Awoo.

Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie / ONE, PS4, PC)

Junko

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I slightly cringed at the title name (both how similar it is to Banjo Kazooie and a loose pronunciation pun(?) on Ukelele), but it's the charm of a Rare character.

What I hope for is an experience very similar to Banjo Kazooie and a much more toned down collect-a-thon than Banjo Tooie and DK 64.

I'm really impressed by that first footage.  As excited as I am for A Hat in Time, in all the early footage of that the character didn't seem to have a good feeling of weight to her in her movements.  Yooka and Laylee already look really satisfying to play as, like you could have fun just jumping around with them in the game world.  That's an utterly crucial feature for a 3D platformer so I'm glad it's looking good up front already.  I'm not CRAZY fond of their designs but I think they have serious potential to grow on me.

Like most here, I'm hoping the scale will be on the Banjo-Kazooie side too.  I did barely finish DK64 and B-T with guides (not 100%) and never went back to them, but B-K I've been able to replay for years and years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really, really hope that they take inspiration from Chameleon Twist as well for Yooka's abilities. Sure, both of those games had their problems, but they had some cool ideas as well.

I absolutely loved David Wise's soundtrack for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (seriously, I can't believe there's never been a soundtrack release for that!) so if he's composing the tunes for this as well... count me in!

In other news, NintendoLife has promised some big news at 5pm (presumably UK time)

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/594084663636922368

I'm guessing this is just going to be when all the Kickstarter stuff goes live, but maybe it at least confirms that Wii U will be a confirmed/possible platform?

The IGN article confirmed that if the Kickstarter gets funded it should be heading to Wii U, PS4 and XBO.

In other news, NintendoLife has promised some big news at 5pm (presumably UK time)

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/594084663636922368

I'm guessing this is just going to be when all the Kickstarter stuff goes live, but maybe it at least confirms that Wii U will be a confirmed/possible platform?

Also, yes-- 5 PM BST/12 PM EDT is when the Kickstarter launches. Playtonic says so themselves.

In any case, I wonder what this news could be?

Also, yes-- 5 PM BST/12 PM EDT is when the Kickstarter launches. Playtonic says so themselves.

In any case, I wonder what this news could be?

Confirmed Wii-u first platform support? or that its a first and lower goal than the others? 

Edit: That they made a deal with Nintendo to launch it on Wii-u frst? :P

All that Playtonic have said is that depending on the Kickstarter, the game is coming to 8th generation consoles, PC and Mac. The 5pm is just when the Kickstarter goes up.

I hope they release a soundtrack, especially with artist breakdown.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm definitely backing this, which is a first for me.

I love how the voice-planning process was apparantly just a bunch of staff members shouting weird noises at each other. All is as it should be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Over 40% complete towards its initial goal in ten minutes.

Jesus. Like, I'm not even a Banjo fan but wow is the hype real.

Hmmm, I plan to back it(especially for the wii-u version), but last thing I backed was hover... also it'll have to wait a week

Updated the OP.

It's halfway complete. We have another Mighty #9 in terms of funding.

Man, I only heard of this on IGN yesterday, but I'm already in love with it.  I loved the good ol' days of 3D platformers in the early 2000s, so this fits me down to the ground. 

Ok, this is going to be fully funded by the end of the day

I'm just looking at the Backers and Money totals just go up and up and up...

This really does look charmng, from the art direction to the character designs to the music (given who 's on board it's no surprise). Definitely something fans should keep their eye on for. Hoping for the best.

My only quibble is that you have to pay extra for the manual :( that stinks, its part of the experience