Awoo.

Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie / ONE, PS4, PC)

Junko

"They had one day, and one million bucks, this game is hype as fuck!"

That better be a line in the GK Rap I swear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Next stretch goal is an orchestral soundtrack:

Like a small child saturated with energy drinks, our Kickstarter campaign just won’t stop movin’ – and it’s clattered through another two stretch goals. And a lounge table.

We’d like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your wonderful support. But we know it’s not pleasantries you’ve clicked for, it’s our next stretch goal - So bring it on!

First, a disclaimer: We’ve attentively followed your feedback since the Kickstarter launched and we’re acutely aware of the concerns surrounding Kickstarter ‘bloat’. Backers can be assured that the Playtonic team is comprised of vastly experienced game developers, and we’ve carefully planned our stretch feature pledges to ensure that they won’t negatively impact on the creation of our game.

These are very ‘much’ dream extras that with additional budget we’ll be able to add to the Yooka-Laylee package with minimal disruption to our core work.

Our next stretch goal, for example, will allow us to get a bigger office. Wait, that’s not right…

Ahem. Our next stretch goal will allow us to budget an orchestral score and time for our composers to record their music in an ideal environment. Any extra money we raise will of course go towards improving and polishing the game.

Don’t forget to project your questions and ideas at our social channels on Twitter, Facebook and indeed this very Kickstarter page. And thanks again for your amazing support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/posts/1219224

I'm torn on this game. On one hand I love the idea of more 3D platformers and I love the composers, but I'm not sure I want another collect-a-thon. I'm not too sure I'd have the patience in me for it now.

Look, man, for a non-Sonic/Mario 3D platformer, I'll collect anything you daggone want me to.

• Thumbs Up 4

David Wise is answering questions on Twitter today!

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Wise

Just make sure your tweet has the hashtag "AskDWise". :)

I'm really happy for these guys. I grew up with Donkey Kong Country and DK64!

I only played Banjo Tooie of the Banjo games but I have fond memories of it.

That in mind, I am sorely tempted to donate and snag myself the digital copy, which I presume is going to be a lot cheaper than retail. May as well, right?

Just a thought.

On top of doing a N64 shader mode, what if they also applied Nintendo 64 soundfonts/sampling to the existing soundtrack? I'd actually think this would be really cool. I've done this to a couple midi from the past and they fit in perfectly with Banjo's SF, not sure how hard it would be for Grant/David to pull this off but I'd really appreciate it.

(of course the actual game quality comes first I just really like little tidbits like this.)

Just a thought.

On top of doing a N64 shader mode, what if they also applied Nintendo 64 soundfonts/sampling to the existing soundtrack? I'd actually think this would be really cool. I've done this to a couple midi from the past and they fit in perfectly with Banjo's SF, not sure how hard it would be for Grant/David to pull this off but I'd really appreciate it.

(of course the actual game quality comes first I just really like little tidbits like this.)

It's an interesting idea. I also have no idea how hard it would. Didn't stop someone from already doing it to Jungle World though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1grqdNM01-s

Edit: And there's a new interview with Steve Mayles on how he designed the characters. Also camouflage abilities are confirmed.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/the-man-behind-yooka-and-laylee/

• Thumbs Up 1

I could have sworn they made one of those at this point?

Either way MN9's still underwhelming so oh well.

I wondered if Kickstarter did that.

That's not unreasonable, is it? Kickstarter has to make a profit somehow.

I don't think service fees are a bad thing, I just didn't know Kickstarter did it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, trust former Rare guys to come up with a name like that. XD He looks great though!

• Thumbs Up 2

He'll demonstrate the moves for you?

Can't wait to see how he demonstrates any sort've flight.

"PlayTonic, you need to add shorts to the reptile!"

"There, we added shorts to the reptile."

"...What the fuck."

Such a charming design.

• Thumbs Up 6

He'll demonstrate the moves for you?

Can't wait to see how he demonstrates any sort've flight.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's got to demonstrate walking first. Like, how the hell.

New character introduced CEv6CujW0AAbd-g.png

Trouser Snake[emoji15] [emoji6]

Really like the design.

So, yeah, €1.5 mil achieved. Orchestral soundtrack CONFIRMED!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/posts/1224831

And not even a day...

post-2675-0-69619400-1431385006_thumb.pn

https://mobile.twitter.com/altermentality/status/597887081122148352

Right off the bat I fell in love with this design. This guy needs a game. I don't care if it's a sales simulator, I want it and I want it now.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not like Bottles was physically capable of teaching Kazooie how to fly. In fact, he didn't actually do anything. He just had awesome meta powers and told you what buttons to press.

• Thumbs Up 2