Awoo.

Five Nights at Freddy's - Scott Cawthon Financially Supports Anti-LGBTQ+ Politicians

Spin Attaxx

So what are the thoughts on the game theorists latest vids on FNaF’s lore? Seems to line up pretty neatly from what I can get. And given Scott has confirmed he’s been right in the past on most of the stuff, yeah I think it’s worth a watch 

These are old and he pretty much had most elements figured out but 6 offically rounds off many things. I was glad to see the villains lose.

But did they?

Henry's comment about how everything will be forgotten... that almost invites the quote of those forgetting history tending to repeat it.

In-universe, Fazbear Entertainment still has some of the most recognizable IPs. Someone would quite possibly snatch them up.

Here's hoping that it's someone who actually wants to entertain children rather than a psychopath like Afton.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Funko just announced the next line of Pops and Minis, the theme this time being Twisted Ones. I decided to share this since it gives us our first ever look at Twisted Chica, and...

Spoiler

IaheRLtsCC7CUNfpjyOPmIy_hXTIRtqEHJb-wHya3jw.jpg?w=750&s=3b3bcfd9b6749e25af0fad127eabe710

Z3hBDEWaxGEdyry65yIKrz3qAVAdGrlWzkG3HDYBufA.jpg?w=534&s=48f61569a158f044ddd971f5b365f9af

*shudders* I'm going back to killing Helpy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not completely related, but kinda related, but it always sticks to me how Scott Cawthon, once a relative nobody in the gaming industry, is now the creator of a franchise that's lasted this long and has toy, book and movie deals on top of that. That we can actually discuss about in a forum not even remotely related to the franchise in question.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having not read the books, but know a few spoilers,

Spoiler

They really didn't try with wolf's name? Couldn't they try associating him with that one unnamed dog that was mention?  And isn't Theodore just a normal robot?

And dat open mask Springtrap... DX

• 1 month later...

The juicy part is at 1:09.

Basically, Scott Cawthon said he has always wanted to license the games to other developers, but he wanted to be the one to finish the franchise.

Now that he has completed the main story, he says he is content to revisit the idea of licensing to other companies, and that there will most likely be more FNAF games in the future, they just will not be made by him. He says his fanbase deserves really AAA titles that he, as a single person developer, just can't give.

So yeah. There's that. The main story may be over, but the franchise most likely isn't.

16 hours ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

The juicy part is at 1:09.

Basically, Scott Cawthon said he has always wanted to license the games to other developers, but he wanted to be the one to finish the franchise.

Now that he has completed the main story, he says he is content to revisit the idea of licensing to other companies, and that there will most likely be more FNAF games in the future, they just will not be made by him. He says his fanbase deserves really AAA titles that he, as a single person developer, just can't give.

So yeah. There's that. The main story may be over, but the franchise most likely isn't.

So what? Does that mean these new FNAF games are going to be their own alternate continuities or something?

Depends how tightly he's holding the reins, I'd imagine.  They'll be alternative continuities mainly if fans decide they are; it seems unlikely that that'll be the official take, as calling them AUs would defeat the point of officially licensing the franchise rather than just telling the fangame developers to go hog-wild.

1 hour ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

He says his fanbase deserves really AAA titles that he, as a single person developer, just can't give.

"AAA"? As long as that mean it doesn't get crammed full of microtransactions and other such bullshit, then count me in.

Here's the Steam post where he said all this, plus something else:

Hey guys, I wanted to give an update about the future of FNaF games!

I know I’ve given updates on this before, promising console releases, VR, and more, but in all honesty, the reason those things haven’t happened yet is because of me. I’ve had some good opportunities come and go, but at the end of the day, the same issue has always remained: I wanted to finish the series myself, and I didn’t trust anyone else to do it. Whether or not that was a good decision can be debated, but I wanted to finish the story, even if a bigger game publisher could have maybe done a better job.

At this juncture though, with the release of Pizzeria Simulator, I feel good about revisiting some of those opportunities. So, yeah, there will hopefully be more FNaF games at some point in the future, but they won’t come directly from me anymore. You guys deserve better than one guy at his computer making these games, anyway! I think if there is to ever be another game in the series, I would want it to come from an experienced publisher that could really make something incredible.

Putting major releases aside though, I’ve rolled around some ideas for updates to Pizzeria Simulator. A lot of people have wanted an endless tycoon mode, or a custom night. So, I may eventually begin work on something like that. If I did though, it wouldn’t be with teasers and cryptic hints. I think I’d rather just have a devlog and share with the community about what I’m working on, posting updates a few times a week and just talking with you guys.

So, on that note, what sounds like more fun for an update, an endless tycoon mode with new items and new day-to-day challenges, or some kind of ultimate custom night (featuring lots of characters)? And obviously any updates would be free!

Let me know what you guys think, and I’ll keep you all updated on any developments!

UPDATE: Based on the communities response to the update ideas, I've decided to start working on an Ultimate Custom Night for Pizzeria Simulator! Be watching Scottgames.com over the coming months to check on my progress! (This doesn't necessarily mean that an Endless Pizzeria Mode won't happen eventually!)

Sure enough...

pv9R1HB.png

Place your bets, folks.

• Thumbs Up 1

The term AAA is more associated with negative bullshit vs quality work, so not a fan of him using that to describe his vision going forward for the franchise. We don’t need it to go the route of say “We Happy Few”

anyway story wise, they could always continue off the books 

Ultimate Custom Night? Screw that noise....

Image result

Sonic better watch his back if he's really going on the road again! (Why no guitar Bonnie-mobile?)

• Chuckle 1

Half the roster for this ultimate Custom Night has been revealed!

Spoiler

cn.jpg

We're looking at an all-star team of the best animatronics from each game! (And Endo-Plush, for some reason)

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry, did you say half the roster? Try almost all of it:

smhNlVp.jpg

I wonder who the last two will be. Maybe some new guys/unseen forms of old animatronics? Hahahaha oh wait I forgot Molten Freddy and Lefty exist.

6 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Sorry, did you say half the roster? Try almost all of it:

smhNlVp.jpg

I wonder who the last two will be. Maybe some new guys/unseen forms of old animatronics? Hahahaha oh wait I forgot Molten Freddy and Lefty exist.

I was hoping the Twisted Gang would make their game debuts. Oh, well. But out of the five Trash Animatronics, why isn't Scott going with the obvious choice?!

Spoiler

yb6fFWBI2Nyzp26kD7zl0X7onqoHHZKo5GqkQEFvIQU.png?w=384&s=bce79173d9b7d1e02e37dec339346679

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott decided to alter the roster a bit:

tNuihrN6MAGH00-hWstnfcQATs0L7S1hvW2aGfZX_Tc.jpg?w=1024&s=ea3556ea0420cfee068cc4fec386ab45

I'm glad the Trash Gang and the Freddles have been merged into fewer slots instead of taking up space. (Scott should direct Smash Bros. 5!)

And now Molten Freddy, Nightmarionne, Nightmare, and the Withered versions of Bonnie and Chica are joining the fun! (rip endo-plooshie and candybot ;n;7)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

We've got YET ANOTHER roster change!

137-cn.jpg

Now there are 44 killers after us, including Phantom Mangle, Phantom Freddy, Nightmare Enragement Child, and... HELPY?!

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

• Thumbs Up 2

scott 

pls 

STAHP

138-cn.jpg

Now Phantom BB, Nightmare Bonnie, Funtime Foxy, Nedd Bear, Orville Elephant, and Old Man Consequences from FNAF World are out to get us, bringing the rogue's gallery to 50 members!

This seems to be the final roster, but we all know Scott at this point. See y'all again in five minutes for the next update.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Scott has announced what the Ultimate Custom Night's office will be like:

Spoiler

Well, I've been working on the new office for a new days now and I wanted to give an update. I had a few different directions that I could have taken it. 

Options that I'd considered were:

- Futuristic Office: This one would have felt like Sister Location. It would have been sleek, metallic, and very sci-fi.

- Retro Office: This one would have felt familiar, like FNaF 1 and 2. It would have felt like a classic custom night, full of old monitors, soda cups, and props from previous games.

- BIG Office: With 50 characters, I was tempted to create a larger-than-life office with lots of doors and vents, with a spacious view of the whole place.

I was going to put the question to the community about which option everyone wanted to see, but I knew I needed to base the decision on what would have provided the best atmosphere. I chose to go with option 2, the retro office. While the futuristic office and the big office would have certainly been different, I don't think they would have been very scary. And while custom nights have never really focused on being scary (they are too chaotic), I still thought it was important to focus on atmosphere, and to keep things close, claustrophobic, and familiar. I wanted this to feel like a classic custom night, so I built the office with that in mind.

Hopefully I'll have something to show in a few more days!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/738060/announcements/detail/1649878105668690408

• Thumbs Up 2