Awoo.

Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie / ONE, PS4, PC)

Junko

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

So my partner has downloaded this and is playing it next to me as I type...
This is Banjo Kazooie in all but name.

If you like the original games, this is your third game.

Ooofff, makes the wait for the Switch version even more painful( want it on the go, and I never finish games on my computer)

So I've played the game for about 80 minutes now and I've just expanded the first world.

I'm actually really enjoying it, and as Hogfather said it is BK in all but name. Quite appropriate then that the worst part so far was a driving minigame...

The soundtrack is also amazing.

Yooka-Laylee has been a delight so far. It's pretty much what I wanted it to be. As someone who loved the Banjo games, the game is ticking all the right boxes for me. 

Sharing the experience with my nephew who was in wonder the whole time makes it even better on a personal level. It's like watching myself as a kid with Banjo all over again :)

So far, it's alright. I have some frustrations with it, but it's definitely a Banjo Kazooie game. I'll have to play some more for a verdict.

So I rented the game. Figure the worst that'll happen is I won't like it, and that I at least supported the rental business in doing so. I rented the PS4 version, by the way.

This is definitely a Rare game in all but name. I'm enjoying it. Camera's not bugging me yet, and it seems to run fairly smoothly, but time will tell if it'll truly shine or flounder.

One big gripe is that the default sound settings are way too loud. You gotta turn them down in the options menu just to make them reasonable. I'm just glad the option's there, or else, I'd have to turn the TV down for this one, only to turn it back up when playing a different game. Yeesh.

And the game has some annoying things in it right in the first level. I gotta wonder if I played it too seriously, though, given this is a rental and all.

Still, the game has a lot of charm, and it definitely feels like Playtonic cared about the game rather than simply pumping it out for a quick buck. I'd definitely buy it somewhere down the line.

I think I more or less saw what I could get during that rental period, though. Which is really sad, but not much you can do about that.

Spoilers for the final battle

So for anyone that beat the game, did you also have trouble figuring out

Spoiler

You had to fly and lead the homing stingers back to Capital B? The position of the camera completely threw me off.

• 1 month later...

Beta64 released his episode on the game. It includes inside info as to why some of the changes were made and may even provide a hint as to what's to come. 

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Patch coming later this month. Switch version in testing. 

http://www.playtonicgames.com/greenandpurplepatch/

Which if it goes smoothly and goes to lock check Submission check quickly we could see it on switch within the next month or sooner... I've really been looking forward to playing this game 

Oye, was hoping we could get a Switch release date at E3. If they're still in testing, they probably don't even know yet, doubt Switchers'll be playing it before the fall.

28 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

Oye, was hoping we could get a Switch release date at E3. If they're still in testing, they probably don't even know yet, doubt Switchers'll be playing it before the fall.

Doubt they would be playing to give us the release date next week if it wasn't coming out of this fall. They're doing a secondary general test notthe initial heavy-duty test when they first completed the game this is about making sure it runs well on the system whereas mostly bugs of have already been documented so it'll be a much shorter time. Than it would've been for the original release