Awoo.

Pixels (2015): Adam Sandler, you did it again!

Kaze no Klonoa

Sadly, that will be the only time we get the pleasure of seeing a Smurf get massacred in a Sony movie.

• Thumbs Up 5

So Q*Bert's their friend in this movie?

That's cool, good for him for getting more significence after Wreck-It Ralph. I'm getting torn on whether or not I wanna see this movie. Damnit Sandler.

The new trailer actually doesn't look too shabby, I reckon this will be worth a watch if only for all the nostalgic videogame references. Looks like a decent popcorn flick even if it does end up being hilariously unfunny and shallow.

I'd hate to say this movie is going to be shit, even though I think it looks like it so far, because I said the exact same thing about the Lego movie last year and I had to eat my words big time with that.

Nevertheless, my expectations for this movie aren't very high and that trailer didn't do anything but reinforce my low expectations for this film. At least the concept is pretty cool, though - which is already a huge step up from pretty much all of Sandler's recent works.

• 1 month later...

Just saw some advertising for the film. It's sponsoring The Simpsons on Channel 4. 

This movie has a lot more of Adam Sandler's Friends than the initial trailers and news originally implied.

I'm gonna connect it! The aliens won in pixels and then they pixelated the whole world and thus, Minecraft was born. The end!

What's even worse about this is that this was a pretty good idea. I'm guessing the execution of it was horrible. It's such a shame that when Hollywood DOES manage to come up with good ideas, they execute it in the worst way possible.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had a feeling it was gonna be bad; it's got Adam Sandler in it and it's by Sony Pictures. Looks like I'm gonna skip this next month when it hits the cinemas. =I

• Thumbs Up 3

Its a good thing my local theater has a free pass system so I can see this shit for free.

Though it probably be something I'd regret later. Specially since I'm hyped for the rest of the movies around the end of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am so totally utterly surprised. :mellow:

I dunno if it's entirely fair to blame Sandler for it, though. I don't like the guy as much as anyone, but IMDB lists some writers who should probably share the blame with him. 

I had a feeling it was gonna be bad, but I didn't know it was gonna suck THIS HARD. Even movies like Transformers: Age Of Extinction started out with a fresh rating before it got the negative reception!

I REALLY want to see this movie because of Q*Bert alone, but man is it gonna be painful!

Edited by Failinhearts

I like Adam Sandler movies. I like video games.

So, yeah, I'm probably gonna like this movie when I see it next week. Even then though, it's still kinda sad to see this concept done by Sandler. Despite the fact I like his movies, I'd rather see this done in a more serious fashion.

Can't say I'm too surprised. Adam Sandler's movies are pretty much the same stupid shit jokes over and over again. The only exception is Hotel Transylvania and even then, I'm completely convinced that's good because Genndy Tartakovsky directed that.

Pixels sounds like a complete disgrace to classic video games tbh.

GUYS, you should totally see the Rotten Tomatoes score!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pixels/

14%

Critics Consensus: Much like the worst arcade games from the era that inspired it, Pixels has little replay value and is hardly worth a quarter.

In contrast, the Super Mario Bros. movie got a better score by on Rotten Tomatoes by 2%, and Pixels is probably going to gross way less than that disaster of a film.

Oh geez Adam Sandler.

Wow, Moviebob was relentless in expressing his hate for this movie. I never had interest in this anyway, due to Adam Sandler, yes,  but hearing this just makes it absolutely clear that no heart was put into this. And that's what kinda sad about it. What could've easily been a fun nostalgic romp celebrating video games from the 80's was instead just another unfunny Sandler film that actually mean-spiritedly pokes fun of and stereotypes people who liked and still enjoy these games. What a load.

And that scene with the Pac-Man creator actually doing a "he can't be evil!" and getting his hand all pixelated as a result came off as insulting too. I actually cringed and was hoping it wasn't setting up to have him get killed.  

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Moviebob reviewed this thing, and holy shit, I haven't seen him this livid about a film since, well, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA

Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing wow.  I am honestly curious to see how Mario (other than the guy wearing the shirt) and duck hunt dog were used in the movie but I am honestly not interested in seeing it ever sense I saw the first trailer for it.

Why am I not surprised that critics are tearing this film a new one? Oh well, at least Adam Sandler has a decent looking film (Hotel Transylvania 2) coming out later this year. 

Wow, Moviebob was relentless in expressing his hate for this movie. I never had interest in this anyway, due to Adam Sandler, yes,  but hearing this just makes it absolutely clear that no heart was put into this. And that's what kinda sad about it. What could've easily been a fun nostalgic romp celebrating video games from the 80's was instead just another unfunny Sandler film that actually mean-spiritedly pokes fun of and stereotypes people who liked and still enjoy these games. What a load.

And that scene with the Pac-Man creator actually doing a "he can't be evil!" and getting his hand all pixelated as a result came off as insulting too. I actually cringed and was hoping it wasn't setting up to have him get killed.  

I noticed this too. From what I've seen in the trailers and clips, instead of celebrating video game and retro culture like Wreck it Ralph, Pixels is straight up mocking gamers like hey, let's all laugh at how dumb and clumsy these "nerds" are! It's like Big Bang Theory all over again.

• Thumbs Up 2