Awoo.

Pixels (2015): Adam Sandler, you did it again!

Kaze no Klonoa

Man moviebob was pissed. I've never seen him this mad before that should be a sign of how bad this movie is. Which sucks because the concept of this movie is really good(like that one futurama episode) the problem from what I've seen in the trailers makes it seem that "look at these guys playing video games they are such nerds! These guys are our only hope of survival? We are so screwed!" 

What's even worse about this is that this was a pretty good idea. I'm guessing the execution of it was horrible. It's such a shame that when Hollywood DOES manage to come up with good ideas, they execute it in the worst way possible.

It's a pretty good idea that is probably too thin to stretch out any longer than the 8 or so minutes Futurama already spent on it.

Why am I not surprised that critics are tearing this film a new one? Oh well, at least Adam Sandler has a decent looking film (Hotel Transylvania 2) coming out later this year. 

Part of me is beginning to wonder if Hotel Transylvania films will ritually  become the one realm of the film industry where  we can actually expect good  from Adam Sandler  these days. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

So I just listened to big spoiler review for this movie and... Fuck, If I'd watched this It'd probably make me hate Josh Gad. And I don't want to hate him especially after how much I loved his show Comedians (RIP).

For those that don't know, and believe me it's probably best you don't

Josh's entire character is being a fat looser that never get's over a childhood crush, which is a videogame girl... made of pixels from an old 80's game cabinet. Then lust's after her, after she appears in real life and somehow wins her over at the last moment only for her to die. Said game girl then returns when Q*bert inexplicably morphs into her at the film's end and they hook up. This means that Josh Gad's character ends up fucking her/him and she/he gives birth to a litter of baby Q*bert's.

Copied from my status:

Just got back from seeing Pixels. It was actually really good, despite some dull moments, plot holes, and an abrupt ending. Still, really good, especially the effects and battle/video game scenes. There were even a bunch of cool little quips and references about those old games and the patterns and stuff in them. 

And honestly, people (especially MovieBob) have overreacted to this movie. There is literally nothing offensive about this movie. No offensive jokes even! At its worst, it can be boring, but the cool battle scenes and throwbacks were more than enough to make up for it. Seriously, go watch it, at least to form your own opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

So they're now trying to pull any movie which has the word 'pixels' in the title.

http://kotaku.com/copyright-trolls-get-videos-pulled-for-using-the-word-p-1722975424?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Including independent arthouse films which were published in 2011.

So they're now trying to pull any movie which has the word 'pixels' in the title.

http://kotaku.com/copyright-trolls-get-videos-pulled-for-using-the-word-p-1722975424?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Oh my god, seriously? Fuck off Sony.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't know that the trailer for the actual movie was included in that. That's even better than the video the film took inspiration from getting nailed for it.