Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

Interesting choice. Guess now we know why those dudes couldn't guess it. XD Nice to finally have Gen 5 representation and very interested to see how it fights.

We have a non-traditional fighting choice with Suicune (which is welcome, of course), I don't see an issue with Chandelure. Chandelure is one of my favorites though, so it should be interesting to see how it looks in gameplay.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

We have a non-traditional fighting choice with Suicune (which is welcome, of course), I don't see an issue with Chandelure. Chandelure is one of my favorites though, so it should be interesting to see how it looks in gameplay.

I just realized this means we now have Bipeds, Quadrapeds, and now In-animate objects that technically don't have limbs. That leaves us with 2 more types of Pokemons: Bird/flying, and Serpent style, I mean they're showing they are going with almost every style of 'Mon and really digging. Well, that and a giant style. Well I mean, what there's what about 20 or so Serpent style 'Mons? What is the most popular, main one I know of is what, Arbok? Say anyone want to pull up a list of most popular Serpent types

I'd probably guess Seviper or Serperior if we were going to go there.

Not sure about bird types. I'd like to see something like Archeops, but I can see Pidgeot with its Mega Evolution. Farfetch'd would be pretty interesting too since it can fight with its leek and all. Oh, and Hawlucha seems like a natural choice, but who knows.

Besides those, I personally want to see Persian as its one of my favorites and it'd be interesting to see its versatility put to use, though I'm not going to hold my breath.

Whoa wow

I wasn't expecting Chandelure at all. Its one of my top 5 favorite pokemon so its an auto main for me. I can't wait to see it in action!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really hoping for Swampert. My favorite starter ever and it'd be heartbreaking if he couldn't make the cut while Blaziken and Sceptile do. When it comes to starters, it's either 1 or all 3.

Marowak would be super cool too.

Sudowoodo as a Mokujin type character would be so awesome. Maybe one day.

On 8/1/2016 at 1:43 PM, Marcello said:

I want Chandelure. He's awesome. But I expect Heracross or one of the Hitmons, probably Hitmonlee.

Wouldn't you know, he called it.

Pokken Tournament is like the revenge of the Fire-types for their neglect in the main games compared to Water-types.  Chandelure is a respectable addition to the really weird club for this game, and I like it.  Hmm, now that we have a better idea of the sort of game this is, are there any Pokemon I'd really like to see in...  Well, I have always been fond of Sudowoodo's design, and thinking about it it seems to me it would fit this game to a tee.  Would bump up Gen II representation, too.

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I'd probably guess Seviper or Serperior if we were going to go there.

For me, Serperior has kind of a similar visual profile to Sceptile; it's a really good example of a serpent-type Pokemon, but I don't know if I could pick it.  (I guess I did just display open Fire-type favouritism, though...)  Then again, Arbok and Seviper would just add to two already over-represented generations, while Gen V needs a boost.  Tough decision; those three (discounting Ekans) are really the only snake-type Pokemon as opposed to Pokemon that are merely snake-shaped, like Steelix and Milotic.  I suppose there's Zygarde 50%, but Zygarde's typing is wholly redundant with Garchomp in play.

Ch-Chandelure?

DVjrt4u.gif

I can't believe they actually put Chandelure in! Finally one of my favorites are in.

Now add Pidgeot for a bird Pokémon.

Chandelure! I like! Despite its horrifying Pokedex descriptions it's a cute Pokémon imo, so it's going to be interesting to see how he fights since...you know, it's a floating ghost/fire chandelier. Maybe projectile based, fighting from a distance? 

If we're looking outside of Pokemon that are based on snakes then Gyrados, Milotic, Huntail, Gorbyss, or Eelektross would also fit the bill for serpentine Pokemon. If they decide to add a flying Pokemon then I'd say Talonflame and Crobat are likely contenders.

I would personally love to see Metagross, Golurk, Aegislash, Houndoom, Heracross, and/or Deoxys on the roster. Greninja would be cool too, but given that he's already in Smash Bros. I wouldn't be too disappointed if he got passed over in favor of another water starter like Blastoise or Sammurott.

6 minutes ago, I'm Dan said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1170905

So the game will support LAN multiplayer so there's a better chance at being a competitive Pokken... too bad the local multiplayer forced one of the players to use the gamepad and make the game into 30fps, which is pretty bad for a fighting game.

That makes complete sense, Local is of course going to be on the gamepad and tv, since the game is designed to work from an individual viewpoint instead of a fixed viewpoint like traditional fighting games, and 30FPS for local is also obvious sense it's rendering on 2 screens.

In regards to it being designed for competitive play, well from the start due to the unique viewpoint and gameplay style it's designed to require a screen for each player, and to have 2 consoles so both can use a competitive controller. Also in the viewpoint of a competition standpoint having the LAN setup, and requiring 2 systems isn't that big a deal. The idea is to have an anime style show-offy, but serious battle, and it's not designed as a fixed perspective game, it'd take away it's unique flair.

Also this is Pokemon, where the main-line competitive game requires every player to have a console and a game copy, whereas if you want to have a simple compeitive bracket for Pokken, all you need is 2, or 4 units. 2 systems at least works. Also LAN capability helps too. Actually, most consider that as a hope for competitive play

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

Pokken Tournament is like the revenge of the Fire-types for their neglect in the main games compared to Water-types.  Chandelure is a respectable addition to the really weird club for this game, and I like it.  Hmm, now that we have a better idea of the sort of game this is, are there any Pokemon I'd really like to see in...  Well, I have always been fond of Sudowoodo's design, and thinking about it it seems to me it would fit this game to a tee.  Would bump up Gen II representation, too.

For me, Serperior has kind of a similar visual profile to Sceptile; it's a really good example of a serpent-type Pokemon, but I don't know if I could pick it.  (I guess I did just display open Fire-type favouritism, though...)  Then again, Arbok and Seviper would just add to two already over-represented generations, while Gen V needs a boost.  Tough decision; those three (discounting Ekans) are really the only snake-type Pokemon as opposed to Pokemon that are merely snake-shaped, like Steelix and Milotic.  I suppose there's Zygarde 50%, but Zygarde's typing is wholly redundant with Garchomp in play.

I wouldn't limit this by gen, rather by what characters are going to make the most unique roster for the first game. Sequel can focus a bit more on gens. Pokemon has never been about gen representation, rather that each one adds something to the legacy while keeping fan favs alive. Steelix is kinda ruled out by the fact the game is doing canon scaling, which means he's be what, the size of the arena?  I think/hope we're reaching the end of the starters, I'd say that Blastoise, and maybe Greninja are likely, since the former would be siiccckkkk, but the latter is kinda teetering since it'd make good sequel bait.

Now back on Snake types, well we got Arbok, Dunspace, Seviper, and Superior (and of course the first and third have their first evolutions, but they're both kinda lame). Of the four, well Dunspace does nothing, and Arbok is essentially a classic Cobra, pretty cool, but not very complicated. I'd say Seviper would have the most interesting move-set, since it's got general serpent style moves, but also could be a wierd sorta sword fighter. @Bowbowis, half of those are too big(as in arena size), kinda bland, and well Elektross has good move potential, but has Limbs which kinda beats the point. So yeah, putting my bets on Seviper.

Also, I still think Blastoise is the most likely Water starter, he's still the most iconic

15 minutes ago, AshGreninJovan said:

Pokkén Tournament is going to be released in Europe on March 18th, 2016.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/pokken_tournament_will_be_picking_fights_in_europe_on_18th_march

And in NA

So we're getting a simultaneous world wide release. Also got some pics of the new fighters soon

Ok, putting together all the new pics, give me a few minutes

wvnPGUE.jpg

48.jpg

51.jpg

ISXf3CU.jpg

BZmQZAA.jpg

dDoNemf.jpg

6WjNLnP.jpg

4ZvVNPZ.jpg

X2Qln9T.jpg

Pretty sure these are wii-u version, some of the previous ones likely too

381brqU.jpg
JZ3EGx6.jpg
XFo7jQb.jpg
dJEbbPL.jpg

381brqU.jpg
JZ3EGx6.jpg
XFo7jQb.jpg
dJEbbPL.jpg

Well, Garchomp is looking awesome, and I have no trouble with 30FPS for Local, I just play with friends anyways, and Assymetrical gameplay can be pretty darned fun

EDIT: And the RENDERS!

mewtwo.pnggarchomp.pngchandelure.pngbraixen.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah ton of news huh? I'm definitely liking the inclusion of Chandelure! ~ And we got new supports too? Oh man please tell me Magikarp splashes and eventually turns into Gyarados for massive damage *crosses fingers* The others are good inclusions too, hope they do something unique.

Other things are modes:

Single Battle: 3 difficulties

Local Battle: Gamepad and other controller, plays at 30fps sadly.

Online Mode: Ranked Matches and Friendly Matches, the latter allows to play with friends, anyone or people who got your battle code (I don't know if this is like a private room or ...idk). Ranked matches is where you gain... rank points based how well you perform. plus the LAN cable thing.

Oh and yeah March 18th release ~ Can't wait!

43 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

That makes complete sense, Local is of course going to be on the gamepad and tv, since the game is designed to work from an individual viewpoint instead of a fixed viewpoint like traditional fighting games, and 30FPS for local is also obvious sense it's rendering on 2 screens.

In regards to it being designed for competitive play, well from the start due to the unique viewpoint and gameplay style it's designed to require a screen for each player, and to have 2 consoles so both can use a competitive controller. Also in the viewpoint of a competition standpoint having the LAN setup, and requiring 2 systems isn't that big a deal. The idea is to have an anime style show-offy, but serious battle, and it's not designed as a fixed perspective game, it'd take away it's unique flair.

Also this is Pokemon, where the main-line competitive game requires every player to have a console and a game copy, whereas if you want to have a simple compeitive bracket for Pokken, all you need is 2, or 4 units. 2 systems at least works. Also LAN capability helps too. Actually, most consider that as a hope for competitive play

It has the same viewpoint as the Naruto UNS games. I dunno what framerate it runs at but it works perfectly fine in local multiplayer. I don't see why they had to put one person looking at the Gamepad, that's pretty irritating.

• Thumbs Up 2

Full Nintendo Of America Press Release

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pokkén Tournament, the upcoming game that lets players battle as prized Pokémon in fighting arenas, will launch exclusively for Wii U on March 18 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Pokkén Tournament brings high-definition game play and over-the-top action to never-before-seen battles between some of the most recognizable Pokémon characters. People that buy the first production run version of the game will also receive a special Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock the Shadow Mewtwo playable character in the game.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Japanese launch of the Pokémon franchise, the original Pokémon games (Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, as well as Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition) will be available as digital downloads in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Feb. 27 for $9.99 each. That same day, Nintendo will also launch a New Nintendo 3DS Pokémon 20th Anniversary bundle that includes the New Nintendo 3DS system, two Pokémon-themed cover plates (one featuring Charizard and one with Blastoise), an exclusive Pokémon HOME Menu theme and both Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version pre-installed on the system. The bundle will hit stores on Feb. 27 at a suggested retail price of $199.99. That’s a lot of Pokémon goodness!

For more information about Pokkén Tournament, visit http://www.Pokemon.com/PokkenTournament.

I think we've got our Blastoise reveal range now, February 22-29 to coincide with the Blue re-release/3DS release

9 minutes ago, AshGreninJovan said:

Regular Mewtwo's Burst Attack has it Mega Evolves into regular Mega Mewtwo X.58.jpg

56.jpg

Meh that's crappy, I really wanted Mega Mewtwo Y for regular Mewtwo, but whatevs, in a way it's just a bonus since it's a regular Mewtwo for those who don't like the dark version or want to play as the original one. So I guess it's okay, it's a lot of work to do another model and of course new attacks and "ultimate attack".

I'm still very happy about Garchomp, Braixen and Chandelure. And after seeing the screenshots I think I'll enjoy Braixen a lot. I thought it was just gonna be a fire spamming type of character with perhaps a kick or something, but nope! it uses the magic twig for projectiles and it even uses it to fly like a magic broom~ I love it <3. It's obviously gonna have some fire spammy moves too but this makes Braixen a lot more unique to me.

16 minutes ago, dabbido said:

Meh that's crappy, I really wanted Mega Mewtwo Y for regular Mewtwo, but whatevs, in a way it's just a bonus since it's a regular Mewtwo for those who don't like the dark version or want to play as the original one. So I guess it's okay, it's a lot of work to do another model and of course new attacks and "ultimate attack".

I'm still very happy about Garchomp, Braixen and Chandelure. And after seeing the screenshots I think I'll enjoy Braixen a lot. I thought it was just gonna be a fire spamming type of character with perhaps a kick or something, but nope! it uses the magic twig for projectiles and it even uses it to fly like a magic broom~ I love it <3. It's obviously gonna have some fire spammy moves too but this makes Braixen a lot more unique to me.

Actually it looks like Dark Mewtwo has a different, much more dangerous moves

W24MBTl.jpg9tpEt9O.jpgY6aCt24.jpg

That reminds me of the final boss of Soulcalibur 4, not Mewtwo, and that's a really funky moveset

Really looking forward to the game. I'm satisfied with the roster but I hope we at least get another character or two to round things out.

2 minutes ago, Cola said:

Really looking forward to the game. I'm satisfied with the roster but I hope we at least get another character or two to round things out.

We actually know of 4 unknowns for sure for wii-u release due to the arcade select screen, and it's quite possible we could get another 4 or so on top of that. Heck a Giant character definitely wouldn't surprise me

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

We actually know of 4 unknowns for sure for wii-u release due to the arcade select screen, and it's quite possible we could get another 4 or so on top of that. Heck a Giant character definitely wouldn't surprise me

That sounds great! Can't wait to see what choices they make.

Some more unexpected ones like Chandelure would be awesome.