Awoo.

Red Nose Day 2015

Big Panda

The funniest bi-annuel charity event is back! Have you made any donations? Will you be watching the telethon tonight on BBC One?

I haven't seen the telethon in years. I did watch some of the 2012 Children in Need because somebody at my school was in it briefly. I found it rather dull, which is sad considering how it's a charity and all. Probably didn't help that I missed the part he was in because it was fairly short. But maybe I'll see how it's like tonight? Maybe briefly. I hope the people who watch it enjoy it.

I think I was going through a phase of hating anything happy at the time now I think about it.

EDIT - ...Damn, I didn't think this would be a double-post.

Guess I may as well add something of value:

I might watch some of it, generally I find the show to be pretty weak. Despite being billed as a comedy telethon, the actual humour is so bland that it's almost unwatchable.

The only sketches I've ever truely loved have been Ricky Gervais' especially the one where he faked a trip to africa by shooting it all on greenscreen because he couldn't be bothered to go. Love it.

I bought five of the noses though. Didn't get the robot one...I wanted the robot one :(

I admit I only watched the James Bond skit which I thought was hilarious. Especially when Naomie Harris (Moneypenny) voice turned into a Northern accent. "Rumpy Pumpy". I thought it was very funny personally apart from that yeah I didn't watch it. *guilty face*

• Thumbs Up 1

I was mildly amused by the Little Britain skit with Stephen Hawking, even some bits didn't make logical sense (why would a super-genius like Hawking ask the nun why she's dressed as a penguin?)

The funniest bi-annuel charity event is back! Have you made any donations? Will you be watching the telethon tonight on BBC One?

I think this thread has some merit, but would you please revise the OP with some additional information for those who aren't aware of what it is?

It will help keep things conductive to discussion. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Relief#The_Red_Nose

http://www.comicrelief.com/

It's an event that happens on odd-numbered years in March where a lot of comedians (such as Lenny Henry) hold a comedy-themed telethon to raise money for a charity called Comic Relief. They get people to buy red noses that are usually foam or plastic that change every event. I believe they do other things between the telethons, but most people know them for that in the UK.

I was mildly amused by the Little Britain skit with Stephen Hawking, even some bits didn't make logical sense (why would a super-genius like Hawking ask the nun why she's dressed as a penguin?)

I thought it was pretty funny. Especially where Lou says we'll go home and watch Peppa Pig and Stephen Hawking replies "piss off". Genius, Hawking has always had a great sense of humour. :)  

Other than it was a bit memorable apart from raising more than 1 billion pounds that was impressive. I don't know if that is just 30 years overall but still impressive.