Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

So with that there seems to be two more slots left. We know the next character is Empoleon I wonder who's after that. 

CupXnkaXEAAOI4q.jpg 

Also when the hell are these guys coming to the console versions?

• Thumbs Up 3

I really do hope those extra characters get added to the console version.

This game is a solid beat 'em up. I really enjoyed playing as Suicune, because playing a fighting game as a quadrapedal character was a pretty different gameplay experience, or at least it certainly felt like it.

I liked the story to it, thought the emergence of Shadow Mewtwo and the crystal being the reason for his tranformation was pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been announced that a brand new character is to be announced for the arcade version of Pokkén Tournament on November 1st 2016 in a NicoNico stream on November 1st at 20:00 JST.

I wonder what it could be ;)

Serebii

That is such a random choice especially since it's a support character. 

The fact that its Croagunk and not Toxiquak (I know its not the English name but I just love its German name for being silly sounding but I digress) kind of implies there's some anime influence going on. Scizor was a highly requested Pokemon but Croagunk came out of left field and isn't near fully evolved and Brock's Croagunk is a prominent character in the anime. I honestly kind of don't like this addition because it isn't the cooler Toxiquak. That's just me personally.

I think Croagunk is pretty cute here. When I first saw the trailer I thought the same as October Rust... why not Toxicroak? But after watching the full trailer I really warmed up to the little guy... he's got oodles of personality here and is very cheeky. I think he'll an interesting edition to Pokken Tournament. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...