Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

12 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Aw...Chandelure looks adorable...until he/she does his finisher...

Yess!! was waiting for this gameplay trailer and it was absolutely worth it!! Chandelure is a really unique choice for a fighter and his fight-style is unique too! Very nice stuff!

I love how he can hang as a chandelier to evade attacks! The attacks are cool too! it's not just him "standing" and shooting flames, it's very dynamic, the fire spew that hits airbone enemies, the grab that hits from afar that looks like will-o-wisp and that sinister ultimate. Lovin' it!! 

Heh, Chandelere just wants to have fun XD

581.gif

(not mine, but so amusing... pretty sure it's the taunt)

Also this game has a ton of potential for EVO, each character has a radically unique style, and assists mix thingss up too

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like Chandelure's finisher. Pretty much perfect for a ghost who apparently steals the souls of things to keep its light burning.

Too adorable, I would run up to hug it, but it might steal my soul in the process.

This game is doing a good job of making each of the 4 fire-types unique with Charizard using it's flying and dragon like nature, Blaziken's swift close range combat, Chandelure's spooky + playfullness, and I can already assume Braixen is gonna have that magical girl + witch style.

Some small amiibo compatibility news that was revealed through Nintendo's website:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/7Jx1LHmWA-dlpmBIdPwb3X2VkEJzwTDO

Every single amiibo can get you in-game items. It's probably gonna be a daily reward system, but we currently don't know if the game will limit the amount of amiibo tapped per day. Will it be like Mario Party 10 or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, where you can tap every single amiibo per day to unlock a bonus? Will it be like Hyrule Warriors, where it limits you to scanning 5 amiibo per day? Guess we'll find out soon.

It's a shame that the other Pokémon amiibo don't do anything special.

7 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Some small amiibo compatibility news that was revealed through Nintendo's website:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/7Jx1LHmWA-dlpmBIdPwb3X2VkEJzwTDO

Every single amiibo can get you in-game items. It's probably gonna be a daily reward system, but we currently don't know if the game will limit the amount of amiibo tapped per day. Will it be like Mario Party 10 or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, where you can tap every single amiibo per day to unlock a bonus? Will it be like Hyrule Warriors, where it limits you to scanning 5 amiibo per day? Guess we'll find out soon.

It's a shame that the other Pokémon amiibo don't do anything special.

Points to more single player depth, perhaps customization Pokemon appearances/variants? Too bad we won't get any real details  until we get the scoop on single player 2-4 weeks before release per Namco status quo, likely through a direct/video/site update, but Project sould does some sick stuff, also no update to the website

They didn't state whether the amiibo would affect it any differently yet...maybe the Pokémon ones will unlock special things at first, where as the others just give you money or customisation items instead?

So Japan got an official tutorial video

perhaps we'll get one

I think either this week or next week we're getting another 4 character reveals(like last time) one by the team, 3 by corocoro, and then perhaps one final group of reveals for release, likely in a direct 2 weeks prior to release, in the west and east, that also blow-outs all the details on what's(hopefully) a quite expansive single player(since Team Soul is developing this). Standard procedure is complete silence on single player until near release to not hamper the arcade version. I think we quite easily have 8 characters left for console release

some new assists and screenshots(thanks Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184342 ) Oh and a look at some in-game trainers

SrzrThJ.jpg

Originally Posted by papertoonz

Cubone uses Bonemerang which is a quick long range attack that hits multiple times and brings opponents to you.
Diglett uses Dig which makes it easy to land combos when the opponent has been hit.

Magneton uses Tri Attack which aims upward. It lowers opponents' Speed & Attack and is good against jumping opponents.
Quagsire uses Mud Bomb. It is effective on players on the ground and damages even if guarded against.

Espeon uses Morning Sun which removes status conditions as well as healing Hit Points. The less time on the clock, the more it raises.
Umbreon uses Snarl which sucks up the opponent's Resonance Gauge and prevents them being able to land critical hits

new assist sets are Diglett/Cubone, Magneton/Quagsire, Umbreon/Espeon

78.jpg
83.jpg
81.jpg
79.jpg

mVBq0xM.png

also shadow mewtwo lady as well

0l6fVRH.png

So that's 4 Eevees as assists now(Eevee, Sylveon, Umbreon, and Espeon), That means odd of a playable one aren't completely horrible with 5 left, well who's most popular out of Vapreon, Jolteon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Flareon? Or would bring the most to the table? Either way the other 5 are quite likely to be in game as well. Betting on some more playables being revealed next week, still no updates to the site, I'd say we're about due in for a dedicated direct as well. or one split with Star Fox.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to say that the Shadow Mewtwo trainer reminds me of someone...

Weiss_Schnee_-_Trans_zpssblqyyno.png

Maybe its just me. lol But glad to see more helpers on board to help.

So, we have gotten a number of looks at the actual Wii-u select screens now, there's a ton of videos out there like this one

So we get a look at the character, assists and stage select screens. So here's the curious thing, the latter two both have a fixed grid with locked boxes, which means it's the final count(15 pairs of assists(so 30 inidvidual mons), and 19 stages, which is really a solid number), however the character select DOESN'T have locked boxes... or Mewtwo, or shadow Mewtwo(but he's an unlockable). So that means we don't know the final number of characters yet and TPC and Namco-Bandai are keeping the final roster count a secret. So we could easily have over 20 characters

Edit: here's the screens(not mine)

rsz_pokken_2_by_mcmemie-d9s3flx.png

rsz_pokken_3_by_mcmemie-d9s3fm8.png

Umm...guys, I have a bad feeling this is our final roster. Yep, 16 characters, 3 of which are both Fire types and Fire starters.

I am disappoint. =I 

5 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Umm...guys, I have a bad feeling this is our final roster. Yep, 16 characters, 3 of which are both Fire types and Fire starters.

I am disappoint. =I 

Doubtful, otherwise it would have been stated, these are preview builds, timelocks are possible, or a rollout plan like Splatoon

Full roster is 16 confirmed. Hopefully the game does well enough so we do see some DLC support eventually.

51 minutes ago, Bear Bird CC14 said:

Full roster is 16 confirmed. Hopefully the game does well enough so we do see some DLC support eventually.

In the PREVIEW version, and they have restrictions. again, there could be time locks or a day one update. Also notice how he also says at the moment and we don't know

• Thumbs Up 1

...who actually does time-locked updates, though? To the best of memory the only time I remember it ever happening was Alex Kidd being unlocked on Christmas for ASRT - if you already have a finished character on the disc it seems incredibly counterintuitive and arbitary to make people wait a certain amount of time to be able to see them, especially when Smash has proven dataminers will find it within days anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

...who actually does time-locked updates, though? To the best of memory the only time I remember it ever happening was Alex Kidd being unlocked on Christmas for ASRT - if you already have a finished character on the disc it seems incredibly counterintuitive and arbitary to make people wait a certain amount of time to be able to see them, especially when Smash has proven dataminers will find it within days anyway.

Both Pokken and Tekken have had character roll-outs in the arcade version, as free DLC(for that matter the arcade version has not gotten all the console characters for that matter), and they never said that would stop. Best Nintendo example is Splatoon.

This person mention that he got a preview code so it's most likely that this is not the final build of the game.

8 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Both Pokken and Tekken have had character roll-outs in the arcade version, as free DLC(for that matter the arcade version has not gotten all the console characters for that matter), and they never said that would stop. Best Nintendo example is Splatoon.

Wouldn't a closer analogy be the way they announced all the Mega Evolutions for ORAS before release, and all the characters for Hyrule Warriors Legends before release, despite considerable speculation and hope to the contrary?  With about a month to go until release, I don't think more characters are out of the question... but we've been burned before.

Well, if this is really it, just cross your fingers and say "it must be because they're going straight to work on Pokken NX!"

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a small chance that this is just a preview build. It has happened before with games like KI:Uprising, where only one third of the game was playable to critics!

I'm not getting my hopes up though, same with the DLC rumours. If they say it's not going to happen, then it isn't. =[

1 hour ago, Gabz Girl said:

There is a small chance that this is just a preview build. It has happened before with games like KI:Uprising, where only one third of the game was playable to critics!

I'm not getting my hopes up though, same with the DLC rumours. If they say it's not going to happen, then it isn't. =[

And Smash Bros, people forget that

Not getting my hopes up, either, considering the previewers were able to unlock every stage and support set (Including two unannounced pairs), so I don't know why they'd make a build that specifically excluded like four playable characters only.

@Bear Bird CC14, the Preview version of Smash had characters locked away too.

Also something curious I just noticed, I was watching this video

and noticed something on the main mode select screen, so I decided to check it against the main pokken site http://www.pokkentournament.com/en-us/game-modes/

And here's the pic

ch9dKOv.jpg (the imposed image is the actual in-game screen obviously)

There are four more mode lines than shown on the website, which implicates even more modes that have not been revealed and are under preview restrictions. There could be a lot more to this game than has been revealed so far. Since the site didn't have them there means there is some purpose behind them

• Thumbs Up 1