Awoo.

Kojima leaving Konami after MGSV due to internal fallout / Reduction in KojiPro Senior Staff (Rebranding)

Carbo

Oh come on, Nintendo Kojima wouldn't be so bad! I can see it now...

"Metal Gear Rising 2. Only on Wii U. Rated E10 for Comic Mischief, Mild Violence and Crude Humor."

Anyways this is kind of sad to hear... I mean, I've never played any MGS games, so it doesn't affect me directly. Still... I wonder how bad the games will become with Kojima gone.

Yeah, because Bayonetta 2 totally had the same thing happen to it :V

Anyways, I wouldn't want Kojima going to the Big Three at all. I'd love to play his games on my PC, considering we're just now getting MGSV on Steam.

Has this been posted yet?

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/kojima-reportedly-leaves-konami-konami-responds?

So he's not leaving or at least staying on a "consultant" position?

Yeah, because Bayonetta 2 totally had the same thing happen to it :V

I was joking :P

I guess him going independent would be fine.

Confirmed: Kojima is now only on board as a contractor and will be leaving Konami after MGSV.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, i guess that's it for Silent Hills then: there's no way Konami will let go a franchise like that.

Now, if Kojima will fund his own studio or will be assimilated in another company is yet to know, but reguardless, this goes to show of fucked up Konami's practices have become over the recent years.

Confirmed: Kojima is now only on board as a contractor and will be leaving Konami after MGSV.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Hums *heres to you* whilst thinking Snake confirmed dead at end of next game.

Oh hey up! What does this mean for Silent Hills?

....Fuck.

Just...fuck.

I'd imagine Silent Hill will still go ahead. Kojima will probably just work as a contractor.

It sucks that "A Hideo Kojima Game" has been removed on all MGS5 related websites and especially the MGS5 box arts. He produced the game so his name should be on it!

I think this confirms The Phantom Pain is now finished and ready to go. Having recently turned the age of 50 and been working on MGS games for nearly 30 years, Kojima has likely decided it's time to move on and do something else.

I'm still looking forward to the TPP which will always be A Hideo Kojima Game.

Thanks for all your amazing games, Kojima!

Konami are lucky they have the MGS franchise. They'd be nothing without it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not, other then Rising 2 I fear for whats coming next without Kojima OR his team behind the helm.

Silent Hills is probably dead. It was a Hideo Kojima game. Directed and produced by him and Del Toro - he was the one that pushed for it internally. Konami treats the IP like yesterday's trash and only used it as a quick cash in for years after they sacked Team Silent, we'll probably just go back to that.

This is really disgusting. Fuck Konami for this - truly. 

Oh well. Kojima is no longer chained by the ankle to Konami and Metal Gear. On to brighter horizons!

Metal Gear is nothing without Kojima. Konami is nothing without Kojima.

• Thumbs Up 2

... So, we're not ever gonna get a new Zone of the Enders game, huh?  :(
  • Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything of decent quality coming out of Konami after MGSV. Other than maybe MGR.

There's still PES and Castlevania for Konami I guess...

They'll probably try and revive DDR as well...

But losing Kojima is HUGE. He's like the face of Konami IMO!

Wait...

Silent Hills is probably dead. It was a Hideo Kojima game. Directed and produced by him and Del Toro - he was the one that pushed for it internally. Konami treats the IP like yesterday's trash and only used it as a quick cash in for years after they sacked Team Silent, we'll probably just go back to that.

...You mean the guy behind Pan's Labyrinth & Pacific Rim? That Del Toro?

...You mean the guy behind Pan's Labyrinth & Pacific Rim? That Del Toro?

Yeah, that Del Toro.

Silent Hills was going to be really, really fucking good. 

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, that Del Toro.

Silent Hills was going to be really, really fucking good. 

Sigh.

PT really is amazing. 

My girlfriend and I played it together last weekend, it was genially a really clever game which had some very creepy moments. Sigh...

Not freaking happening, wow we lose something big today, am speechless of this new. what bother me the worst part is they have to take it off ( A Kojima Game) on MGS5. It's the end of an era, very unfortunately.

You have to wonder at the breathtaking hubris of the Konami executives who thought the publisher's name was bigger than the games they brought out.  They carried on with the same contempt for their staff for years and somehow didn't see this coming despite their developers jumping ship and their franchises dying one by one.

• Thumbs Up 3