Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

Its at an angle, pretty sure you can fit at least 6 per a row, if not 7. As for collumns, it looked tight, but was pretty sure you fit a fourth row in. Add in an it being an 8th smaller it definately would.

I'm saying at least 18-21, though I still think 28 is possible. and Again that's not counting the additions for a home port, just the arcade release. Home ports generally add more fighters

You can only fit 6 if it slides over. Its clearly going to be centered.

Yes, they could shrink the icons. For the Arcade version I doubt it, though. Maybe for the console version they could potentially double the cast, but the Arcade version will probably be more limited.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, even though typing seems be loose in roster choices we still don't have a flying or a fairy, so I'm still pretty hopeful for an Eeveelution... Though I also just realized I don't think there is a water type or a bug type either yet, or a grass type now that I think of it

Well final game is definitely going to have at least one of each, so any speculation on what Flying, Fairy, Water, Bug and/or Grass Pokémon you guys think could make it on the roster?

Well, even though typing seems be loose in roster choices we still don't have a flying or a fairy, so I'm still pretty hopeful for an Eeveelution... Though I also just realized I don't think there is a water type or a bug type either yet, or a grass type now that I think of it

Uh, Gardevoir is Fairy, Charizard is Flying, and Suicune is Water.

Uh, Gardevoir is Fairy, Charizard is Flying, and Suicune is Water.

Isn't Gardevoir Physic? and I meant a primary Fairy and Flying type, guess you got me on Suicune though... I'm not a super heavy Pokémon guy, though seems like we would get a common water too I guess, since there are a lot of popular ones

Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy, I think.

Hawlucha still hasn't been confirmed, right? Weird, considering how well he would fit.

My point is, both Fairy and Water types have a large number of Pokémon that would fit well into this, and have the popularity that they are a possibility... admittedly the Water type I want is either Blastoise... or Golduck who I think is kinda cool, but that's me. That and I really want an Eeveelution, and I think one is extremely likely since Eevee is extremely popular, has almost every typing, and the base form is the only one that wouldn't really work as a playable character

Edit: Also, release date for arcades confirmed, July 16,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I2KctfNMkJI

Hmm, been thinking about the roster some more, so

I'd like to say 3 more for the arcade release with 2-3 more unplayable bosses(that are playable for the home version. Them keeping a handful to surprise upon release makes sense, is always nice to keep something for opening day.

Bosses are an arcade tradition, especially for Tekken, they are always playable in the home release, but not technically counted among the 3-5(at least) additional characters added for home release. Tekken generally has an oversized mid-boss (Ogre is a good example), perhaps an oversized legendary like Groudon, and a final multi form boss, Mewtwo is the obvious given for that one.

General rule for bosses is they are generally a little unbalanced, making them pariah and unplayable in the arcade release as they would be an unfair in the competitive scene. However the higher amount of customization and flexibility in the home version makes them fair game and just plain fun. A true Mewtwo or Groudon are both extremely powerful and the latter is huge if we are to scale. Great in the home version, but a little unfair in the arcade scene

I still see them rounding out the arcade roster between 12-15ish both due to UI and for a better overall amount of choices. so like I said about 3-6 left for the actual arcade release, then perhaps another 5 or more for the wii-u release, not including the 2-3 bosses made playable for the home version.

but hey that's my thoughts

Ya know what kinda bothers me about Charizard's Limit Break move is that its Mega Charizard X using a special attack...instead of ya know, Mega Charizard Y.

Ya know what kinda bothers me about Charizard's Limit Break move is that its Mega Charizard X using a special attack...instead of ya know, Mega Charizard Y.

You know the audience wants to see the Dragon version of Charizard with Tough Claws using Dragon Pulse instead of boring Y version with Drought using a Sun-boosted Heat Wave or Fire Blast. Come on now, don't be daft.

That's awesome, I was waiting for more Pokken goodness!

I guess we all expected Charizard, but man Weavile is such a great surprise!! Definitely seems to be my style so I'll probably main ~ I simply love Weavile's animations, such a loveable smug bastard.

Charizard's moves seem to be interesting too, based on flying, wing attacks and wind moves. Also seems to have Dragon Claw? Not too shabby.

Also no one seems to mention Jirachi and Whimsicott as assists :

pokken07154.jpg

Ok, so I got an interesting one for you guys, so general consensus is that it will take 6 months to see a console announcement, let alone release, but this isn't necessarily true for a couple reasons, and I think we could see a western console release by December.

Lets start with the general, crossovers tend to have higher turnover rates, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for example skipped the arcade stage. Street Fighter X Tekken also skipped arcade release as well. But you guys may say that's Capcom, how is that relevant to a new Namco game? Well for a Namco example, they released Tekken 7 a MONTH after the arcade release. Now while all those are established franchises, there is no reason that Pokkén Tournament wouldn't have a quick turnover too.

In fact it makes sense, both Nintendo and Namco have put good time into it's development, and it's based off an extremely popular franchise. A 1-3 month arcade run will whet the Japanese appetite, making them want the home version which will be on the Wii-u, and allow them to get the bugs out, yet with Nintendo's backing they can afford a shorter arcade only run. Now, other things that point to a quicker turn over is the fact it is already geared for a wii-u setup and control scheme, with a Gamepad style controller, and asymmetrical gameplay(which only the wii-u could do locally. We also don't know what hardware it is on, as it could also be on an arcade version of the wii-u hardware.

In short, it is likely a short turnover is planned, I'm not saying a 1 month turnover like Tekken, but the game coming out in October or November seems extremely likely and possible, and would add another high grade title to Nintendo's lineup.

Ok, so since this is another tangent with some actual info as a basis, here's another post, we got a look at the updated roster
8aOvB6Y.png
Looks like we got 6 more unannounced Pokémon left for release, and my bets are still on 2 unplayable bosses in the game, one giant, and one multiform(most likely Mewtwo), who will be added in the console release as playable, and perhaps into the arcade game at a later date. Also depending on how long an arcade run it has there could also be more time unlocked characters

Still need Gen 5 and 6 representatives and a Dragon, Fairy, Rock, Ground, Grass and Normal types.

Who wants to bet either Mewtwo or Deoyxs would be final bosses?

Still need Gen 5 and 6 representatives and a Dragon, Fairy, Rock, Ground, Grass and Normal types.

Both could be bosses, going by Tekken standards you have a giant midgame boss and a multi-form end boss,  both are unplayable in the arcade versions, but are in the home version, though neither are giant

Why not Hoopa Unbound?

The damn thing is 20 feet tall and has six arms.

Sounds like fighting game final boss material right there.

Why not Hoopa Unbound?

The damn thing is 20 feet tall and has six arms.

Sounds like fighting game final boss material right there.

sounds like a mid boss to me, for reference, here is the Tekken tag tournament 2 midboss true Ogre

True_Ogre.png

Largest character as far as I know, about half again as tall as the standard/next tallest character

My money's on Mewtwo being the final boss. I mean with all the Gen 1 pandering here, at least have the uber iconic legendary join the fight.

And technically there's already Dragon (Charizard X) and Fairy (Gardevoir) representations, but we'd probably see a non-Mega dragon joining.

I'd surmise Blaziken is already in, since we've seen that teaser with Lucario and Blaziken. I don't know what could rep for Normal though. I see Kangaskhan, Tauros, and Bouffalant possibly repping (and I'm much prefer either of the latter 2).

I would think Blastoise has a good chance as the standard default counter for Charizard, and he's awesome, and as the only way to replicate that one Anime scene in real time

Gardevoir is part fairy type dude.

As for the other types my choices would be something like this:

Garchomp: Dragon/Ground rep

Sceptile: Grass rep

Regirock: rock rep

Greninja: Gen 6 rep

Meowth: Normal rep

Hydreigon: Gen 5 rep