Awoo.

Here's what Sonic's abilities actually should be.

ashes2thestars

Running, jumping, and rolling. That's all. Here's why the others are either unneeded, pointless, or too powerful.

He doesn't need the homing attack, light speed dash, spin dash, bounce attack, stomp, double jump, or even the special attack from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

And yet the games, Sonic 2 and Sonic3K that came after Sonic 1 were applauded for improving the gameplay and helping it flow by means including the new abilities.

Taking them away lacks a plethora of sense, logic and reason.

And yet the games, Sonic 2 and Sonic3K that came after Sonic 1 were applauded for improving the gameplay and helping it flow by means including the new abilities.

Taking them away lacks a plethora of sense, logic and reason.

In Sonic 2, the levels flowed better and it felt faster due to the lack of waiting for platforms and stuff along those lines. In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Tails can fly and Knuckles can glide and climb. By the way, I also disagree with these abilities as well.

... I'm sorry, but I don't follow this. You're saying that because he has unique abilities to call his own (like Tails with his flight and Knuckles with gliding and climbing), he shouldn't be a video game character? This doesn't make a lot of sense, to say the least.

I don't get it either.