Awoo.

The Web-Slinging webhead himself Spider-Man Joins the MCU

Inkling Cooper

So, since this was lost in the recent forum collapse, I am going to remake this topic with some newer information. Even though this was discussed lightly in the MCU Topic, I'm just going to bring it back. So, here we go:  On February 2015, Sonic Pictures and Marvel Studios have signed a deal to let the web-head himself, Spider-Man appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe starting with a Marvel Studios movie which is most likely Captain America Civil War and afterwards Spidey will get his own solo movie on July, 28  2017.

Since this deal was announced, naturally there have been tons of rumors about topics like who will play the new version of Spider-Man since Andrew Garfield is out of the role. Some popular candidates have been actors like Dylan O' Brien and Logan Lerman as well as a bunch of others which I won't mention for brevity's sake. Another rumor that's been going around is that Drew Goddard will direct the new solo Spidey movie and another one saying that he will fight Iron Man in the first solo movie.

Another one is that Danny Elfman was listed on the poster for Avengers Age of Ultron for additional music which people thought would mean his Spidey music from the Sam Raimi movies in a post-credits scene but he debunked that.

So, that's the end of this OP. I'm trying to bring us back up to speed as quickly as possible on this whole thing which is why this post might be long to same of you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

No, no, no, no, no, no

We do not need another Spider-Man reboot. I mean, come on. We literally just had a reboot. Why in the world would they want to make another one? Now, that being said, I wouldn't be against them making another Spider-Man film but another reboot, really? Do you know what that means? We're gonna have to go through his origin again. Not to mention how excited I was for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, but whatever. Geez, and to think, people thought The Amazing Spider-Man was too soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently we won't have to see his origin again. Also, I completely forgot this topic even existed.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a huge fan of Spidey, I'm personally glad that he's joining the MCU. Hopefully it will mean that the film is good, though Sony's involvement has me skeptical. I just hope that Sony doesn't pull any bullshit that might destroy the partnership that they just formed with Marvel, it would be the equivalent of kicking someone between the legs and running off with their phone.

I'm really glad that Spider-Man is joining the MCU but I'm also a bit skeptical about Sony still having a hand in it and the possibility of yet ANOTHER origin story. I mean bloody hell everyone and their mother knows how Peter became Spidey, stop showing us! Just a quick flashback scene at beginning will suffice.

Has Andrew Garfield made a comment yet about not being Spider-Man anymore?

I'm really glad that Spider-Man is joining the MCU but I'm also a bit skeptical about Sony still having a hand in it and the possibility of yet ANOTHER origin story. I mean bloody hell everyone and their mother knows how Peter became Spidey, stop showing us! Just a quick flashback scene at beginning will suffice.

Has Andrew Garfield made a comment yet about not being Spider-Man anymore?

While I do agree with not wanting another origin story, I mean, it seems kind of lazy to just start the movie off with him already Spider-Man, even if everybody already knows how it happened. 

Not sure if he's made a comment regarding not being Spider-Man but apparently him and Emma Stone (who played Gwen Stacy in the TASM films) have broken up. I don't know why I brought that up. 

New Info time: So, on a press event  for Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige confirmed that the new Spidey will be Peter Parker (Although apparently  and no origin story. Just updating with more info.

Also, Peter will be introduced in Captain America: Civil War, and the suit has apparently already been designed.

Did it really need to be confirmed that Spider-Man will be Peter Parker? I mean, don't you think that's just a tad bit silly? It's like having to confirm that Batman in Dawn of Justice will be Bruce Wayne. 

Did it really need to be confirmed that Spider-Man will be Peter Parker? I mean, don't you think that's just a tad bit silly? It's like having to confirm that Batman in Dawn of Justice will be Bruce Wayne. 

Nah, nowadays people like to check if it's Miles Morales from Ultimate Spider-Man. He's beginning to be a fan fave and you never know with how the Marvel Cinematic Universe would shake things up.

Nah, nowadays people like to check if it's Miles Morales from Ultimate Spider-Man. He's beginning to be a fan fave and you never know with how the Marvel Cinematic Universe would shake things up.

I thought people hated Ultimate Spider-Man

Sad to hear about Andrew and Emma breaking up. Hope it had nothing to do with the sequel and its aftermath. 8(

While I do agree with not wanting another origin story, I mean, it seems kind of lazy to just start the movie off with him already Spider-Man, even if everybody already knows how it happened. 

I'm pretty sure the Spectacular Spider-Man tv series didn't open with an origin story, instead opting for a narration by Peter himself. Then again it's been years since I watched it so I could be wrong. XD

I haven't watched the Spectacular Spider-Man series so I wouldn't know. That reminds me, didn't Ultimate Spider-Man open up with Peter having been Spider-Man for a year? 

I believe so, but Ultimate Spider-Man is a steaming pile of tv garbage so let's pretend it doesn't exist

Peter is gonna be in high school this time (15/16 was a highlighted age) so I guess they'll be looking for a young 'un. Still putting my hopes down on Dylan. It's also good that they've confirmed it's not gonna be another origin story - but I'm not sure why anyone thought they'd pull that in the first place honestly. Feige said they're gonna go further with the witty too which I'm down for but the costume... I think ASM2 was absolutely perfect, I'm not sure if they'll top it.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's Ultimate Spider-Man the comic, and then there's the cartoon. Generally, when people talk about Miles, they're talking the comic, which is quite frankly one of the few things to come out of the Ultimate Universe that's actually any good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I really wish they'd just hire Bendis to write the script for a movie. I don't know why that hasn't happened yet considering his work on Spider-Man is the best the series has ever gotten, with the Spectacular show being the only thing that comes close.

So it has been confirmed that there's no origin story for the new Spider-Man? Thank God for that!

Anyway whoever they choose to play Spider-Man, I hope he's as good as Andrew Garfield. Such a shame he got booted since he was the best thing about ASM. 8[

They said they're actually aiming for an actor who's 15-16, so it'll probably be someone relatively unknown.

I wonder if they've actually casted him yet though. He's supposed to appear in Civil War but that's already started filming.

They said they're actually aiming for an actor who's 15-16, so it'll probably be someone relatively unknown.

I wonder if they've actually casted him yet though. He's supposed to appear in Civil War but that's already started filming.

Everyone and their grandma is gonna be auditioning for a role that huge, I'm sure they could get it done quick.

Nah they didn't specify the actor's age, just what they envision Parker's age will be.

“In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”

They're probably gonna shoot young so they can have an actor to milk for as long as possible. I'd imagine they're trying to avoid another RDJ situation.

Feige said they're gonna go further with the witty too which I'm down for but the costume... I think ASM2 was absolutely perfect, I'm not sure if they'll top it.

Honestly I preferred the first movie's costume. It looked cooler to me. 

You're probably thinking of the show then. Miles Morales hails from the Ultimate comics which are much more popular in comparison to that tv travesty.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we got the official potential actors for Pete who are all testing for the role

http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-shortlist-includes-paper-towns-star-nat-wolff-hugos-asa-butterfield-exclusive/

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Sony is preparing to make test offers to several young stars next week, with a decision expected in the next 2-3 weeks, though a deal may take longer to hammer out. To be clear, none of the five actors above have test offers, but multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have confirmed they are strong contenders who are definitely in the mix as of right now, and the group paints a picture of the kind of actor the studios want.

Literally never heard of any of them save for Asa (Ender's Game, Hugo) and Nat Wolff (he was on that naked brothers band on nick wasn't he? he's been in some recent stuff i know too) I would probably say give it to Asa, looking at some recent pics, i could see him as Peter. Dunno bout his acting chops though i remember him being okay as Ender but i haven't seen anything else with him.