Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

5 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Actually it looks like Dark Mewtwo has a different, much more dangerous moves

*epic pictures*

That reminds me of the final boss of Soulcalibur 4, not Mewtwo, and that's a really funky moveset

Wow, I don't remember seeing that, only mega dark mewtwo X....man that sounds silly lol. Those are some awesome moves!! But we haven't seen the actual original Mewtwo trailer or moveset right? he could possibly have the same attacks. If not that'd be cool, even without Mega Mewtwo Y, to have original moves for Mewtwo and different, more devastating attacks for Dark Mewtwo would be pretty nice!!

...did I say those moves look fantastic? specially those blue and red/orange fire blades.

Also, fun fact, the main Co-producer Harada is the main Tekken guy, but the other Co-Producer is the head of Team Soul, and it seems that they are handling the home port's modes, which means we could get a pretty sick array of single player features if SC 1-4 are any indicator

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahhh...very interesting indeed!! "My Town" almost sounds like an in-game hub (to a much much lesser extent) but I doubt it. Or perhaps it could be a miiverse central of sorts? with friends walking around, miiverse messages displaying and such? I dunno... it's kind of unlikely but I can't think of something else. 

This game seems to focus on the actual battle mode and hopefully an array of single player / multiplayer / online modes, so I think it's nothing too huge. Although the idea of customizing a town of sorts and walking around it with your pokémon would be neat xP

• 2 weeks later...

Pokken confirmed for EVO 2016! Actually, Pokken is a really clever move, since a key principle of the way the designed the game is to appeal and be good for both newcomers and long term fighters. The idea is for it to be a gateway drug, and if it works right it could bring a lot of new talent to EVO

12 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

I wonder how that'll work out with local play locked at 30fps and forced usage of the Wii U gamepad.

And you can use just about any controller in any other mode

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Komodin said:

Speaking of controllers, here's something to keep in mind: That Pokken Tournament controller can not only, only be used for that game, but it apparently can't be used by Player 1.

http://www.slashgear.com/pokken-tournament-controller-cant-be-used-by-player-1-26424353/

There's a comment in that article saying that's a typo, about the part saying it can't be used by player 1.

8 hours ago, Komodin said:

Speaking of controllers, here's something to keep in mind: That Pokken Tournament controller can not only, only be used for that game, but it apparently can't be used by Player 1.

http://www.slashgear.com/pokken-tournament-controller-cant-be-used-by-player-1-26424353/

That's referring to local multiplayer on a single console, do your research dude

33 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

That's referring to local multiplayer on a single console, do your research dude

...Y'know, there are more polite ways to say someone is incorrect. Just sayin'.

Remember Serebii said something about seeing some footage of Chandelure at a special fighting competition ? It was on the 31st I think.

So we should get some footage of Chandelure and maybe...just maybe of some of the other revealed characters. Dunno what the competition is but we should be seeing the video on Pokken's site / PokemonCoJp's youtube xD

Also cool to have Pokken at EVO, although by then we'll probably know all about it since it releases on March 18 right?

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

42 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

...Y'know, there are more polite ways to say someone is incorrect. Just sayin'.

Indeed. The article does say "If you're playing a local, two-player game, only Player 2 can use the Pokken controller." So I have little reason to believe Komodin was referring to anything else. And even if he was, you can correct him without the attitude.

Also, this is a really dumb limitation, but whatever.

Also, Pokken has already proven itself to be competitive at a basic level, we did have a small tourney last year

And everyone from the Tekken scene who competed in that plan to compete at EVO(or at least most have said so on twitter)

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the Pokken was announced to be at EVO people are calling it the "diversion" or "side-game", Hopefully after EVO people will see how competitive viable it really is.

The more i keep up with this game the more it disappoints me honestly. I really hope they prove me wrong upon release but the 30fps for local/same console multi-player. The first player not having a controller option in local matches (I know it's there to have your own perspective but other games have done it before and the arenas arent that big)....idk...  I'm just not impressed so far.

Time will tell I guess

8 hours ago, LunarEdge said:

The more i keep up with this game the more it disappoints me honestly. I really hope they prove me wrong upon release but the 30fps for local/same console multi-player. The first player not having a controller option in local matches (I know it's there to have your own perspective but other games have done it before and the arenas arent that big)....idk...  I'm just not impressed so far.

Time will tell I guess

Splatoon did it, SASRT did it, Nintendo Land did it. Any game that requires it will do it. 30FPS for split is pretty standard, heck lots of games did even worse. It's the price to pay if you want to play with a friend, and no one has any trouble with that. Every other game mode is 60FPS and allows you to use any controller. Also single player has the potential to be pretty sick with Project soul behind it, but we're unlikely to hear about it until a month, 2 weeks out because the arcade version still exists

I heard Pokken isn't doing so hot in Japan, so hopefully EVO gets it some recognition. Its an odd decision to put it there, but if it helps promote it, I don't mind.

Yeah, the non-LAN local multiplayer is entirely dependent on the multi-screen functionality, which requires a severe FPS drop for the sake of rendering two different viewpoints at once. Similar downgrades are pretty much common with split-screen multiplayer, and also a major reason why split-screen multiplayer has become a rarity on Sony and MS games, third-party or otherwise (Halo fans lost their shit when Halo 5 dropped support altogether after gradually moving from 4-player to 2-player over each game), because devs don't want to put in the effort to downgrade visuals to actually make split-screen playable, considering most AAA games these games barely run at 30fps as it is.

Oh, and it's also the reason why pretty much every PS4 game trying to support PSVR will look like PS3 games, because you need to render stereoscopically at high resolutions and at 90fps.

23 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I heard Pokken isn't doing so hot in Japan, so hopefully EVO gets it some recognition. Its an odd decision to put it there, but if it helps promote it, I don't mind.

That's actually a single misreport magnified by western media into a Malicious rumor. It did badly in a single arcade and that was about profits. Past Several months it's been in the top three most popular fighting games, and in many recent cases it's so busy you're lucky to watch, let alone play.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's that popular eh?

Well then, I hope they do like Smash, Splatoon, and Street Fighter 5 and keep releasing characters, supports and stages over time after it's console release.

Shoot, this may be Nintendo's first traditional competitive fighter.

11 hours ago, LunarEdge said:

Time will tell I guess

Honestly, you're not really getting an advantage with the GamePad as a controller as it has the same buttons. The arcade machine is already 2 arcade machines linked together, each with their own screen. It's the only way they could get Local mutliplayer to work. Though I wish they lowered the graphical fidelity to run at 60 FPS.

13 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Splatoon did it, SASRT did it, Nintendo Land did it. Any game that requires it will do it. 30FPS for split is pretty standard, heck lots of games did even worse. It's the price to pay if you want to play with a friend, and no one has any trouble with that. Every other game mode is 60FPS and allows you to use any controller. Also single player has the potential to be pretty sick with Project soul behind it, but we're unlikely to hear about it until a month, 2 weeks out because the arcade version still exists

Either way from what i've seen so far I'm not too excited for it, especially since the Wii U may be old news soon. Also, there should be no "price to pay" to play with a friend locally. Split screen? Why is that even a thing? So many games beforehand were able to pull off a game like Pokken without the need of split screen. The fighting "area" isnt that big and doesn't really warrant a need for both perspectives. Online is understandable to give you the option but you really don't need it unless i'm missing something.

And when it comes to "fighting" games I'm not much of a single player person unless it's like....the only option for unlocking characters. I just kinda jump into multi-player and play with friends/randoms online.

I'm just raising little concerns I have for the game is all. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, i just find some decisions made for this title to be a bit odd is all. Like I said, hoping the release proves that this concerns are little to nothing to worry about

• Thumbs Up 1