Awoo.

Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie / ONE, PS4, PC)

Junko

$55 or £55?

I think we should stick to £ when referring to pledge tiers, especially since conversion rates may differ. So no the tier you're referring to won't run out

Right, I keep forgetting that its default currency is £. Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

It's going to hit second stretchgoal soon, jesus christ...

buh-buh-buh my tongue-in-cheek humor!!

just kidding absolutely nothing about N&B was tongue-in-cheek fuck that game's attempts at self-referential humor.

• Thumbs Up 2

buh-buh-buh my tongue-in-cheek humor!!

just kidding absolutely nothing about N&B was tongue-in-cheek fuck that game's attempts at self-referential humor.

I still think the ending is a bigger slap to the face cause at that point they were aware that it Banjo wouldn't get another installment 

• Thumbs Up 1

2nd stretch goal of £330k

A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge Level! Go for the mystery prize... we dare you!

Urgh, I hated the writing in Nuts & Bolts. It felt really forced and the ending was like a slap in the face to Banjo Kazooie fans. No wonder N&B didn't do well sales and reviews wise; the gameplay wasn't the only thing people didn't like.

I must be one of the few people who thoroughly enjoyed N&B's so it doesn't really bother me, I'm just glad we got another game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I must be one of the few people who thoroughly enjoyed N&B's so it doesn't really bother me, I'm just glad we got another game.

I enjoyed it too, not so much the story, but the actual gameplay was a fun sandbox vehicle game

Nuts & Bolts was great. Nuts & Bolts was better than Tooie, even. Since most of Playtonic's staff worked on Nuts & Bolts I hope they make another game like it in the future, with a new IP attached to it. Maybe it could star one of the characters from Yooka-Laylee.

One must wonder if platformers as a whole really were giving diminishing returns, or if certain titles in other genres were simply outpacing them and people took that as "all people want now are FPS and third-person action games."

Nuts & Bolts was great. Nuts & Bolts was better than Tooie, even. Since most of Playtonic's staff worked on Nuts & Bolts I hope they make another game like it in the future, with a new IP attached to it. Maybe it could star one of the characters from Yooka-Laylee.

Nuts and Bolts was a pretty decent game.

It was, however, a shitty shitty shitty Banjo Threeie. That's the game people wanted and expected, but instead their beloved franchise was done in by a game that nobody wanted. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't even think a true Banjo Threeie would be able to cause much impact now, people will think Microsoft are trying to take the limelight off Playtonic, no matter how you slice it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait for Yooka-Laylee PC to come out so Banjo and Kazooie can be playable.

This will literally be the first mod.

• Thumbs Up 4

I have very limited funds...but I seriously wanna throw some money at this. So do I get something depending on how much I give?

On the contrary, I think Yooka-Laylee is the best chance we have at showing Microsoft, Activision, and others that we still want 3D character-driven platformers. If we got a labor-of-love Banjo Threeie out of this somehow, I wouldn't call that taking the limelight from PlayTonic (their work will always stand on its own, and gamers know that) so much as taking the baton and running with it. Seriously, more of these games is only a good thing in my book.

• Thumbs Up 6

I too loved Nuts N' Bolts. Can't say much about the writing since it's been years since I played it. But I do remember Klungo's dialogue and it was hilarious.

How long do you think it'll take to get to a million pounds?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have very limited funds...but I seriously wanna throw some money at this. So do I get something depending on how much I give?

Yup, most people are backing the £15/$24 tier for a copy of the game.

I know it's a pipe dream but...

If this is a sounding success I wish companies would actually fucking acknowledge there's profit and demand for these type of game and to bring cult favourites back like Spyro and Crash, and maybe boot Microsoft up the ass to actually use Banjo and Conker instead of putting them in shit "game-creator" projects.

Especially with Might No.9 getting so much crowd funded cash just because people are desperate for another Megaman, yet Capcom were ignorant to even acknowledge it before it was too late.

For fuck sake stop wasting IP's when you could be making MONEY WITH THEM.

• Thumbs Up 6