Awoo.

Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie / ONE, PS4, PC)

Junko

lmfao he's literally a one-eyed trouser snake. His dialogue is absolutely going to be filled with innuendo, isn't it

• Thumbs Up 1

GameXplain interview with the developers of Yooka-Laylee

Lots of interesting bits of info about the production and progression of the game so far and what to look forward to when it finally releases!

Y'know, I didn't know much about this game besides the name and that was it, I didn't even look into because of life, but after things were starting calming down at bit I decided to look up some artwork of the game and I gotta say it got me a bit intrigued. Now, after getting caught up with all of the news about it with former guys at Rare developing it and seeing gameplay in actino; I'm a lot more interest than I initially was, so here's looking forward to the game's release and being a fantastic one!

That's my discovery with this game at least. I can't believe it under my radar for quite a while.

I love how even retro revivals can't ignore the bullshit this industry has embraced.

Fucking incredible.

Well at least it's content that's being made after the actual game has been completed, much like Skyrim. It's not cutting out content that's in the game like titles like Arkham City. That's DLC that I wouldn't feel bad or dirty for buying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least it's content that's being made after the actual game has been completed, much like Skyrim. It's not cutting out content that's in the game like titles like Arkham City. That's DLC that I wouldn't feel bad or dirty for buying.

I think even in some cases, people complain about content that was made before a game's launch, but in many cases said content was made after the game was finished and they just had free time to add more stuff. The game takes time to get ready for launch and developer's don't just sit on their butts doing nothing.

Camelot did this in the case of Mario Golf: World Tour, for example.

Sometimes content has to get cut otherwise it won't release in a reasonable time frame. In cases where the content was already in the game and finished, but got cut to sell as DLC, that's a different story. Unfortunately, its difficult to know when such occurrences happen.

That said, I don't think Solkia was complaining about it, I think he's just saying that they're mocking day-one DLC. Which they basically are, since they clearly denote "When, and only when, the game is completed."

Then again I could be wrong and Solkia may have been complaining. The problem with many complaints about DLC, though, is that you can't just keep delaying a game to add more and more content. You release a full game, then add more content later. Sometimes, if the content is small enough, you might have time to finish it before the game actually launches (like in the case of Mario Golf: World Tour).

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah it's pretty clear that the devs were jabbing at the concept of day-one DLC. I always embrace extra substantial content that's developed post-release so this can only be a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then again I could be wrong and Solkia may have been complaining. 

how long have you known me, this should be a given

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

That last one is especially amazing. At first glance I thought it was a piece of concept art with the depth and level of detail it has.

This is already shaping up to be a great game that captures that old Rareware magic and I'm glad to be a backer. Hopefully it can reach £2 million before the campaign's end.

So it looks like the hubworld is a a library of sorts. Makes since considering they said the collectible were called Pagies, right?

Ladies and gentlemen the Kickstarter has just ended with it hitting all their stretch goals including the free backer DLC.

Edit: Total amount raised was £2,090,104.  1194% funded

• Thumbs Up 1

darn, meant to back this, oh well, will buy the wii-u version when it comes out

darn, meant to back this, oh well, will buy the wii-u version when it comes out

You can for a few more minutes they're still taking Paypal donations.

Edit: Or longer apparently.

e266235c646f2c8efaa245c2e5b04912_origina

Me and my boyfriend gave 70 quid to support this and we'll be very pleased with the rewards once they arrive. I'm amazed they managed to reach the 2 million just before it ended too!

Not an update but I'll be damned if this wasn't the most adorably cool thing I'd seen this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjSaC0yn_7E&feature=youtu.be

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry for the double post but it looks like Playtonic just released an new update, and it's not a happy one. The gist is that some one fucked up an order and ended up costing a larger portion of the games budget. As a result the game's overall visual and music budget will be taking a large hit.

To say this is disappointing is an understatement, the Kickstarter curse carries on guys.

I can't watch the video right now, but going by the preview, it's £2000?

Well, now I feel less guilty about my bank fucking things up, making me not able to pay my £7 :V

You guys, its a joke parody video (of course you guys already know that, I'm just clearing it up for anyone else)

Somehow I feel as though this is half joke and half shenanigans.

The order was SUPPOSED to be 2000 pounds.

But FUCKING GAERETH made a 2 mil pound order.

Sorry for the double post but it looks like Playtonic just released an new update, and it's not a happy one. The gist is that some one fucked up an order and ended up costing a larger portion of the games budget. As a result the game's overall visual and music budget will be taking a large hit.

To say this is disappointing is an understatement, the Kickstarter curse carries on guys.

Ok, that's pretty hilarious. So I suppose that's one of the arcade games that will be available in the game? Looks pretty cool. ^^

Somehow I feel as though this is half joke and half shenanigans.

After actually watching the video its definitely a joke, but it looks like they did make a real 8-bit platformer game (not likely a FULL game of course), and my guess is its one of the mentioned Arcade games that's to appear in Yooka-Laylee.

Oh, a joke? Well, now I feel silly. I guess that's what happens when your Internet sucks...

Ok, that's pretty hilarious. So I suppose that's one of the arcade games that will be available in the game? Looks pretty cool. ^^

After actually watching the video its definitely a joke, but it looks like they did make a real 8-bit platformer game (not likely a FULL game of course), and my guess is its one of the mentioned Arcade games that's to appear in Yooka-Laylee.

Yeah, i'm betting on that myself so this is probably more of a sneak peak on what we can expect from the arcade games (which if they're all going to be as interesting as this I can't wait to see the others);

Is it actually related at all to the game? Going by the fine print in the end, this seems more a joking prank/fangame than anything else.