Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

The Wii U version that everyone was hoping for and predicting has FINALLY been officially announced for the West at Worlds. It'll release in Spring 2016 and feature Pikachu Libre:

IMG_20150821_081503.thumb.jpg.eddbb5c66d

Definitely gonna put this one on the purchase list.

Edited by CC14 Slasher

I knew this game will come out on Wii U soon enough!

I wonder if it'll have amiibo support. Or maybe, it's own line of amiibo!

Here's the trailer:

Sweet! I wish it would've showed a new playable pokemon, but I understand that you can't spoil everything.

Sweet! I wish it would've showed a new playable pokemon, but I understand that you can't spoil everything.

Pikachu Libre is seemingly not a skin but a new character.

Pikachu Libre is seemingly not a skin but a new character.

What? Well that's a waste of space if you ask me. Oh well.

The game is going to be released for Wii U next year!? Yes, finally! I thought the game was for the arcade version only because I will get my second Banapassport card to play Pokken Tournament if the game's arcade cabinets are released in Indonesia.

Btw, here's my first Banapassport card.

image.thumb.jpg.d98705a5f01050ad9f20a9f2

And it has been upgraded to play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 in Indonesia since its release there. Speaking about that, I can't wait to see a new trailer for WMMT 5DX during TGS 2015, and play that game after it's released in Indonesia.

Hahahah!, knew this was coming and my prediction on the release date was right. Also you guys, expect around 6-8 more characters, they've been doing the arcade character release/announcements monthly, home version usually gets several new/exclusive characters, which generally includes 2 boss level characters that may have to be unlocked(likely Mewtwo and a big guy)

So happy to finally see the announcement! I'm definitely getting this. Pikachu Libre is kind of a poor choice, but it's still pretty fun to see Pikachu in his luchador outfit, besides he's gonna have new moves and animations. There's definitely gonna be some more playable characters in the final roster though. Here's hoping for at least 1 rep for gen 5 & 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

So happy to finally see the announcement! I'm definitely getting this. Pikachu Libre is kind of a poor choice, but it's still pretty fun to see Pikachu in his luchador outfit, besides he's gonna have new moves and animations. There's definitely gonna be some more playable characters in the final roster though. Here's hoping for at least 1 rep for gen 5 & 6.

*puts on nerd glasses*

Actually, Pikachu Libre is female (as opposed to the regular Pikachu in the game), as you can tell by the tail.

tumblr_inline_ntfrv2xdcs1rjw2mu_500.jpg

Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 3

*puts on nerd glasses*

Actually, Pikachu Libre is female (as opposed to the regular Pikachu in the game), as you can tell by the tail.

tumblr_inline_ntfrv2xdcs1rjw2mu_500.jpg

xD Touché. Good point :P .still you get what I mean, same species.

Ah cool, they confirmed a Wii U release!

I guess it's a good day for Pikachu fans. Such as myself. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't any Gen 5 or 6 'mons, though. :c

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah cool, they confirmed a Wii U release!

I guess it's a good day for Pikachu fans. Such as myself. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't any Gen 5 or 6 'mons, though. :c

Sylveon seems a good possibility to me, the Eeveelutions are uber popular, it's a gen 6 rep with a gen 1 evolutionary root, and a dedicated fairy type... though I just want an eeveelution in general XD

also Librechu is kinda an obvious casual appeal choice.

If the roster stays as the same amount it has so far, then it'd pretty crap to be honest.

No doubt it'll have more characters for the home console release, it's the Tekken way.

• Thumbs Up 3

"We want Hawlucha!"

"Okay, here's Pikachu Libre!"

Seriously though, Pikachu Libre looks pretty funny. I'm annoyed at more Pikachu, but it's not a deal breaker.

Pikachu favoritism is nothing to be surprised about, I don't care. I'll just play Blaziken if I have to.

So uh...when is this coming to American Arcades? We were promised arcades, WHERE IS THE ARCADE RELEASE.

This game better have Greninja or Chesnaught. Otherwise imma be sad.

Also YAY Spring 2016! I'll definitely be getting it, but not sure if it'll be right away at launch.

This game better have Greninja or Chesnaught. Otherwise imma be sad.

Also YAY Spring 2016! I'll definitely be getting it, but not sure if it'll be right away at launch.

We all know Blastoise and Leafeon are the better picks :P

seriously though Blastoise would be pretty sick, and like I said I want an eeveelution, also Genesect would be pretty sick

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew this game will come out on Wii U soon enough!

I wonder if it'll have amiibo support. Or maybe, it's own line of amiibo!

I don't think this game specifically will have its own line of Amiibo, but Pokemon itself probably will have an Amiibo line, and they'll start with the characters in Pokken. And I have a feeling all the playable characters in Smash will eventually end up in Pokken.

tumblr_ntfuu3I7Zo1t5zcmgo1_500.gif

6e1e8a705710eafa1f71ea0c6f7f15b2.png

Nice one Namco

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that they choose a Cosplay Pikachu over say, Hawlucha. But Pikachu Libre look really fun so I'm not too defeated about it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hell YES you bet your ass I'm getting this

This is probably the only instance where I've been genuinely excited to play a Pokemon spinoff

• Thumbs Up 3