption of something real.

This is where 2 dropped the ball a bit, with the character models looking a lot less believable, and in some cases downright ridiculous.  The overemphasized teeth, worse textures, less harsh lighting, less believable animation, and all the other details just seemed more amateur, and therefore wasn't as immersive.

3 pushed this even further.  While the lighting and textures were definitely improved, now we're dealing with a gory looking monster and ghostly hallucinations.  It is much less grounded in reality than before, and it's less relatable, which makes it less scary.  Plus, the setting was a mistake, in my opinion.  Making a horror game ABOUT a horror attraction just kinda served to highlight how much less scary it is.  When scary shit happened in 1, it was way more intense because you know there was no way this was supposed to happen at a family friendly restaurant.  In 3 you're constantly surrounded by horror themed settings, so when something is supposed to scare you it just feels like par for the course.

And then we have these teaser images for 4, which take the original animatronics and make them look demonic, sharp-toothed, messy, and dangerous.  And that's why it's not scary.  I look at those and EXPECT them to be monsters.  There's no sense of uncanny valley, it's a straight up demonic creation.  No subtlety to it, which is really the biggest thing.  The first game was subtle, and the rest of the series seems to have become progressively less subtle.  Subtlety is what makes horror really get under your skin.

tl;dr - 4 doesn't look scary, hope I'm wrong

• Thumbs Up 7

They're the first in a series.  :)

They're twenty five bucks.  :(

Crud. I've love one (well, I'd love a Bonnie), but twenty five bucks? What about that thing makes it cost so much? 

They're the first in a series. :)

They're twenty five bucks. :(

Crud. I've love one (well, I'd love a Bonnie), but twenty five bucks? What about that thing makes it cost so much?

Well, you have to remember that, a lot of the time, people who make this sort of thing from home have to use their own money to gather materials. Plus, there's the time and effort that not only goes into learning their craft, but the amount of work that goes into making said product.

That said, I haven't really done much of my own art for profit yet, so I can't really say if that's a good price or not. [emoji53]

If they're coming from someone making it from their home then I understand it. I just kind of assumed that wasn't the arrangement, since they didn't really limit the amount that can be bought very much (limit five per person, but considering a place like the Disney Store limits some plushes to two per person it doesn't seem like much of a limit) and that's a lot of plushies for someone (or even multiple someones) to hand make. 

My first thought was Chester from Don't Starve.

9c7596c6397845b5e5babb51ea403f16.jpg

Chester_asleep.png

That'd be pretty sick. It could be something else but this was the only thing that jumped into my mind. 

The teaser also asks "are you hungry?" Chester is an NPC character that can store things for you in his mouth. Also, you know... Don't Starve

Edit: One of the other teases is clearly for Octodad. So maybe they're doing indies, and Don't Starve is included?

EDIT AGAIN: I didn't realize this was the FNAF thread. I thought it was the LBP thread. I got lost. Do any FNAF characters have big tongues?