Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

The only way I can see it being done somewhat correctly is basically ripping directly from the video game format, as in one of those horror movies that's straight from a camera perspective the entire time (protagonist). It'd be amazing for them to break some ground by maybe having as little to no dialogue as possible, to really hone in the atmosphere and mystery of it all. I feel like anything slightly more than the protagonist finding some recordings of the last guy working there or something similar will ultimately come off as too cheesy.

Sadly I can see Hollywood making it something it's not. Throw in a unnecessary plot about a kid and a parent being locked in there over night, or maybe it's more of a "night crew" with cheesy and unfunny dialogue sort of business where people unexpectedly die off one by one in horrific matters to try to sell it more on a "wow cool death" factor rather than fear. Or even if they go the more game-centric route they wind up over explaining things to the point where it's boring and unable to get invested and sunk into fantasy.

I've always admired the series for being a unique horror indie game that's successful, but never really bothered to play much of it. That said I could be way off on my own beliefs on what will make it an awesome watch, but all I do know for sure is that it really does need to be done professionally and correctly, preserving what keeps the game and fanbase so interesting, or it's just going to flop. And it being a horror genre and all, it's extremely difficult to pull off in the movie world. Though when done expertly, usually these kinda things become pretty legendary.

...aaaaaand that's when we get the shitty straight to DVD versions of FNAF, like Five Nights at Freddy's 7: Return of Bride of Freddy: Surprise Deathday Party

• Thumbs Up 4

Markiplier should be Mike Schmidt

I keep seeing people saying this.

I'm all up for an absolutely horrible movie to point and laugh at but that crosses the line into something that would legitimately make me not watch it and actively hope for its total failure.

Seriously, having the ability to over-dramatically scream at something does not qualify you to head a major motion picture based on that something. 

Sorry, I wasn't trying to snap at you specifically. I just saw the same thing like ten times on Tumblr and I can't tell if those people were joking and it got extremely irritating and I sort of jumped at the opportunity to mini-rant. 

Have you actually seen Markiplier act? He's actually pretty good, at the very least, he can pull off a creepy villain character, from what I've seen of his live-action stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Have you actually seen Markiplier act? He's actually pretty good, at the very least, he can pull off a creepy villain character, from what I've seen of his live-action stuff.

This could be a really good cheesy horror flick, and I usually don't watch horror. But as some pointed out already, I really don't trust Hollywood to keep what made the games so effectively atmospheric, even if Scott Cawthon will be a part of it. For all we know, they'll just get some nobody actors as dumb teenagers who get trapped in the place at night and get killed off one-by-one instead of it being just a security guard who gets no dialogue as an effective vessel for the audience so they feel more vulnerable and fear-driven by what's happening.

Nope, that's too "different" and thought-provoking for Hollywood's current idea of what horror is. The truly scary stuff about FNaF to me was always the stuff you never saw or heard. Not the jump-scares, not the creepy noises the animatronics make when they got close to you, just what wasn't told or seen by you the player. With Hollywood, it's always got to be what you see and doing it in such an over-the-top fashion.

But hey, like I said, I don't watch horror movies, so I'm probably in no position to say all the newer ones are like that.

You forgot to include his best performance

That bassy voice does wonders

• Thumbs Up 2

Mark could probably do a decent acting job in a big joint. It's not just his acting, but he gets really personal with his fans like weekly, and will get serious and come close to breaking down. He's so comfortable in front of a camera and of sharing his emotions with people that I wouldn't mind him at all.

However, I don't want him to play Mike Schmidt, for the fact that I don't want any of the guards to be seen and empathized with. That way, you can probably develop them and the restaurant's sinister nature secondhand, since we never get a reasonable answer as to why anyone who's seen the animatronics move would stay another night. You could work in a well-done extortion angle by keeping it as low key as possible. I wouldn't even mind having footage during the day, because it would provide nice time for development and a chance for everyone to see how Freddy's is supposed to look, as well as provide contrast. But the nights should keep as close to the ambiguity of the game as possible.

But really, the biggest star of this needs to be Scott Cawthon as Phone Guy. I wouldn't even mind him being visible. However, everyone else needs to be some no-name or crew member.

In short, do a Paranormal Activity 1 where stuff is developed ambiguously through the day, and the nights play out like the game. EDIT: Now that I think about it, PA1's day/night format would actually be perfect for this film. So yeah, just steal that.

(Sorry if this post rambles. Exhausted.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone know what "It's Me" was supposed to be referring to this whole time or does it go in the "Random things from before the popularity explosion" pile? 

But really, the biggest star of this needs to be Scott Cawthon as Phone Guy. I wouldn't even mind him being visible. However, everyone else needs to be some no-name or crew member.

Eh...I know Scott actually does the voice and all, but if he actually showed up, I always kind of figured Phone Guy was older than him. Dude's been at multiple store locations (FNaF1 place is presumably open for twenty years, before that he's clearly already in some kind of supervisor position at FNaF2's location, old enough to have seen Foxy at the old place which has been closed for so long they can't track anyone from it, FNaF3's tapes might imply another location I don't know), and was apparently about to retire. 

Though I guess makeup and wigs are always a possibility. 

I like to think that the It's Me thing, now that 3 has passed, references the killer. The animatronics are possessed by restless spirits and tend to use hallucinations to allude to him. That, and the only other time we've been given a statement referencing one's self, it was the "I am still here" line, which of course was Purple Guy.

As for Phone Guy's age in relation to Scott's, it wouldn't much matter since we never know how old he was in the first place (in fact do we know Scott's age?) And you're right, VFX can handle that. But in general that was my first casting thought, and in fact my only one. Scott should make an appearance somehow, and he should be the most prominent person.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, considering Phone Guy remembered Foxy from the first Freddy's (either as a kid or an employee who liked the characters), and survived all the way to the first game (where its Freddy's probably closed down in 1993, and given how much the company has stacked against it given the Bite, the missing children and the springsuits, it's honestly a miracle it made it that far into the 90's), he couldn't have been all that old.

Though given the job description, I reckon he'd certainly look old :U

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqmqordZs4

Holy crap this is awesome.

NateWantsToBattle really outdid himself on this one, I think. I'm loving the beat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just caught the latest hotdiggedydemon (PONY.MOV, Luigi's Day Out) cartoon - felt obligated to post it here, it's absolutely amazing

• Thumbs Up 9

Just caught the latest hotdiggedydemon (PONY.MOV, Luigi's Day Out) cartoon - felt obligated to post it here, it's absolutely amazing

That was beautiful.

I wonder if he'd consider making another one based off the other games...

I'm actually surprised, considering his other cartoons I've seen were cringeworthy and kinda tasteless. This is actually very well done.

i1VKdAy.jpg

Oooooooh.

OOOOOOOOOh.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yay, something happened!

No idea what it means!

I like to think that the It's Me thing, now that 3 has passed, references the killer. The animatronics are possessed by restless spirits and tend to use hallucinations to allude to him. That, and the only other time we've been given a statement referencing one's self, it was the "I am still here" line, which of course was Purple Guy.

Why would the spirits refer to him that way, though (why not, like, "It's him")? Especially since I'm pretty sure they're supposed to think you're Purple Guy, aren't they? 

What is this suppose to mean!? Is it trying to imply that the series is almost over? Did someone take the hat? If so, who?

Maybe it's signifying that it was sold at the auction. /Probably stupid idea.

Or maybe now we'll get movie teasers. /Definitely stupid idea.

Or maybe Scott just got sick of people claiming the light on the hat was actually secret images. 

Or maybe Scott just got sick of people claiming the light on the hat was actually secret images. 

He would've removed the whole image rather than just the hat if he wanted that. 

Oh dear, this topic has died. Better give it a gift or put it in a animatronic suit?!

MatPat has done it again but this time, he has put a lot of time into it so finding flaws might be harder to find.

Also somecallmeJohnny did his review on the trilogy as well but he has Elliot to do the work for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay, more crud for people to insist is canon no matter what happens.  <_< Anyone willing to give a brief rundown of what he says? 

He revisits his theories and actually goes over points he admits that was wrong, such as crushing his Phone Guy is Purple Guy theory.