Awoo.

Pixels (2015): Adam Sandler, you did it again!

Kaze no Klonoa

It doesn't really appeal all too much to me. Sandler just delivered his lines like he didn't know video games but pretended to, and was rather cringeworthy in the process. And the comedy appeal is 50/50. The Iwatani joke was an instant crackup for me, while the rest was just was more of a "meh".

My hopes aren't high, but aren't low, either. I'll await the reviews.

I find Adam Sandler's films a hit or miss, though with more "miss" than "hit."

Chris Columbus? Eh, he's done some good work, but some bad work as well, so who knows?

Not sure what to expect here. At any rate, there will probably be better movies to see, or heck, even better things to do if the movies are all lacking.

If nothing else, the special effects are pretty decent. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go.

And so the Sony monopoly on video game films expands...!

I actually think this could be pretty funny. I'll definitely give it a go.

I'll be interested to see all the sorts of brands that get in. I know it says arcade, but is there any chance the really classic home consoles could get a little representation as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

The pixels themselves are pretty cool. But with Adam Sandler involved I have little hope for this movie, lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

OOK!

BIG SCREEN DEBUT!

ALL OF YOU GO BANANAS FOR DIS MOVIE!

TICKET SALES EXPAND MY DONG!

• Thumbs Up 2

The film looks alright, if it gets at least half-decent reviews I'll probably go to see it.

To echo almost everybody though, Adam Sandler and co. being present does concern me for the overall film's quality. It's a shame when a cast can completely taint an otherwise promising-sounding concept. Heck, I even used to like Adam Sandler back in his Little Nicky days. Let's hope this is at least one of his "not quite as bad as all the rest" performances.

Pretty fucking stupid looking. The humor in it outside the very end of the trailer indicates a work for hire writing staff who took a rejected ID4 script and tried to apply The Big Bang Theory filter to it, and they chose 1982 because that was the last date any of the people involved actually played videogames.

• Thumbs Up 8

The last bit was really funny. OH MY GOD A GIANT PAC- Gets bitten.

90ciBEN.jpg

Nintendo to buy Sony confirmed!

That explains why sonic does not appear in a cameo appearance.

Looks like the (actually clever) original short of the same name was hackneyed into some overblown, arcade-themed Battleship knockoff with the exceedingly stale HappyMadison humor and cast.

The faintest praise I can give this thing is that the production values / CG for the videogame characters looks great, but other than that? Pass. And given Sandler's box office track record lately, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a flop too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, funny how I remembered seeing this movie up on Wikipedia not to long ago. I'm gonna just echo what everyone said about this movie having an interest concept/premise but it's ruined by Adam Sandler and his gang, along with Happy Madison Productions being the driving force of the film. The CG value looks great and all, but other than that, there's nothing this film has to offer for me to even enjoy.  So, count me as one of the people not looking forward to this upcoming trainwreck, because eventually I'll be dragged to go see it.

Apart from one or two funny moments this movie really doesn't look that great, and that's sad indeed. Oh Adam Sandler, if only you weren't in it...

CGI pixels look great though.

• Thumbs Up 1

And Pac Man. And the person who created Pac Man.

AAAAA SOMEONE ANNHILIATE THIS STUPID THING!!!

I'll give this movie some credit, I thought them driving in the cars colored/named after the Pacman ghosts was actually kind of clever. I'm still not a big fan of the rest of the film from what it looks like though.

Also does anybody remember when Futurama did a video game themed episode and how awesome it was? The more that I think about it the more this movie looks just like it... except doesn't look as good imo.

Just save your money and watch the Futurama episode with the same premise. This just looks like another half-assed cash grab sandler film.

Heh. Maybe I'm the only one who saw the Pac-Man creator guy's joke coming from a mile away. If anything, I was just thinking "Okay...okay...okay...how long do you plan to drag this out?".

So, no laughs for me. Big shock.

I'm just wondering how much toilet humor is going to be in this thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna give this one the benefit of the doubt and not worry about it being ruined by one actor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trailer didn't speak to me much.  The Donkey Kong moment was kind of cool in terms of it being faithful to the original game but in 3D but otherwise this feels like standard uninspired portrayal of video games and seems to have weirdly less heart and affection to it than the Futurama episode did that parodied the same games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll give this movie some credit, I thought them driving in the cars colored/named after the Pacman ghosts was actually kind of clever.

I wouldn't. BMW probably wrote a very large check for that particular creative decision.
  • Thumbs Up 6

The trailer looks a lot better than i was expecting. I'll definitly see this, maybe not in theatres but yeah, I'll watch it. The effects look really nice if nothing else, it's cool to see those characters on the big screen.

Iwatani wasn't playing himself? Dawww, my hopes were too high...

To make it even more strange, the actor playing as him is about the same age as him, so it wouldn't be the case if Iwantani simply didn't come because of age, rather for other reasons or he was never approached about appearing in it.

I don't know, would it have been possible to get the real Toru Iwatani? Knowing these kind of movies, they know how to rope really famous people into their movies.