Awoo.

KillaMaaki's Artwork Dump Reboot 2.0 Extroardinaire

KillaMaaki

I'm not quite sure what happened. Went to go log in today and found out that apparently my account seems to have been deleted (no email, message, no notification at all??), so I've gone and made a new account. Also my previous artwork dump thread was deleted along with the account, so this will be the new thread where I post my artworks.

Let's start things off with:

Shadow's Coffee.

shadow_s_coffee__color__by_killamaaki-d8

[OC] Alistair, the cat.

oc__alistair__full_color__by_killamaaki-

And another OC, Kumo.

oc__kumo_by_killamaaki-d8lmeoa.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two today.

First up, "Dawn". Not sure if I really care for this one, but I uploaded it anyway.

dawn_by_killamaaki-d8u9s7c.png

Next, a quick five minute sketch that ended up sillier than intended but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity once I had the idea.

This is what I envision Shadow The Hedgehog's Keyblade would look like if he had one.

shadow_key__keyblade__by_killamaaki-d8u9

• Thumbs Up 1

I... actually would like to see that happen. The idea of Shadow whacking enemies with a speed limit sign keyblade is hysterical.

Very interesting concept, to say the least! I assume it's inspired by the use of the speed limit sign weapon from the Shadow game?

I... actually would like to see that happen. The idea of Shadow whacking enemies with a speed limit sign keyblade is hysterical.

Very interesting concept, to say the least! I assume it's inspired by the use of the speed limit sign weapon from the Shadow game?

Yes. I had designed the handle bit, and was going to use the game's main symbol as the basis for the blade but then I decided it would make more sense as the keychain. So as I was trying to think of what else to use for the blade, I suddenly remembered the speed limit sign and realized I absolutely had to follow through with it - it was just too perfect XD

On a side note, new piece today:

ser_rausa_by_killamaaki-d8ue58o.png

EDIT: I feel like this guy's introduction in a game would be a cutscene involving him sipping a cup of tea, throwing said cup (now empty) into the air and smashing it to pieces with his blade before it hits the ground, and then assuming battle stance. For absolutely no other reason than to look cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've noticed that when I sketch I have a tendency to go way too fast (hehe). And when I go too fast, I get lazy and sloppy and I skip important things that I shouldn't skip.

Last night I did a drawing meditation exercise thing, which I'll probably continue to do. Today I did a test sketch of Sonic and tried to keep myself from going too fast, and wanted to pay attention to things I usually miss.

test_sonic_sketch_practice_by_killamaaki

For instance, I usually skip the limb contour markers, but I shouldn't because they're really helpful for establishing a limb's position and direction in 3D space and overall help with identifying his shape and mass much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reference sheet of Rausa (palette, weapon, clothed, unclothed).

Notes on the weapon:

I don't quite know what to call it, closest thing I can think of is a Glaive. The blade portion is roughly Rausa's arm length, and the whole thing end to end is a couple of inches taller than Rausa.

rausa_character_reference_by_killamaaki-

EDIT: God dammit, his claws are transparent. I swear, I always seem to forget something really important.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reference sheet of Rausa (palette, weapon, clothed, unclothed).

Notes on the weapon:

I don't quite know what to call it, closest thing I can think of is a Glaive. The blade portion is roughly Rausa's arm length, and the whole thing end to end is a couple of inches taller than Rausa.

rausa_character_reference_by_killamaaki-

EDIT: God dammit, his claws are transparent. I swear, I always seem to forget something really important.

It happens to us all! I've very often forgotten a small portion of a picture while working on it.

I assume in an industrial setting double and triple checking for any missing details is very common for this reason. But when it's just for a hobby, it's understandable something might slip through.

It looks great regardless! :)

Trying out alternate ways of shading and styling.

He's supposed to be sitting on a ledge, but I got lazy so I guess the ledge is invisible.

alternate_style_test_by_killamaaki-d8vpa

• Thumbs Up 2

And now for something completely different.

Handgun model I've been working on for both Unity 5 and SecondLife.

handgun_model_for_unity___secondlife_by_

• Thumbs Up 1