Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

Yeah, I'm not at all surprised Mewtwo is the boss, but interesting they made it a Dark Mewtwo. But on that note, he WILL be playable eventually. :D

Namco please localize the arcade version ! It'll be even more successful than Maximum Tune !

Actually, Dave and Busters is testing it in the US, but no tell if it'll be successful enough to bring into all, arcade machines are expensive

Actually, Dave and Busters is testing it in the US, but no tell if it'll be successful enough to bring into all, arcade machines are expensive

He said that he wanted the Indonesian/Asian version of Pokkén Tournament arcade cabinets.

He said that he wanted the Indonesian/Asian version of Pokkén Tournament arcade cabinets.

Well that, but a US/Europe version is also good.

So, just watched the end of the Pokken Dark(perhaps will be Primal?) Mewtwo video, well that's not over, it's obvious that the final version will be having another part, that's a signature two form boss, that ending indicates a stage alteration, then a transformatioon into Mewtwo Y form perhaps?

So, just watched the end of the Pokken Dark(perhaps will be Primal?) Mewtwo video, well that's not over, it's obvious that the final version will be having another part, that's a signature two form boss, that ending indicates a stage alteration, then a transformatioon into Mewtwo Y form perhaps?

Its possible its only a one-part boss for now and another part will be added later.

Its possible its only a one-part boss for now and another part will be added later.

That's what I'm saying

lol it would be pretty funny to see human fighters. But if they do, I want Bruno, because why not

No. It won't happen. Bandai Namco said that they're not going to put any Tekken character into Pokkén.

EDIT: Oops. I thought that you talked about Tekken. So, one of Kanto's Elite Four, right? Sorry, pal. Bruno won't be a playable character in Pokkén.

Edited by RazorGreninJovan

This MewTwo boss thing reminds me a lot of the Jaguarandi from Virtual on, or the Ajim, from VOOT, that is, if I'm interpreting it correctly.  

So... that crystal embedded in its shoulder is the reason it's a Shadow form?  Is that something new, or is it from one of the Pokemon spin-offs I haven't played?

So... that crystal embedded in its shoulder is the reason it's a Shadow form?  Is that something new, or is it from one of the Pokemon spin-offs I haven't played?

Makes me think of Space Godzilla, and it could be a ref or sorts to that style, I mean Mewtwo is an artificially created organism, it's possible that gem is the result of the corruption of his code? it could also be a reference to Tekken's Devil Jin thing

Shadow Pokemon did exist in Pokken Tournament. I don't know what the shard itself means, but basically Shadow Pokemon are a corrupted form a Pokemon where they've been stripped of all emotion and are basically mindless killing machines (I know nothing about this, I heard people talking about Shadow Pokemon so I read up on it).

Combine that with Mewtwo, one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence, and well... yeah...

Well, Shadow Pokemon have only shown up in the Gamecube games set in Orre so far, and Cipher was pretty much entirely disbanded at the end of XD: Gale of Darkness with the defeat of Shadow Lugia. Though it's quite possible that Shadow Mewtwo's trainer got a hold of Cipher tech.

Edit: So Shadow Mewtwo's Extra Attack is basically Freeza's Death Ball: 

Edited by Candescence
  • Thumbs Up 4

Shadow Mewtwo looks really cool! I think this will be a fun game to have when it comes out. Of course, I'll take Lucario with me everywhere! c:

• 4 weeks later...

CVG5fsRVEAIFr8u.png

Yup! we'll be getting a new playable character and the winner of the twitter campaign for a new support character.

The only clue we have is that the playable Pokémon has the " ン " character in it's name.

I get the feeling that it's gonna be Greninja for some reason...

For those curious ン is basically "n" as in for example pidgeotto in japanese :  ピジョ / Pijon 

Edited by dabbido

Given that I thought Sceptile should've been in Smash, this decision strikes me as eminently reasonable.  In other news, according to Serebii, that tiny poster also confirms Electrode and Farfetch'd as support Pokemon.

Oh, and by the way:

The only clue we have is that the playable Pokémon has the " ン " character in it's name.

[...]

For those curious ン is basically "n" as in for example pidgeotto in japanese :  ピジョ / Pijon 

Sceptile's Japanese name is "ジュカイン Jukain".

That's great! I guess it's no longer a surprise, but still it's a great choice, and I can't wait to see gameplay footage, fighting style and special attacks : )

And yeah I guess now we know the supports too. Can't wait to see the stream! ~ Who's gonna watch it with me?

So the announcement is a cute girl playing Pokken!? Seems legit. Give her my number right away!

But real talk Sceptile would be pretty badass in Pokken. And we'll have more Gen 3 reps at least.

RIP Infernape forever

Sceptile's cool too though. I picked Treecko as my starter for ORAS after all.

Kinda getting tired of everything being leaked all the time, eh.

• Thumbs Up 1