Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

So we've got two of the three Hoenn starters. Think Swampert'll be invited, too? 

And I'm still hoping for Greninja and Hawlucha! (And a few Gen V reps)

So we've got two of the three Hoenn starters. Think Swampert'll be invited, too? 

And I'm still hoping for Greninja and Hawlucha! (And a few Gen V reps)

I think one of the musketeers would be excellent gen v reps. Or Golurk.

If any of the Musketeers are gonna be playable, you can bet its going to Keldeo since he's had a movie and has cute appeal.

As for Mawile, while I can see it being a combatant I honestly think its going to be an assist pokemon at best.

Hawlucha is a must need for this game to be honest, Lucha Pikachu be damned!

• Thumbs Up 1

Where's Mawile. I need Mawile in this game

Yeah I need either Mawile or Sylveon in here for Fairy type love, I know gardevoir is Fairy type too, but I just usually associate it more as a Psychic type

all these pokemon suck because they aren't infernape

that is a lie I love sceptile BUT STILL

Man, I just want my favorite Pokemon to be playable in one fighting game, be it Smash or this. ;-;

• Thumbs Up 1

did I just see sceptile izuna drop a blaziken?

tumblr_nz4gj1VR7M1st1xkjo1_500.gif

my man

Dat izuna drop indeed. My boy is going at it! xD But man... now I don't know who to main.... well just to make a quick little review for all fighters (how I see it):

-Charizard: Mix between heavy-hitter and projectiles. Can do well in both 3D and 2.5D, but slow/sluggish.

-Pikachu: I think second speediest next to weavile, fast atacks, mid and long-range, good in both plains, but not strong...and also small.... dunno if it's a disadvantage. 

-Pikachu Libre: Similar to pikachu, but less long range attacks and more heavy-hitting moves.

-Gengar: Mostly based on Tricky moves, feints and such. most likely better at 2.5D.

-Machamp: Close range combat, basically him and suicune are opposites. Damaging up close in 2.5D may have troubles in 3D.

-Suicune: Mostly projectile based, long range and mid range. Good on 3D plain, may have troubles in 2.5D.

-Sceptile: Well I haven't seen his speed, but once again looks kinda balanced, seems to have many traps at his disposal. (plant mines, underground vine thing and hanging from the ceiling lol)

-Blaziken: Equally good in both plains, has more long range though it seems. Seems quite balanced, hits hard, probably kinda slow-ish?

-Lucario: Pretty much the balanced character IMO. It's kinda like your Mario in SSB, but seems to do better in 2.5.

-Gardevoir: err...after all of these I'm kinda confused but, apparently a mix of both mid and long-range but mostly specializes in air attacks.

-Weavile: Fast movement and fast combos, has some moves for both plains but does better at 2.5D.

Edited by dabbido

Two new sets of Support Pokémon have been confirmed:

Rotom & Togekiss

image.thumb.jpg.967769d79c48429a0727685b

Dragonite & Victini

image.thumb.jpg.16450d4d53717214285e3dbf

Rotom, Togekiss, and Victini are awesome additions! But that's not all... presenting :

Pokken Tournament Wii U bundle: 

wiiubundleth.jpg

Includes digital download for the game, plus Shadow mewtwo amiibo card.

A special controller will be out for Pokkén too! :

controllerth.jpg

Yup! the arcade controller pretty much. The Wii U Pro controller and Classic Controller Pro are compatible too!

The only bad news with this is Dragonite as support, there goes his chance as playable. Man this is like Smash all over again, crushing hopes with supports / assist trophies xD

It sounds awesome. I havent been following pokken so much, so what are the amiibo card? Are they like dragonball heroes cards? 

I seem to recall that the Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo Card unlocks Shadow Mewtwo from the get-go, so you don't have to play through the whole game to unlock it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seem to recall that the Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo Card unlocks Shadow Mewtwo from the get-go, so you don't have to play through the whole game to unlock it.

Yup... which makes the amiibo card kinda useless if you can just unlock him with some effort in-game but whatever.... I guess you can consider it a bonus.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Smashboards we got a list of eligible mons http://smashboards.com/threads/nintenzone-social-thread-3-0-swamp-the-hedgehog.422414/page-891#post-20706058

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kadabra
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Seadra
Scyther
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Lanturn
Umbreon
Granbull
Heracross
Sneasel
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Sableye
Aggron
Manetric
Flygon
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Drifblim
Honchkrow
Drapion
Lumineon
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Silglyph
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Chandelure
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Spewpa
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantium

Long list so I spoilered it.

Now my thoughts are Ok, would love an Eveelution so I'm glad Umbreon is on the list, however my likely guess is Scyther, Tyrantum(I mean a T-rex mon fighter would be siiiicccckkkkkkkkk!, and heck Tekken games have had a velociraptor before, time to step it up), and Darkrai. Unless they decide to do Groudon as a giant playable boss(which would be sweet but unlikely), pretty sure we can rule him out. Actually for that matter we can rule out any character who doesn't have limbs, who isn't a serpent, and most evolutions who already has a part of their tree playable in-game. Sadly I think we can rule out Raichu, I prefer him to Pikachu, but another clone would be very heavily shunned. That's my thoughts, I'd try to narrow down the list using my criteria, but kinda busy at the moment

• Thumbs Up 1

Heracross seems like an obvious choice, but possibly too obvious.  I also notice quite a few rocky-dinosaury sorts on that list - Tyranitar, Aggron, Tyrantrum - who aren't beyond the bounds of possibility.

I want Chandelure. He's awesome. But I expect Heracross or one of the Hitmons, probably Hitmonlee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some additional info

0jvzkc5.png
> Next week, Bandai Namco will be pulling back the curtain of another fighter on the way to Pokken Tournament. The announcement – which will likely come with a trailer – will be made on January 15. Only one clue has been shared: the Japanese name of the Pokemon has a letter ラ (ra) in it.

> 50 staff members attempted to predict the Pokemon and their reactions were polled after knowing the result. Here are the results of that:

> – My prediction is correct! I’m really happy! – 1
> – My prediction missed, but I’m still glad – 13
> – My prediction missed, I’m salty – 31
> – I’m actually perplexed, so I can’t answer – 5

I'd say rule out any starters from this, as this seems to point to a more surprising less popular 'mon like Suicune or Weavel were. I'd say this would also raise the chances of it being from a later gen, since up to this point we've had all gen1-3(?) 'Mons, and that tends to be their greater focus

Interesting so at least it shouldn't be a pokémon that's very popular or that anyone expects. But guys don't jump the board yet, that list has english names, remember in japan the name changes. So Some of this might change, unless the guy actually looked up in japanese. Anyways I'm excited.

I really want it to be Umbreon. Its Japanese name is Blacky (weird name o_o) sooo..yeah, gimme the best Eeveelution!

Considering the types presented so far in the game, i'm betting a mon that has either rock, steel or earth type/s. So mostly Tyranitar, Aggron or Aerodactyl.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah... it's most likely not a starter. Umbreon would be nice, but I'm mostly hoping for Flygon, Tyrantrum, Tyranitar, Aggron and both Hitmon Lee/chan are good options too. So yeah if you wanna check em all, here's the list of all pokémon and japanese names: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Pok%C3%A9mon_names  so you can ctrl + f (find) and insert the "  " character.